It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REM Sleep.. Bridge to the other side?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
My Grandma passed last year (Dec. 21st Actually).. My mom (grandmas daughter) was the youngest of 5 kinds and Ive always had a very close relationship with all my cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.. But especially with my Grandma.. the day of her service we all met up, spoke our peace, and headed home. I decided to go out for a drink with a few of my boys n grab a bite to eat. We went to the local pub and I played 5 bucks worth of keno n hit $410 (played the 5 spot haha).. I thanked grandma and went home.

I frequently talk out loud to her, thank her for being with me in heart n spirit. Well about 2 months after her service i had this dream. The beginning of the dream was just me and one of my closest cousins Billy (who was arguably even closer to my grandma) and we were sitting on the floor very intently listening to a male figure I had never seen but we both respected. He gave off an aura of great wisdom and importance. I cant remember anything the 'man' said but next thing i know.. In walks Grandma! My cousin and I were both ecstatic! I stood up and went to give her a hug. As i walked over to her i lucidly remember saying to myself 'Grandma is gone, you wont be able to hug her.. this is a dream'. But i walked over anyways to embrace her. I wrapped my arms around her and could FEEL it was GRANDMA! she was hugging me back!!! It felt exactly like her hug! It was so real that after a couple seconds of hugging her I say to her 'hey Gram, come visit me in a dream.' Thats when she responded 'I will' and i woke up.

I find it interesting the possibilities we have in REM sleep and somewhat believe it ties us to the other side. Ive done a lot of studying about the significance of the dream world and the brain activities during REM sleep. Interesting that the same chemicals our brain releases during REM sleep get released in mass amounts when we pass. Could we be dreaming right now and reflecting on a life we've already lived? Is there more significance to the dream world then the physical? I believe so. I believe the subconscious mind holds more secrets then we could ever imagine. There are so many questions with no answers so I guess this is just food for thought. Dinner is served.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience. I do believe we experience something spiritual when we are on the cusp of REM sleep, however, who knows? I also accept that the mind can dream up all matter of things ... so it's hard to determine what is really spiritual and what is just your brain thinking and processing.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Right! its hard to tell if there is some connection or just a subconscious manifestation of thoughts, memories, and feelings. Thanks for reading by the way!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
My great grandad who passed away when I was 13 has paid me a few visits in dreams. He's given me some pretty powerful messages which, at the time, have made no sense to me....and then years have passed and it suddenly hits me what he was trying to say and it all makes perfect sense.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

I love that! Thats awesome to hear. Interesting to think what could be.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Thanks for sharing your experience. I do believe we experience something spiritual when we are on the cusp of REM sleep, however, who knows? I also accept that the mind can dream up all matter of things ... so it's hard to determine what is really spiritual and what is just your brain thinking and processing.

Sometimes the mind have to be half-asleep for the pinal gland to be able to work as intended without the minds/egos will interfering. Seem some other people alos think that REM is related to the shiny happy people

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shneal

My sister and husband call it wishful thinking. My niece and I, though, just feel that sometimes our loved ones ARE there...wherever there is. I dream about my mom a lot since she passed away but occasionally those "dreams" are more than just dreams.

When my dad passed away after being bedridden from COPD I "dreamt" that I walked into a room in a place where I had never been before. He was still in a hospital bed and I was upset because I thought after he passed on he wouldn't be in pain anymore. He woke up, looked at me and sat up in the bed and explained that he had just passed over and it wasn't as bad as he was fearing (he had a horrible fear of death...which I inherited) but it was going to take some time to get better and that he would be feeling fine in no time. It was so very real and unlike the fuzzy, disconnected feeling of a typical dream. I wasn't watching this happen I was actually there in person.

After reading a few older books on Theosophy and talking to my niece about her experiences I truly believe that there is a connection to some other dimension while we are sleeping.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cirene

No doubt! Thanks for sharing! Appreciate your input. Ive had quite a few dreams that you wake up KNOWING they were more than JUST dreams for sure.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Nice idea and very well expressed OP.

Like many others, I've lived out entirely different lifetimes in dreams. Some that lasted decades at a time.

Then upon waking, very little time has passed 'here'.

You're onto something.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by htapath

haha i feel you there. Ive had dreams where it still feels like a part of me is there. Appreciated your thoughts on it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
indeed, astral projections, and sleep paralysis are also similar

new topics

top topics

join