It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clackamas Town center Shooting Portland, happening now.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Me and my brother (RIP) always jokingly said we should just put criminals in an Arena so they can kill them selves off.

I think such a place would STILL not prevent nut jobs on preying on the weak....Honestly I think it might have been a government sponsored job to gain more support for a new assault weapons ban and a ban on private ownership of body armor....

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Once again, I learned about this here on ATS hours ago and the msm is just now showing it on ther websites.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
they just asked about the explorer again wanting to know if it had been apprehended no response yet on raido but it should be coming soon

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by mademyself1984

IMO gun control is not the answer. I also agree with "gun free zones" in principle. The concept of "sanctuary" is a sound one - safe ground where combatants cannot engage.

Sadly, in our society, criminals and maniacs do not follow the rules.

My proposition would be a new level of concealed carry permit. A much higher standard of background check involved. And those people, with that permit, would be allowed to carry anywhere. Planes, malls, churches, bars, etc. That way, even in the sanctuary, people would be safer than now.

~Heff

I have never agreed more with a single post on any forum.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snsoc

If this guy was wearing that V mask like someone said it might be, then he was most likely inspired by Anonymous!

At least that's what you're meant to think. It could be that he was inspired by the film. Or he's a Manchurian Candidate, sent out to discredit Anonymous. Or maybe he thought his shooting spree needed some kind of razzle-dazzle to it, and he saw that mask in a shop and popped it on at the last minute.

I've met people who claimed to be in Anonymous. They're not into random destruction. They're into justice and fighting opression. Anonymous is no more to blame for this than religion is to blame for some nut who tells people that God told him to kill people.

I bet you still blame religion for so many of the world's ills though, and I didn't blame anonymous, I said that the shooter was probably inspired by them. Although Anonymous thinks they are fighting for rights of the oppressed, their actions will result in more oppression as governments start stripping away internet freedoms to protect themselves. This nutbag shooter probably wouldn't have known the difference between fighting for the oppressed or justice, maybe this is what he thought was justice.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Star for you and a Thank you sir, and im glad ur search engine on your end works for you, that is sweet. i wish mine worked.

i]reply to post by nationalinsecurity

if the shooter/s were wearing Fawkes masks it could put a spanner in the works for said project.

so there is a possible connection, thanks man, star for you

to the op have you got to be with ur wife yet? when u get a chance you should ask if she noticed anything unuasual at all before and during work or if the mall itself had any unusual memos or "safty meetings" prior to this event. most likley this was isolated incident, but you never know.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
reply to post by muse7

You obviously didn't see the sarcasm in my post, WE DO NOT NEED MORE BANS! we need more people legally carrying in these "Gun Free Zones" that only inhibbit the law abiding citizenry! WE are the first line of defense, the cops and swat are just the clean up crew.

Wrong.That's the last thing we need.More crazies with guns? Sure that's the solution.Because we all know every legal CCW holder is an accurate shot and wouldn't put the public at even more risk in these types of situations.Sorry,but I'll take my chances with the police then some wanna be hero.It never fails,whenever something like this happens the internet warriors come out and say "If I were there,this wouldn't have happened". Bull#.You are not trained to handle tense situations such as these.You are human,you would've had the same reaction as those that were there..flee.

I consider myself neutral on gun control.I'm not opposed to them.I don't own one and never will.But I have no problem with SANE people legally owning them,either for hunting or personal protection.This is America after all.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm a man

But I think we need more women with guns to keep us safe. you never hear of a woman going crazy shooting people at movie theatres or food courts..

its always men that do this crap.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I'm extremely liberal. I'm so liberal I think everyone should be allowed to have even LEO/military exclusive firearms. There should even be "dispute resolution" zones where people can go to permanently resolve their differences, or commit suicide by playing FFA Last Man Standing games. Such places could even have entertainment feeds plugged in for voyeurs that like that kind of sicking violence. Give all the violent stupid people some place to 'play', and they can sort themselves out. It's brutal, but, prisons, for the most part, don't work.

Try looking up the definition of liberal before you write such nonsense and no, I will not continue this conversation.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Glad all is well with your wife.

CNN finally got on the ball and it's "Breaking"
Once again, ATS comes up first.

Peace

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
www.ctpost.com...

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A gunman opened fire in a suburban Portland shopping mall Tuesday, killing two people and wounding another as people were doing their Christmas shopping, authorities said. Read more: www.ctpost.com...
so it seems the gun man IS dead

Two people were killed when a gunman opened fire Tuesday at a mall outside Portland, Oregon, a sheriff's official said.

The shooter was also killed, said James Rhodes of the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 11-12-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

It looks like the police are taking no chances. The sherrifs spokesman says 100 or so officers are searching the building for the people who were hiding from the gunman. 3 confirmed dead including the gunman himself.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree with that Heff. You are probably right. I think I got the impression that he was trying to hold back a smile because the way he looked and the goofs in the background laughing or smiling. Gave me the impression they must think something around them is funny.

IIt's better to see the sherriff fighting a smile than it would be if he were crying uncontrollably...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

reply to post by muse7

You obviously didn't see the sarcasm in my post, WE DO NOT NEED MORE BANS! we need more people legally carrying in these "Gun Free Zones" that only inhibbit the law abiding citizenry! WE are the first line of defense, the cops and swat are just the clean up crew.

Wrong.That's the last thing we need.More crazies with guns? Sure that's the solution.Because we all know every legal CCW holder is an accurate shot and wouldn't put the public at even more risk in these types of situations.Sorry,but I'll take my chances with the police then some wanna be hero.It never fails,whenever something like this happens the internet warriors come out and say "If I were there,this wouldn't have happened". Bull#.You are not trained to handle tense situations such as these.You are human,you would've had the same reaction as those that were there..flee.

I consider myself neutral on gun control.I'm not opposed to them.I don't own one and never will.But I have no problem with SANE people legally owning them,either for hunting or personal protection.This is America after all.

Most reasonable people understand that there are a great deal of "internet warriors" (gun carriers) who are trained to handle tense situations. I reasonably understand that there most certainly is a large number of people who carry for the sake to carry and know next to nothing about how to handle their weapon, or a horrible situation such as this. That doesn't change the fact that a very large number of people carrying are former or current military, or LEO's. Some people are just gun enthusiasts who HAVE taken the time to go through training for these situations, as well as properly using and maintaining their weapons. More people with guns is not the answer, you are correct. But discouraging SANE people, who do know what to do in a desperate situation, who are proficient with a firearm, from legally owning and carrying a firearm isn't the right answer either.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Radio Reference Link
3 shooters, one has a hockey mask was the last transmission.

Can you confirm that as being what you actually heard?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

My proposition would be a new level of concealed carry permit. A much higher standard of background check involved. And those people, with that permit, would be allowed to carry anywhere. Planes, malls, churches, bars, etc. That way, even in the sanctuary, people would be safer than now.

~Heff

To a limited extent, this already exists for retired law enforcement officers. If they meet certain criteria they are afforded a national right to carry regardless of jurisdiction. Local authorities can still enforce additional restrictions, though.

In principal, I agree with your idea - let's extend this benefit given to retired LEO to the rest of us.

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by muse7

Because we all know every legal CCW holder is an accurate shot and wouldn't put the public at even more risk in these types of situations.Sorry,but I'll take my chances with the police then some wanna be hero.It never fails,whenever something like this happens the internet warriors come out and say "If I were there,this wouldn't have happened". Bull#.You are not trained to handle tense situations such as these.You are human,you would've had the same reaction as those that were there..flee.

One thing that was drilled into us in the state mandated CCW training was that after an event like this there will never be someone holding a scorecard that hassles you if you didn't get a high enough hero score. If you've got the shot, which includes not just knowing your target, whats behind your target and your skills, then take it. If there is any risk of collateral damage, run and hide with the rest of them. Personally I would not be able to live with myself if I injure an innocent, so screw the hero score.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

You do make a good point. Unfortunately I do not believe you are entirely correct.I believe there are more people out there who think they could handle this situation until they are thrown into it.I do agree however,that former/current military/LEO could handle it better.Personally I don't think there's enough well trained people who should be carrying guns in public.And I'm not just talking about Internet warriors either. Many people live delusional lives.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

I dont know much about guns.

Went skeet shooting at camp once when I was a kid. Just remember they only held 3.

Things have changed I guess. Showing my age here.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Me and my brother (RIP) always jokingly said we should just put criminals in an Arena so they can kill them selves off.

I think such a place would STILL not prevent nut jobs on preying on the weak....Honestly I think it might have been a government sponsored job to gain more support for a new assault weapons ban and a ban on private ownership of body armor....

Who needs armor when You can be invisible?

Kill crazy nutters will get more kill crazy and more nutter once such tech (if true) hits the black and grey market, and even worse once someone can independently replicate the claimed material (if true).

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
WTF? From Katu News Twitter:

"We're getting reports the shooter was running through the mall, shouting "I am the shooter."

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join