It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About December 21st, 2012 (and it aint nuth'n).

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyLiberalHippie

Originally posted by ColAngus
I've always wanted to ask a religious hippie something:

If God made this infinitely vast universe, why all the focus on our little rock? It's akin to an artist buying a building-sized canvas, and then only adding a single, pin.-sized drop of paint in a corner.

Well, if you ask me...In a weird way, that would be an amazing masterpiece of art.

Hilarious!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Uhhh....Profane? And just who determines what is and what is not?

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You've never heard that before? How there's the inner and the outer and how those on the inside who having been initiated into the ancient wisdom traditions hold their secrets from the profane or in other words the mindless hoards ie: average Joe. Who determines it? The insiders do, and typically they are often the "leaders" of our "civilized" society.

Clearly they've dropped the ball these so-called keepers of the flame.

And now that everything's "up in the air" that's a good thing because as Terrance McKenna liked to say, if it's all out of control, then who's control is it out of?

Me I'd like to think that they've lost control, and the required insight by which to lead and that instead it's now passed to any man.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

If God made this infinitely vast universe, why all the focus on our little rock? It's akin to an artist buying a building-sized canvas, and then only adding a single, pin.-sized drop of paint in a corner.
edit on 11-12-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

If you consider God being real you must also consider his abilities. God is omnipotent and omnipresent. Only to the subjects does it seem they are the center of attention.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

So you have basically taken Self Responsibility out of the equation? If we have leaders who are taking advantage of us then the fault is ours.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Nah, God is still God whether we're drunk and stoned, or not.

I hope your right. But I am certain that what people believe is GOD or what a GOD would be...is nothing close to the reality of things.

Same can be said for Dec. 21st.

Split Infinity

True. If there is a real God then God is certainly more loving, and funnier, by far, than we can even begin to possibly imagine (or maybe just begin to..).

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Or it could be completely something different then what you may think.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

No I'm saying let's take responsibility to fully investigate and come into the highest possible realization for the human being and be and become it (the highest ideal) and in the process make such strides that the machinations of the "elite" will pale by comparison. Let "high performance" be the domain of the creative and liberated individual. That's what Jesus did, and modeled, as the way of authentic leadership.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Not all of Jesus' teachings were of a perfect enlightened concept. He did have many very good concepts but these ideas were nothing new.

Anyone who has a brain could conceive the same ideas.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Or it could be completely something different than what you may think.

Split Infinity

I'm beginning at least with the presupposition that God isn't divorced from reason and logic, and humor, which is the knowledge of experience. In my own experience many facets of God became transparent through the character of the person of Jesus. so some of these attributes I see reflected in him as a type of jewel and as the embodiment of God's creative abilities in the form of the human being whereby it may be said that we are like a chip off the old block. I'll come back and post more on this idea, of the human being standing in creation right next to the eternal God..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Not all of Jesus' teachings were of a perfect enlightened concept. He did have many very good concepts but these ideas were nothing new.

Anyone who has a brain could conceive the same ideas.

Split Infinity

True, but few in history have perfectly and flawlessly walked the walk at the same time where "wisdom must be proven right by her deeds."

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Oh i by no means want to interfere in your convo.. i'm just throwing this out there.. maybe it's not what you think split? Maybe it's the fallen in disguise and you have been misled.. I'm just throwing that out there since I don't have a clue as to why your certain exterrestial life is here.. but that's my two cents for today.. Hope your well!! Haven't seen you around in awhile!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I'm also operating on the basis that God, being fully informed in eternity via the Akashic Field or Zero Point Field, isn't unsympathetic to his creation, or his children, and for me, as a Christian this has been proven to me, even the lengths to which God will also go to ensure that none are lost, and that the lost are found and that God is capable of revealing his great strength and wisdom in apparent human weakness, and in a manner which simultaneously preserves the cause of an absolute justice while at the same time rendering a verdict of forgiveness from the top, all the way down. In other words that at Golgotha or Calvary, something extraordinary took place, whereby in the grand scheme of things it's not merely a Darwinian survival of the fittest and strongest, but a protection against any form of predation by any power or principality at any and all levels. It's not "eat or be eaten" but "here, eat of me". And in terms of power relative to the "elite" and an evil empire, it's an overturning of the pyramid in favor of the optimization of the oppressed, the lonely and the downtrodden. It's all there I've seen his grace.

Best of all there's the opportunity within the context of the absolute Liberation from the snare or the trap, even one of our own subjective self imprisonment, for our humor and our joy to be restored and made whole again, with his joy made complete in us (our work) with ours in him all within the familial context (frame of reference) of the brotherhood of man under the fatherhood of God. I suppose someone else COULD have conceived it... but highly doubtful and by the time they might have he'd already gone and done the deed already, having reserved it for himself in correctly reading and interpreting "the signs" intended for him and him alone.

Are there any signs of the times that the kingdom of heaven is near? Is it not always? But sometimes, when push comes to shove, it all comes down to a threshold point of reality vs. unreality, and what's reasonable vs. what's unreasonable and absurd.

No one will be able to repeat Jesus' Great Work, but there's still a Great Work for us to do in simply receiving what's being offered and doing our own part to complete the circle of joy, by simply having the courage to be happy and fully and freely self expressed - set free for the sake of freedom, to freely love as we are loved.

We must become love itself, as the source and character and fearless charm of who and what we already are to begin with, and then whenever we share it, there's koinonia and we're at the table eating together and freely serving one another, laughing together, celebrating.

I've never found a better or a more unexpected, or reasonable conception of God than that one, it's a home you can enter into, and a new pasture of new life and new possibility and freedom, a gate opened, not closed or made so convoluted that it becomes impossible to get anywhere and thus get closer to God.

edit on 12-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: every single reason given.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
My second question is why would the Precession of the Equinoxes start over on a solstice? The reason their called Precession of the Equinoxes is because it is determined by where the Sun rises on the equinoxes. Of course this ignores the fact that the Precession of the Equinoxes is an arbitrary system created by Man that has no beginning or end. I await the evidence you say exists but so far it sounds like you are just parroting baseless New Age claims.

I don't mean the end of precession, only that the cycle is soon to start all over again, moving from Pisces, back to Aquarius, but I do not believe that this is taking place on the 21st, but it's within the next 40 year I think, so it's in general proximity in terms of the ages and the stream of time that the ancients measured our relative position within, a stream of time which is about to start over again, and that's what this is about, about a repeating of a very ancient cycle that repeats about once every 25000 years.

We're about to begin to enter into a lasting Golden Age, not that there won't be problems, only that many things will become possible that were never possible before.

Now is the time therefore to act to clean up the mess we've made, yes, but we can do it in a bright new spirit of optimism, instead of fighting against and simply opposing "the bad".

Whole new ways of looking at old things will drive the new paradigm.

All that's required from us is open mindedness and willingness, and the will to take creative action and more action.

edit on 12-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Great thread OP. Could you talk about the 2010 solstice with the lunar eclipse? Given the importance of the sun/moon/earth/galactic center alignment, why do people feel that this upcoming solstice is 'more important' than the 2010 one, when the 2010 alignment was more profound?

edit on 12-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

edit on 11-12-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

It's called Contemporary Art.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Even the insignificant can be loved.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Great thread OP. Could you talk about the 2010 solstice with the lunar eclipse? Given the importance of the sun/moon/earth/galactic center alignment, why do people feel that this upcoming solstice is 'more important' than the 2010 one, when the 2010 alignment was more profound?

Please share more on the 2010 alignment, that would be interesting. As to 2012, many of us are presuming that the Mayans knew something about "The Great Year" and the turning point of the ages in so far as their calendar began with the end date of this solstice, and worked backwards from there.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
reply to post by ColAngus

Even the insignificant can be loved.

Our sheer existence proves that we are loved, and, that, contrary to popular belief, we are not insignificant in the least. For more see my post last page re: superintelligent design ie: the eclipse and earth moon sun factor which reveals a cosmologically unique geometrical configuration favoring life on earth and even the evolution of the human being where an aspect of the lunar calendar coincides almost perfectly with the gestation period of the human being.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
And if there's a valid spiritual or psychological "focal point" or what I would call a cosmological theodolite (lens) in any of this, which I believe there is, then it involves the breaking up and dissolution of all that is unreal, and the reintegration of what is real, or the denial of all ignorance and the acceptance and embracing of receptivity of the light of truth and of spirit informed by reason. In terms of a paradigm shift, that would involve the destruction of the materialist monist (matter alone is primary) worldview, which has us being a speck of dust floating around in an uncaring and impersonal universe, to what might be called a monistic idealism (consciousness is primary) wherein we are at the very heart of an eternal, cosmic consciousness who's "MO" is to share the love and to enjoy a shared mutual experience whereby it is infinitely better that there is something and not nothing at all.

We must choose whether we are mere insignificant things (which doesn't even jive with the "qualia" of our own personal experience), or, the crowning glory of creation as children of a loving God.

Furthermore, once we get "real" we need to embrace the flow of life in a non dualistic, unitive manner, reintegrated.

It's time to come home, and then from that sacred place build something of lasting value at all levels as a house build on the rock of ages, against which all that is ignorant simply falls to pieces.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join