It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for my Lucid Dreamers/Meditator's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I guess this could relate to WILD as well..

So, lately I have been doing much meditiation, however..I feel as if I am ast a disadvantage because I get "interruptions" in my visualization attempts.

For the first time I tried this:

Visualiztion Meditiation

So, I went down the elevator, I went down the stairs, opened the door, and Id get "confused" here.

When I "visualize" these things, am I supposed to "see" them..or just imagine that I went through all this. I can "imagine" up till the point that Im at the bottom of the stairs. When I try to visualize a "gaurdian" I get a bumnch of differnt things, when I try to "get guided to my door"..I first imagine just walking down a bunch of halls/twists and turns.

Maybe I am doing it right..and just not knowing? I cannot tell?

Is there supposed to "be" a voice that answers you back? Are you supposed to get "dropped" into what you picture, so that you experience it?

I feel like when I got down to the botom of the stairs, my eyes just wanted to open. My body was light as a feather/stiff as a board, so i just tried to "roll out"..but I fetl anchored down.

Can anyone be of assistance ?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GreeneLight

Personally I think you should forget the technique, if you are thinking about what to do next and what is supposed to happen you will ultimately hinder yourself. Just relax like you would on a beach, you don't have to picture images in your head as it is all about disassociation, you want to disconnect from your body so don't worry about picturing stuff.

When I first started meditation I used to spend 5 mins thinking of as many things as a I could, eventually you start to run out of stray thoughts. From there just control your breathing at a comfortable rate, if you were anchored down then it is probable you were thinking to much or not deep enough. The problem with reading about other peoples experiences and following their techniques is that your mind wants to force certain things to happen. Just let the body relax, as you improve there will come a point when it is hard to stay in your body.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Personally I think you should forget the technique, if you are thinking about what to do next and what is supposed to happen you will ultimately hinder yourself. Just relax like you would on a beach, you don't have to picture images in your head as it is all about disassociation, you want to disconnect from your body so don't worry about picturing stuff.

But how would one not think about what they would do next when staring into darkness?..isn't it only natural?

When I first started meditation I used to spend 5 mins thinking of as many things as a I could, eventually you start to run out of stray thoughts. From there just control your breathing at a comfortable rate, if you were anchored down then it is probable you were thinking to much or not deep enough. The problem with reading about other peoples experiences and following their techniques is that your mind wants to force certain things to happen. Just let the body relax, as you improve there will come a point when it is hard to stay in your body.

Thank you for your insight.

The only reason I look for outside help, in the form of guided videos/audio or links like these is because I simply do not know what to do. I would lay down or sit down, and make my body numb.but then I would just breathe and do nothing. I understand this to be "the point", to "do nothing" to escape and just 'be'...however, I wish to get more into communicating directly with my higher self.

Would you be able to offer any sufficient guidance towards this?

join