It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vertical Chem Trails ( What will they think of next? )

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
Planes can but roads do have certain limits as to vertical angle anything more than 30 degrees(off the top of my head figure) and vehicles for every day use would start having trouble getting up the steepness of the road.

You could have a road which goes of a cliff and heads straight down 180deg but the car wouldn't be driving anymore but falling or if was a James bond car, wings could pop out from the undercarriage and the car could become a glider

That's any direction in a flat surface, not any direction at all. In the shot of Vegas roads above it's all flat, the roads are all flat, but they go in any direction.

So looking up at contrails traversing the flat surface of the sky at 32,000 feet, they can go in any direction at 32,000 feet. Some of those directions will seem to be vertical when viewed from the ground.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
CB, let's try another example. Here are some trails. They are all horizontal, and I can prove that they are. But what do they look like to you?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Uncinus

So. Back to square one which was the problem for a few of you. Vertical contrails. That is what they are. I am well aware that a jet, or an ultra lite, even a skateboard can go in many directions. The point is they are much more vertical than horizontal. This was simply about ( left to right) horizontal or (top to bottom) vertical.
that is all. It only went this far because if you read or reread the first two pages of the thread , the boys are telling me its not what I think but what THEY think. I disagreed and I was right.. ON THIS ONE
edit on 12-12-2012 by CherubBaby because: typo

If you took those photos at the same time from a different position the left to right will be more diagonal depending on how far you would be from the original position. If you were to move far enough 45deg from the way you were facing when you took this picture your left to right trails would become top to bottom and the top to bottom would become left to right.

Please help me believe your not here to muddy the waters, because you seem adamant in your cause but I'm confused why one would choose to ignore evidence and rather speculate on what is evidence.

In no way in this whole thread have you shown or even attempted to prove these are vertical, you posted pictures with colored arrows pointing to things you have speculated on, however that's all it is, a picture with red arrows pointing to contrails or chemtrail which ever you prefer.

You have demonstrated a major misunderstanding of how we perceive things in the sky over a large area.

I know you know the atmosphere is like a large dome around our globe as this all one needs to start to understand how thing can look strange and different when viewed from a different perspective.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I admit I was wrong, have looked at your photo just for few seconds the last time
BUT YOU ARE RIGHT this trails are vertical !! going strait from bottom to the top

is there any air-force basis near where this picture has been taken?
looks to me like there was two plains pulling up like rockets
if you look closer you can see a twist they made on the end

have no other explanation

but this clouds are vertical indeed !!!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrzYma
I admit I was wrong, have looked at your photo just for few seconds the last time
BUT YOU ARE RIGHT this trails are vertical !! going strait from bottom to the top

is there any air-force basis near where this picture has been taken?
looks to me like there was two plains pulling up like rockets
if you look closer you can see a twist they made on the end

have no other explanation

The other explanation is that the trails are horizontal, but look vertical because they are coming towards the camera. Just like these roads, viewed from 30,000 feet, look vertical as they go from the bottom of the photo to the top:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This video also has a nice illustration of "vertical" contrails around 1:30

But notice they are only "vertical" when they are lined up with the camera. As they drift away, they are no longer vertical.

In fact, you can tell its just a horizontal set of contrails, moving with the wind.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

reply to post by InhaleExhale

Let me make this easy for our studio audience

This is entirely wrong.

It doesn't matter, and your lines in the image won't change this:

From ANY position here on Earth it is possible that a plane flies exactly towards (or away) from you which would make the contrail seem to appear "straight up or straight down" from where you look at it.

Your lines in the images would imply that each plane is only bound to a fixed angle/direction it flies to "match" your lines, but a plane can fly in any direction entirely ignoring your image.

Planes could be far right, in the middle, left or whatever and still could look "up/down" due to perspective.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by InhaleExhale

Let me make this easy for our studio audience

OK, this should be an easy question to answer then, why can it not be the case that the right hand trail (for instance) is being left by a plane flying horizontally flying, in relation to the grid, from where the number 25 is towards the 60?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
***ATTENTION PLEASE***

The topic of this thread is

Vertical Chem Trails ( What will they think of next? )

Please refrain from personal attacks and stay on topic Any more bad mannered or off topic remarks from members will be met with post removals followed by post bans

Thank you,

DaveSpanners
ATS Moderator

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
ATS Terms & Conditions
YOU are responsible for your own posts.
ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
Go after the ball not the player.
How Not To Be Banned From ATS...Or, A Word About Politeness.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Nixed post. Waynos has a point below.

edit on 12-12-2012 by Jason88 because: off topic

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Anything about them being vertical? Otherwise this appears to be off topic

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
This video also has a nice illustration of "vertical" contrails around 1:30

But notice they are only "vertical" when they are lined up with the camera. As they drift away, they are no longer vertical.

In fact, you can tell its just a horizontal set of contrails, moving with the wind.

sure all cool, if the trails are at the same altitude, more or less, thous in this picture are from bottom to top.
in the zoomed view picture you can see the disturbance cased by wind, horizontal wind

think of an tornado if it helps you, this trails are not tornado though, but you will get an idea what I mean

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Alright let's see what you think of this pic Cherub...

You see these are all horizontal contrails but because of the perspective some contrails look like they are vertical.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Lets try the one that matters. Not stock footage or google search how about the one , the only one that matters. This one.

Are you saying the jet to the top left isn't climbing?

edit on 12-12-2012 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Uncinus

Yes. It's flying level. It's "on" the grid.

Look, it has a start, and an end. You can see that those two points can both exist on that grid. And the plane can fly from one point to another on that grid. So that's exactly what it would look like if it were flying level between those two points. Two points that are at the same altitude.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Uncinus

Lets try the one that matters. Not stock footage or google search how about the one , the only one that matters. This one.

It is entirely possible that the upper left plane is climbing in altitude, but that does not mean that the plane is flying straight up, and there is no indication that it is doing anything other than flying on its pre-determined path to the intended destination.

Are you claiming that because it is going from a "lower" point on the sky to a "higher" point in the sky, it is moving vertically and not horizontally?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

I have a question. if you have a long pole laying on the ground and you stand it upright so it's 70 degrees upright from where it was laying a moment ago and then you put a small , tiny jet engine on it and it flies away 70 degree or 20 degrees from being a rocket ( 90 degrees ) at 70 degrees in your opinion is it horizontal or vertical? more horizontal or more vertical? etc this has nothing to do with it flying toward me or away from me

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

You seem unaware, or are choosing to ignore, the small matter that your photo is not three dimensional. Anything on it can only move up or down or side to side by various degrees. Surely to goodness you can grasp that. Have a go at thinking about my earlier question. It doesn't hurt to see the other point of view occasionally. I can see why you think the trails look vertical, do you REALLY not understand why the photo is not conclusive?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

The other point of view? Is that the one that says if you believe in chem trails you are wrong?
so am I wrong when I say you can't prove they are not vertical and I cant prove they are. Surely you would agree that is accurate. Wouldn't you?
edit on 12-12-2012 by CherubBaby because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join