It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clackamas Town center Shooting Portland, happening now.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cprnicus

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember this? Another case of cops being in the right place at the right time

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by otie1

Ya...I remember that one, although I don't believe this to be of similar nature.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by shelookslikeone
So has it been said yet? False flag to restrict assault rifles?

I wouldn't say that, what I would say is the Scumbag gun grabbers never miss an opportunity to capitalize on horrific tragedy to push their agenda further. Its shameful opportunistic behavior, the focus should be on mental health care in this country and how we identify troubled souls before things like this happen, not on gun control.

My wife, who was directly effected by this event had this to say about gun control in relation to this event and it was.

"I need my CCW permit, if someone in that food court had theirs people might not have died"

Listen to your wife...
Get her to the courthouse/sheriff for her permit.

Quick question for you, how did the timeline play out? Did everything match up with the official story?
Looks like it was 18 minutes from the incident to you posting, pretty good reaction time.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Deceased victims identified as Cindy Ann Yuille, 54, and Steven Mathew Forsyth, 45. The injured woman was identified as Kristina Shevchenko, 15.
edit on 12-12-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
To all those posting well wishes for my wife and I thank you, I am deeply touched by the showing of support and have received massive amounts of U2U's of well wishes and prayers, thank you all.

As to people questioning police response the mall is literally next door to a sheriffs station as well as a police shooting range, I've gone there a few times and encounter police from several different agency's hanging out from swat shooting at the range to local pd.

I have no doubt as son as the call came in they would of swarmed the mall, that's another thing my wife said she was shocked by the level of response, when they went out side she said cops just kept coming from every where.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 12-12-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
We all know that this shooting never would have happened, if only every other person in that mall had their own gun with them. Avoidable tragedy always the hardest to overcome. May the victims find peace.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TownCryer
We all know that this shooting never would have happened, if only every other person in that mall had their own gun with them. Avoidable tragedy always the hardest to overcome. May the victims find peace.

Let's be realistic, that would could possibly be EVEN WORSE.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sarchasm

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by NarrowGate
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Now do you see what I mean about the AR? An AR Is extremely easy to aim, even if you have never touched one in your life.

Please just stop!
What do you mean "easy to aim"????
Are you referring to using an acog or iron sights??
Have you ever handled any weapon?
Some people cannot figure out how to chamber many weapons yet alone use them effectively, or clear a malfunction.
Call of duty is not a substitute for range time...
The longer a gun is, the "easier" it will be to aim...
But even monkeys fall out of trees.

For someone who thinks they know something you sure don't show it. What do acog sights have to do with anything? He was likely not even looking through the likely iron sights he had. Why would he? It is so close it is reflex shooting.

I have handled weapons including the newest m4's and AR-15 bushmasters.
what does a video game have to do with the discussion?
The first time I touched a m4 (which is just a military AR-15) I was on target with a decent grouping at 25 feet without even zeroing it in first. That was the first time I actually bothered to go out shooting a rifle, so I know how easy it is to shoot. I am more of a pistol man myself, seeing as I am not in a third world country where people carry rifles around.

The AR-15 is literally easy enough to aim and shoot that a 10 year old can properly operate it. - a monkey would have hit more people if you want to talk about monkeys.

I know you have no experience with weapons, or you would know exactly how easy an AR-15 is to operate. We already went over the jamming issue, his weapon did not jam. That was my FIRST thought, if you bothered to follow the thread.

An AR-15 has extremely low recoil and is extremely easy to aim. I know this from real life, not call of duty. I can't stand that game it lags and it is a terrible attempt at realism.

Who the F uses acog sights!?!? In the Army only a SDM would use them normally from what I understand. The most preferred sight is the iron sight that much is certain.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Sarchasm

Ah, I should have known. Sarcasm through text can be a little hard to detect here and there

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece

Let's be realistic, that would could possibly be EVEN WORSE.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

Not if they were taught to use them properly from a young age, and taught to be aware of what is behind their target.

You are talking about a world that will never be anyways though, so it doesn't matter I guess.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Latest news is:

1. He stole the weapon

2 the vest was not bullet "proof" as earlier reported.

But i am sure some won't care.
edit on 12-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Shooter has been identified as Jacob Tyler Roberts, 22, using a stolen weapon:

news.yahoo.com...

So any details of this lone ranger?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I just read the report and boy I feel for those poor people, the dead their familys and all the people who will have sleepless nights due to this selfish troubled young man.
I'm just real glad I live in the uk.
I just hope as we near that dreaded date more people do not copycat this.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by starviego
Shooter has been identified as Jacob Tyler Roberts, 22, using a stolen weapon:

news.yahoo.com...

So any details of this lone ranger?

I must of gotten caught up. I missed that post. He was 22!? That is not what people said either the scanners or the first reports said! From what I remember from last night anyways.

SO a 22 year old is now the one missing this much with an AR-15. This has to be a conspiracy. Combined with the insane amount of media coverage for absolutely no reason and you have surely got a political agenda on your hands.

At least we don't have ANOTHER white Floridian shooting a black man for playing music or wearing a hoodie and making national headlines for no reason... Same concept though. It is all a stupid political game.

My foreign intelligence agency theory has yet to be debunked though!!!!!

edit: sorry I got confused with the thread where people were claiming the 17 year old who got caught with 6 guns and a bunch of weed and meth the same day was his partner.
edit on 12-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

What ever happened to the original reports of 3 people being involved.... why did that report get made. There must have been a reason.
edit on 12-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
To OP - sorry that your wife got caught in this situation. I hope she makes it out okay from this.

To all the families the lost people in the shooting, my heart goes out to you.

What is wrong with people these days?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Giffords shooter is Clakamas Mall Shooter:

Giffords shooter: Pic:

img.perezhilton.com...

Mall Shooter:

a.abcnews.com... Pic:

Plus they both have that same mind controlled look.
Giffords shooting date11 11 11
Clakamas shooting 12 11 12

how amazing the mall shooter just happened to kill himself?
Anybody else see the same thing?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
"Giffords shooting date 11 11 11"

It happened on 1-8-11

-------------------------

His facebook page here:

www.facebook.com...

More info here:

www.theatlanticwire.com...

edit on 12-12-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Thank you!
I have gleaned much information about you off of just this post alone.
I still need to know however, you say, "is extremely easy to aim" about the AR platform.
How does the AR differ from ANY other rifle out there when it comes to aiming or even point shooting?
The AR platform is far from the easiest weapon to use however, there are MANY who know almost all there is to know of them, as they paid attention during training.
If I wanted a monkey infallible gun, I'd choose a beautiful AK for simplicity.
Cool story though.
I'm sure the shooter did have very limited time with the weapon in question, I'm sure the only contact he had with it was the idiot previous owner "showing off" the weapon to him.
Gun safes folks, they're not just for the rich anymore.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join