It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea launches rocket in defiance of critics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
ahhh so which is it? made it or not?

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...
"Japan says N. Korea's rocket debris fell into waters off Philippines"

or success?

www.msnbc.msn.com...
"North Korea reports successful launch of controversial rocket "

""The Japanese government regards this launch as an act compromising the peace and stability of the region, including Japan," Fujimura said.

Fujimura said the launch was "completely unacceptable," but he reassured the public that the Japanese government was doing everything possible to ensure national security. "Please go about your daily lives calmly," he said during a briefing.""

edit on 11-12-2012 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: to add quote

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Man, I wouldn't want to be in NK's shoes right now - they're about to get hit with some serious finger wagging

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
North Korea says its rocket has successfully put a satellite into orbit, state-run Korean Central News Agency says.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ummm what is the problem? If you read the reports the debris fell precisely into the areas that it should have for a successful launch. The rocket is MULTI-STAGE meaning that sections of it will fall into certain areas of the ocean. Do you even understand how this works?

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
ahhh so which is it? made it or not?

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...
"Japan says N. Korea's rocket debris fell into waters off Philippines"

or success?

www.msnbc.msn.com...
"North Korea reports successful launch of controversial rocket "

""The Japanese government regards this launch as an act compromising the peace and stability of the region, including Japan," Fujimura said.

Fujimura said the launch was "completely unacceptable," but he reassured the public that the Japanese government was doing everything possible to ensure national security. "Please go about your daily lives calmly," he said during a briefing.""

edit on 11-12-2012 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: to add quote

edit on 11-12-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't think NC should have a right to ICBM, I'm actually more scared and sketchy with NC having the abilities than Iran.. You'll never hear me say it, but I feel more safe with Iran having nukes than NC by far, it's such a unstable communist country..It's sad, they spend more money on defense and nuclear sh*t than actually feeding there own people..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
NK rocket launch successful, satellite in Orbit!

well done NK scientists, you have to give it to them!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
NK rocket launch successful, satellite in Orbit!

well done NK scientists, you have to give it to them!

NORAD confirms:

BREAKING: NORAD says North Korean missile appears to have launched 'an object' into orbit.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What kind of object...
I have read the official releases...this is an observatory satelite.

However...I wouldn't suggest that they would attempt to put a nuke in the sky...
Its not beyond me to consider what if the satelite had a package of "rods from god" in its hold.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
i don't think North Korea is a great nation etc, but

who really has the right to tell a sovereign nation that they are not allowed to test technology? this baffles me.

the hypocricy of nations who have this tech, telling ANYONE else that they cannot test it, or have it .. is just mind blowing

I do agree with you. It's a rather childish mentality. " I got it first, so I am better than you and I am going to bully you now."

Then we hold the technology over their head like the school bully saying " You want it? Jump! Try and get it!"

That's about what it equates to, to me.

Popular or not, that is where I stand.

Peace and love.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ronnie6657

That is the same news that last week said.....A Unicorn lair had been found in North Korea

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Does anybody give links anymore? They just say stuff without proper quotes or link to source. And add:

Confirmed:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I just read the headline via Google News about the successful launch in North Korea. A day or two ago I was reading on CNN about this upcoming launch and how it was delayed due to "technical" reasons.

In the earlier article there was a quote by some US authority who's name I don't recall, the summary of this quote was something along the lines of "we'll see" about it. The individual didn't seem to worried about this impending launch.

Now, if I am not mistaken, North Korea appears to have some type of nuclear weapon capability (Oct 9, 2006 they detonated a nuclear device of some type). They are now launching a long range rocket, and it appears that there is some concern about this. However, the concern expressed by this particular authority was not to the extent of needing to go into NK and stopping this launch.

On the other hand, we have a country, Iran, who does not appear to have nuclear weapon capability (yet?), but they do have rockets, and some of them are long range, and there is an enormous amount of concern in the US and other countries about the need to go in to Iran to stop them from making a weapon of mass destruction (nuclear bomb).

To me, it appears that North Korea is far closer to making a nuclear warhead (WMD) than Iran. Yet the response to Iran is much more harsh than that for North Korea.

Can anyone help me to understand this? Is there some behind the scenes agreement with North Korea that they will not use nuclear weapons? Are they to be trusted? Is North Korea more controlled by the superpowers than Iran?
Is it simply that more countries fear Iran than they fear North Korea?

Something isn't quite right about this whole thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
i don't think North Korea is a great nation etc, but

who really has the right to tell a sovereign nation that they are not allowed to test technology? this baffles me.

the hypocricy of nations who have this tech, telling ANYONE else that they cannot test it, or have it .. is just mind blowing

Well if your family gets vaporized because of this, at least you weren't a hypocrite!

When it comes to world politics and saber rattling, hypocrisy is the last thing on the minds of the people running things.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by live2beknown
I don't think NC should have a right to ICBM, I'm actually more scared and sketchy with NC having the abilities than Iran.. You'll never hear me say it, but I feel more safe with Iran having nukes than NC by far, it's such a unstable communist country..It's sad, they spend more money on defense and nuclear sh*t than actually feeding there own people..

If North Carolina had nukes, I'd be scared too! Those crafty North Carolians!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I feel your sentiments though, NK is really a bizare backwards little country. I mean, they just reportedly found a unicorn lair the other day.

Hopefully because they are so poor, they won't be able to afford to fuel many of these rockets anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well its confirmed, now that they finally made that successful step, what are the chances of them working on that whole famine issue now.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Agreed , of all the nations that the west bully , they certainly dont harass or invade north korea , its because they do test their technology and arent afraid to use it !

It's sheer hyprocracy to tell them not to test or condemn or sanction them , yet here we are bombing other nations into dust !

You know everything reeks of sheeeeeeiiiiit , when we invade nations who dont really do jack , yet north Korea are known dictatorship and have awful human rights records.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It takes quite a lot more than simply building and launching a Rocket into space, as the world players have discovered. Many, many failures preceded successful launches.
NK is finding that out. Others such as Iran have had the help of Russia and have bypassed all the failures.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join