Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Cameron Orders UK Forces to confront Russia.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Tonight I have just read that the UK's crazy leader called Cameron has ordered our UK forces to prepare to confront Russia and all Syria's friends, a war that looks like it will kill lots of our badly prepared Air men, as Russia has installed Missiles in Syria we cannot match as yet,.
David Cameron is a crazy mad person, he's played PC battle games since he was 8 years old, he thinks war is a game, sadly we all may soon learn it's not.
starts.

worldwar3news.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Got any other links?
Scary if true.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Where is the quote you speak of I couldn't find it with your link. I very much doubt he would make such an order. This would be headline news if true .

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
No he never gave such an order.

I'm not even sure it says that in your source, mind you, I stopped reading when I realised how utterly silly it is.

Find me a better source (I have searched for one by the way), and I may laugh a little less.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Yup I agree
Oh and your avatar has gone all Chrimbo
like it dude.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have spoken to people today who are in the UK forces, they are concerned that Cameron may be thinking a real war is simply like the games on his PC & Games machines of war shoot em ups, it was in the UK papers 2 years ago his whole childhood revolved around war games.
The thing is he has cut our forces to the bone, equipment orders are canceled, what will happen if Russia & Iran (both in Syria) decide to take the bull by the horns and confront us? do we run, or do we just curl our toes up?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foo_Lovers
I very much doubt he would make such an order.

I dont, what does it matter to him? look what he's done to the country already.
I'm not saying the article mentioned is true, I just dont doubt he's capable.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
From another thread:

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
"Exclusive: UK military in talks to help Syria rebels - International coalition could offer air and sea support as well as military training" Tue 11, Dec/12

www.independent.co.uk...

The prospect of Western intervention comes as opposition groups, which have been disorganised and divided, at long last formed an umbrella political group and a command structure for their militias.
Their foreign backers are said to believe that the 22-month-long civil war has now reached a tipping point and it has become imperative to offer help to the revolutionaries to enable them to make a final push against the regime.
The head of Britain’s armed forces, General Sir David Richards, hosted a confidential meeting in London a few weeks ago attended by the military chiefs of France, Turkey, Jordan, Qatar and the UAE, and a three-star American general, in which the strategy was discussed at length. Other UK government departments and their counterparts in allied states in the mission have also been holding extensive meetings on the issue. The commanders’ conference was held at the request of the Prime Minister, according to senior Whitehall sources. David Cameron is said to be determined that more should be done by Britain to bring to an end the bloody strife which has claimed 40,000 lives so far and made millions homeless.

There is also a growing belief among the Western backers of the opposition that intervention in some form is necessary now to influence the future political shape of Syria. Jihadist groups among the rebels, some like Jabhat al-Nusra linked to al- Qa’ida, have steadily gained in power and influence because of their access to weapons and money coming from the Gulf states putting more secular groups at a severe disadvantage.

The Obama administration is considering proscribing Al-Nusra as a terrorist organisation, making it illegal for American citizens to fund it and sending a warning message to Arab states not to back it.At the same time Western help will be directed at and strengthen the mode rate groups. The unified rebel command structure set up in Turkey, at the behest of the US and UK, has excluded the Islamist militias.

Britain, France and the US have agreed that none of their countries would have “boots on the ground” to help the rebels. The training camps can be set up in Turkey. However, the use of air and maritime force would, in itself, be highly controversial and likely to lead to charges that, as in Libya, the West is carrying out regime change by force.

Any such military action will have to take place without United Nations authorisation, with Russia and China highly unlikely to back a resolution after their experience over Libya where they agreed to a “no-fly zone”.
The plan will also draw accusations that the decision to station Nato Patriot missile defence systems at the Syrian border, at the request of Turkey, was, in reality, to camouflage intervention. The US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Foreign Secretary William Hague and the alliance’s Secretary-General, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, had all insisted at a meeting in Brussels last week that the deployment was a purely defensive measure.

***Note: I had copied this bit from an article, then accidentally closed the page, and found it again on a different page, so the layout may be a bit different.

I'd say they're getting pretty serious when we hear language like that; same narrative as Libya, especially the "...now reached a tipping point and it has become imperative to offer help to the revolutionaries to enable them to make a final push against the regime...", and no doubt why they made the move to declare some of the islamists terrorists, so "they must move now before things really get out of hand...".

Any time now, I think.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I am getting reports of massive troop movements tonight, even Missiles being moved from mainland Russia to Polish borders and other area's of Russia, they wont let Syria die I feel, wow I hope Cameron know what he's doing for all our sakes.

abundanthope.net...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I seriously hope this is all just rumour and hearsay. Although our forces are generally better trained and perhaps have the edge in tech (arguable), the sheer volume of forces that Russia can bring to theatre would overwhelm us eventually, assuming we were going it alone that is.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

I agree but if this is true let me be the first to welcome our new Russian masters
edit on 11-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: dyslexia

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

I completely agree, I don't think Twat Cameron is capable of making such a decision, I've searched and searched and seen nothing reporting that he's ordered. BBC, Reuters, TR, Public i, although those sources could be silenced, the severity of such a tread by Cameron would rattle silenced cages.

I can only find one article stating that the military are disagreeing with Camerons 'Call Of Duty' mentality:

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

I despise Cameron with a passion - but even he is neither stupid nor arrogant enough to allow this to happen.

There is absolutely zero support for this in the UK and any such action could quite easily lead to Cameron's removal from office and maybe even The Conservative Party from government.
Cameron is wrapped up in events at home and will not jeapordise his radical domestic policies for such a war.

The world will not go to war over Syria - with all due respect, it simply isn't worth it.

ETA.

And with all due respect, there's no credible evidence to suggest that there's any truth in this.
edit on 11/12/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
..... what will happen if Russia & Iran (both in Syria) decide to take the bull by the horns and confront us? do we run, or do we just curl our toes up?

If your troops are involved in the state-sponsored terror campaign against Syria -- those troops deserve whatever they get. They won't be mourned or missed by anyone with eyes open to their crimes.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
I am getting reports of massive troop movements tonight, even Missiles being moved from mainland Russia to Polish borders and other area's of Russia, they wont let Syria die I feel, wow I hope Cameron know what he's doing for all our sakes.

abundanthope.net...

This is beyond silly. What world do you live in that the UK is alone? The idea Russia would go to war for a falling Syrian regime is a fantasy at best. The fact is they could do nothing to save Syria even if they wanted to. And the last thing Russia would want is a losing war against NATO. A war Russia is in no way shape or form ready for.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yeah, right !!!

Russia can't save Syria but Russia can always underwrite the weapons needed and makes things really difficult. Hoping for an easy kill like Ghadafi is no longer a likelihood. Most people has already woken up from that.

This is just a proxy war positioning that unfortunately has to be on Syrian's soil.

Assad is no longer a factor.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think it was on a radio show that I recently heard of Russia moving a division or two quietly again to make a push from North Georgia. This would explain why Putin is there meeting with their President in a so called peace meeting. He is probably talking them into playing ball by letting Russia push a butt load of troops through with help if necessary rather than Russian troops needing to fight off resistance to Turkey.

With these troops and the recent movement of the two brigades to the border of Norway and now Poland we have to think that the ole big dog is getting ready for a fight.

Maybe Malloy will visit us and fill us in on anything he knows about.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
In other news, people are reporting a constant laughter from inside the Russian Borders..

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Incorrect, no such order has been given.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Couple of points on this. Cameron wouldn't want to antagonise Russia. Why argue with the people who have their fingers on the on/off switch for gas in Europe?

Secondly, the Russian military is in a totally # state. They simply wouldn't want to get into any kind of conflict with the West as they would get spanked. That isn't conjecture, that is fact based on morale issues, lack of equipment, poor repair of equipment, illegal sales of equipment, etc, etc. Some units still haven't been re equipped since the end of the Cold war, when entire divisions of weapons and armaments were sold off illegally.

Don't get me wrong, Russia is a sleeping beast still in terms of power. However, the threat of seriously losing face in any confrontation with the West would deter Putin from any action other than mouthing off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join