It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clackamas Town center Shooting Portland, happening now.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
We need to ban AR-15's, body armor and V for Vendeta masks since they are all clearly used by terrorist like these.

We need to now create a 1000 yard gun free zone around the mall so killers like these will no longer come near our malls and open fire with a semi-automatic military rifle who's purpose is only to kill every motherf***er in the room.

More god damned ammunition for the liberals to go after our guns...

I'm glad your wife is ok OP! may the piece of scum perp rot in hell...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So glad to hear your wife is ok and my prayers to those families who have lost a loved one and those who have been deeply scarred by this incident. I pray there isn't more of this to come in the few days we have left to this doom date

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
i think they got the other guy as they just said they are trying to find out his involvement possible reason other then tactical reasons for the coms being encrypted is he could be a minor and thus releasing his name over the scanner could be illegal

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I've been carrying for sometime now and recently switched to a Ruger LCP because I can take it anywhere and it literally stands out no more than a wallet, with little to no worrying about signage. The reason I made the switch? Because these things almost always happen in "gun free" or no CCW areas....banning firearms anywhere doesn't make the world a safer place. Gun haters, hate all you want, and God forbid I ever find myself in this situation, but you are safer in a world where people exercise their rights. Even if it means unknowingly to you, I am behind you in line with my firearm in a "gun free" zone.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
More psycholoical warfare IMHO

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I worked at this mall for 3 years and spent every day in that food court during my breaks and lunches, always around 3pm. I left a month ago. I would have almost definitely been right freaking there if I still lived in Portland.

Holy crap

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hope your wife makes it back to you safely OP. That's some scary #.

I don't know what goes through the minds of people that feel the need to take innocent lives. Just because their lives suck, they're pathetic, and don't know how to deal with their own issues...they have to take it out on someone else.

Same goes for anyone that commits a random act of violence. Wastes of human life.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I am very saddened by this news. I send my tears with love to all the people affected, including the shooter. People are under tremendous stress because of much of what is lies on the internet.

There will not be any problems with the planet or the Universe for people but people have been reading silly theories and lies for many years about the year 2012. I not only hope and pray people will remain calm but I will do what I can to erase that fear and I want people to do the same by writing about those people and to those people. There are many people that will need help in the coming days and it does not take much. Write to those people.
edit on 11-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Glad to hear your wife is safe now.

Disappointed in Australian msm, no reports on news.com.au or on skynews.com.au.

Sky has a breaking news article about a Spice girls reunion though!

link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

Not sure how it works up north, but here in California those "No Guns" signs have no force of law behind them. A corporate policy is not law, so if you are licensed to carry then you carry, regardless of the signs. That said, if the management of the property knows you are armed and asks you to leave - you leave. If you don't, you're trespassing. You still haven't violated any gun laws, though.

Personally, if a company like Starbucks or FedEx doesn't want me to carry in their stores, then I just don't spend my money there.

Glad the OP's wife is safe and secure and our prayers to those affected by this tragedy.

link   
guy in car in all camo seen in a truck with a rifle possible additional suspect?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
OP is she home yet?
glad to hear shes ok

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Unless they are under reporting the number of casualties, I would not think a second gunman was involved. If there was one, the indication, thus far, is that he possibly chickened-out or ran rather quickly.

I won't go into details because it might give folks ideas. But lone gunmen attacks usually result in low casualty per shot yields. Coordinated attacks from multiple gunmen are much more effective and deadly.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

News here just reported a shot gun, camo, body armor and a mask. Someone by the name of "?" counted 60 shots fired.

Not aware that a shot gun could shoot off 60 rounds. Besides the fact, who would feel calm enough in that situation to count?

Good info you get from the news huh

edit on 11-12-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by mikeone718

op had said his wife was in pannic room and about 40 minutes ago the raido chatter said they were evacuating the pannic room so i would assume it was his wife she seems to be ok,they seem to be chasing a white explorer that may be a suspect

link   
We definitely don't need to ban v for vandetta masks, but we certainly need to make it more difficult to buy semi automatic rifles.

link   

If this guy was wearing that V mask like someone said it might be, then he was most likely inspired by Anonymous!

At least that's what you're meant to think. It could be that he was inspired by the film. Or he's a Manchurian Candidate, sent out to discredit Anonymous. Or maybe he thought his shooting spree needed some kind of razzle-dazzle to it, and he saw that mask in a shop and popped it on at the last minute.

I've met people who claimed to be in Anonymous. They're not into random destruction. They're into justice and fighting opression. Anonymous is no more to blame for this than religion is to blame for some nut who tells people that God told him to kill people.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Witness on KATU just said he saw an empty clip on the ground.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

www.youtube.com... possible if they were using a saiga with 20 round mags thats only three reloads and it can empty in 3.5 seconds

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Police confirming that 2 dead in addition to the shooter. Total of 3. Possibly more.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join