It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vertical Chem Trails ( What will they think of next? )

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by CherubBaby

So in your opinion vertical trails might look like this,,

No, if there was a vertical trail, it's always going to look vertical, because every part of it is the same distance from you.

It's like telephone poles vs. a road. The road can look like it's going at all kinds of angles, but the telephone poles will always be straight up. Consider this photo of a road and some telegraph poles and wires:

The road and the wires are horizontal. The poles are vertical. The poles will always look vertical no matter which angle you look at them from. But the road and the wires here are at all kinds of angles. The wires on the left are at 45 degrees, the white line on the road on the right is going nearly straight up. But it's all just perspective. If you stood over the line, or under the wire then they would appear vertical.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------

Cherub---- Your picture is a no brain er. That trail is not dipping due to the curve of the distant horizon. Are we diluted now to searching for "Rabbits In The Hat"? btw for a trail to dip from the curvature of the earth that trail would have to be 50-100 miles wide or more. Can get back to WHY instead of WHAT IF?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

You are being disengenuous. There are no horizons because it is a zoom crop, but where do you suppose the ground line is going to be if one zooms out far enough? The trail still rises up the middle of the picture and gives the impression of rising up in front of the approaching jet, does it not?, whether the ground is visible or not along the bottom is a red herring.the ground in your image doesn't offer a reference point except to show the image is the right way up. The point I was making by posting that was not to say the images are the same, It was to show that perspective can create an optical illusion and you cannot meaningfully determine depth from a flat 2D image of the sky. The picture Uncinus posted shows a highway receding into the distance, yours does not have that benefit, it has some ground features flat across the bottom which have no bearing on what you can see in the sky. You are assuming the trails are vertical then asking why.
edit on 11-12-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Cherub---- Your picture is a no brain er. That trail is not dipping due to the curve of the distant horizon. Are we diluted now to searching for "Rabbits In The Hat"? btw for a trail to dip from the curvature of the earth that trail would have to be 50-100 miles wide or more. Can get back to WHY instead of WHAT IF?

No, because you've presented zero evidence that it's actually vertical. It's clearly been shown that horizontal contrails can look like they are vertical. And since the vast majority of contrails ARE horizontal, there's no reason to suspect these are vertical.

It's no more vertical than I-15 though Vegas is vertical.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Zoom crop? Is that what the pics of the op are? Zoom crops? If I am disingenuous then you are prefabricating nonsense in regards to a level debate here

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

It was a zoom so I could tell what sort of plane it was (An Airbus A330-300). When I uploaded it for display in the thread it was far too massive for the page, then when I resized it, it simply reduced the resolution and so I cropped it instead. Thats why I described it as a zoom crop. None of which has any bearing on what the image shows.

So what about the image is nonsense and what have I fabricated? Only you appear to have run out of on-topic points since it was shown that the image does not necessarily show vertical trails and the balance of probability is that it does not.
edit on 11-12-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

reply to post by waynos

Zoom crop? Is that what the pics of the op are? Zoom crops? If I am disingenuous then you are prefabricating nonsense in regards to a level debate here

I am not sure what that last sentence actualy means!!

However the basic point remains - perspective can make a horizontal line "look" vertical, and here seems no obvious reason to assume anythign moer than that in any of these cases....with the exceptions of rockets and frantically climbing F-15's.

so what is the debate actually about now??

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

There is nothing wrong with a zoom used on a photograph. Unless your using a picture that is zoomed and completely out of context to the issue here, I think we have established this is a draw. What I would like for the experts here who multitask "Debunk," would be to please tell me what the two protrusions are on the top left side of the trail to the right in the picture.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Probably water ice.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

as you are willfully resistant to rational thinking - may i make a suggestion ?

the next time you see a " vertical " trail - get in your car and drive towards it

please be sure to note the change in its appearence as the vehicle trip-meter passes the 5 , 10 , 15 etc km marks

then report back what happened

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It looks like wind shear to me.

The atmosphere isn't homogeneous and conditions can vary greatly even locally.

A part of the contrail expands upwards and is swept in another direction by a higher altitude wind, possibly the jet-stream depending on your location.

What do you think it is?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
A part of the contrail expands upwards and is swept in another direction by a higher altitude wind, possibly the jet-stream depending on your location.

More likely a fall-streak, or virga. The contrail is essentially a cirrus cloud, in regions where the humidity is high enough it can accumulate enough ice for the larger crystals to precipitate out, which is known as virga. This falls into SLOWER regions of air, and so gets left behind. It's like a very hight altitude snow shower. it usually evaporates as it falls into drier air.

You would really need a sequence of photos to see what is actually going on here though.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Chinese Swamp Balloons.

OP seems to have dug himself into the belief that these are vertical contrails (to each his own of course), even after being shown plenty of examples that look exactly like pictures he posted, no one is going to change his mind.

For example!

I think space is actually white, it's just so bright our eyes can't handle the intensity of all that emptiness. Space is in fact so white, that our eyes "blowout" the color and it turns black (ie-Cameras taking pictures of the sun). Stars are simply areas that are giving off a "lens flare" effect. Try and dispute me, bet you can't...FYI...I will just say you don't know what your talking about, and I think I would know better.

It's a waste of time, just like every other con/chem-trail thread.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

More likely a fall-streak, or virga. The contrail is essentially a cirrus cloud, in regions where the humidity is high enough it can accumulate enough ice for the larger crystals to precipitate out, which is known as virga. This falls into SLOWER regions of air, and so gets left behind. It's like a very hight altitude snow shower. it usually evaporates as it falls into drier air.

You would really need a sequence of photos to see what is actually going on here though.

Got you Unicus, thank you for the correction and clarification.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Oh the nutters are out thick tonight!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I can only say this thread is not about the color of "Space" I don't disbelieve you. Still, one has nothing to do with the other. They do have a "rant" forum.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Rational thinking? I am resistant to that in your opinion. Lets be real rational. you got your ears on right? OK
In the picture below, what does your rationality tell you. I will help you out here.
the trail on the left is clearly bleeding and dissipating from wind sheer coming from it's right side.
So is the trail on the right. ( also being sheered from the right , thus the 2 lines from the top left side.

NOTICE THE TOPS OF BOTH TRAILS ARE ROUND AND SMOOTH.

BUT THE BOTTOMS OF THE TRAILS ARE INTACT .To a reasonable person that says the sheer is at higher altitude, not lower which is true
see below

in the above pic the ( B) and O show the sheer effect from the right.
The curious thing are the contrails to the left lower side I pointed arrows at with ( S )'s NOTICE THE ANGLE IT HAS THROUGHOUT THE DISTANCE AS IT APPROACHES THE MOUNTAINS "CURVATURE"

If those two trails were horizontal like the others THAT ARE ALL UNIFORM they would be getting sheer from one end to other and certainly not just at the tops where they are also rounded from the wind. IS this REASONABLE ENOUGH FOR YOU?

BTW to use your friends graph notice the lines and similar to the pic of the op the lines are ALL EXCEPT? see below

edit on 12-12-2012 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2012 by CherubBaby because: added graph

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

BTW just FYI 17 miles the earth curvature effects what you are seeing in relation to straight above the ground //
Your image below is nonsense. depicting 40- 50-60 miles try 22 max...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You can see the twist in the trail from the aircraft vortices, typically caused by the airflow over the long slender wings of large transport aircraft fitted with winglets. So, are you suggesting that trail was made by an airliner going straight up?

Why do you regard it as so obvious and clear cut that the trail was not caused by an aircraft travelling towards or from the horizon?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I can't answer the question of "Why" these strange persistant "chemtrails" are showing up with such frequency in past years. I know what I and many others are seeing aren't the normal contrails we are used to seeing. I have gone into detail about my observations in other threads, and the same group of members seem to show up and try and convince me and others that what we are seeing with our own eyes are infact contrails.

There have been some really great threads here on ATS that have reaserched and speculated on what these things are and what thier purpose may be. There seems to be some strong evidence to suggest some sort of Geo-Engineering is taking place without the publics knowledge or consent. Have you ever seen the documentory "What in the World are they Spraying" ?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
OP, why are you afraid of contrails? I mean, what do you think they are going to do to you?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join