It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can't handle seeing an alien

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What i felt was a very visceral reaction. I am afraid of setting up the proper test equipment to detect these beings that is how afraid it makes me feel. especially if i sense the insects presence. It has been very strange that mosquitoes have been seen in my apartment so late in the year. I get paranoid that this insect girl is using them as a drone to spy on me when I have successfully shoed her away. I wonder what its intentions are and why it won;t leave me alone.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wishful1gnorance
To the OP, it seems that your initial reasoning's logic is that, because people are dumb, they fear.

The only fact we have, is that what we are meant to know, still remains unknown. We don't have any facts, we don't know what we'll do till we get there. Actions speak louder than words, and it would take the occurrence of the event before we could weigh in on what people would do... Hell, aliens could look like a furby. I certainly would not be scared of a life-like furby.

I have quoted that it is more than a fear of the unknown it is a fear that is deep and visceral. you need to experience it to understand. I believe this is the reason why aliens do not walk among us.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I know for myself, I always thought I would be curious and be able to handle something of that nature.

The other night though....I went out onto the screened in patio about 2 am. It was very foggy and the air was very still. It took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust but when they did, my peripheral vision caught something above me. I looked up and there was a 4 ft great blue heron sitting on top the screen about 8 ft above my head..

In that split second before my brain put it together as something I knew and recognized, my heart about jumped out of my chest. My hear rate took about 5 min to return to normal and I could stop panting.

It's pretty easy to say how you think you would react, but in reality, you never know until you are in that position.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have to comment on the "dumb" term the OP used. What is it with people and intelligence? It's not that people are "dumb," they simply do not understand.

I am almost certain that once one understands something, the fear is gone. Take the fear of spider for example. Those who do not understand the behavior of spiders will have an instinctive fight or flee response. Those who understand them respond with kindness and bring them to safety or else.

As for extraterrestrials ... I do agree most are not ready. Most are not ready to be unplugged, if you know what I mean. Usually most of us are so set in our ways, we simply will not change the way we think and percieve the world or react to it.

If I saw an extraterrestrial, the first thing that comes to mind would be: "What is that?"

Then many other questions would ensue. If I had encountered an extraterrestrial more than once, I would begin to get used to it, hence understanding. Just like seeing a spider, you have to see it to really think that you are not alone. There is another being in the same vicinity as you, whether proximial or distant. The more we understand, the less we fear. Man fears the unknown, and studies such aspects of the unknown to better understand it. So they can adapt and blend in well with the unknown.

The universe is so vast, I am almost 100% certain that no man would want to travel very far from Earth, let alone out of the Solar System. Who would, without knowing what exactly is out there? We have not encountered an extraterrestrial yet.

One of the many reasons why I think extraterrestrials have not made themselves known to us on Earth is simply this: Earth is our home. If some stranger entered your home and claimed to be some friendly being, you still would have so much uncertaintity about that person. Such distrust can lead to many possible outcomes. We do not know much about extraterrestrials, why should we welcome a stranger entering our house if we do not know who they are either?

Until we start manned spaceflight daily, transversing from Earth to Mars, or some other planetary bodies or systems, we are not ready to encounter such beings from a distant planet or system. Because by the time we can pilot a nice spacecraft and explore space, our minds are open to the possibilities in space. All we can do right now, though, is look through a telescope or speculate from the unmanned spacecrafts about what is out there.

Another thing is, as long as hate exists in the human paradigm there will hardly be any peaceful outcomes encountering an extraterrestrial. In my opinion also, that hate transpires from misunderstanding and miscommunication.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I couldn’t disagree more with the OP. I’ve seen dimensional gateways (at least I think they were), woke with numerous people already in the room, have seen at least three different types of ETs, had a saucier hoovering on my patio, and I did not freak-out because of these experiences.

People can handle a lot more than you give them credit….

Rich

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

OP ... they (grays) have tech that allows them to electromagnetically manipulate the brains of humans .

This tech when applied feels like a paralyzing fear ... it is not . It is a defensive non lethal weapon .

Expect governments to roll out similar tech in the event of mass insurrection .

It has been reported that a sufficiently disruptive input such as blaring music or other source of overwhelming input can nullify the effects to some extent .

Ignore the peanut gallery if they knew anything they would know what you are talking about .

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
People are dumb. They think aliens are like another race of humans we have not discovered. The real fact is why have they not made themselves known? The reason is the same as why you are afraid of spiders. Their mere presence will invoke a massive fear reaction in human beings. The kind of fear that cuts deep into you.

Maybe the young would fear aliens, but when you've been around the block a few times it's kind of hard to be surpi

AHHHH! KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT! I want my mommy!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by pellian

Problem with your OP: I'm not scared of spiders. Spiders are really quite very fascinating.

I jump out of airplanes. I go on month long treks into the wild 100+ miles from everyone ALONE where bugs are a food option.
I go sailing ALONE.
I live alone. Travel alone. I'm extremely self reliant and capable.

I don't ever really feel fear. Anything scary is attractive as an interest for curiosity.

Scary Alien? ooooo, where? I haves some questions. I have to submit to probing? Oh, alright. Get on with it.

If anything ever makes me all wobble legs and peeing myself with hair standing on ends, I'm going to be VERY curious and fascinated about what could possibly cause such an effect or experience.

edit on 11-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

DRU i think i..............

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If these aliens I saw ever invaded we are going to need a really big can of raid.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
How dare someone who doesn't even know me, tell me how I'm going to react upon seeing an alien, especially when I don't even know myself what my reaction will be! Much would depend on the situation that brought about my seeing an alien for the first time. It might look just like one of my dogs, although trying to give its ears a scratch might just be the last thing I do in this life, or it could appear so revolting and frightful, I'll fill my laundry before I'm halfway down the block! As for calling people "dumb" is easy when hiding behind the security of a keyboard!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
People are dumb. They think aliens are like another race of humans we have not discovered. The real fact is why have they not made themselves known? The reason is the same as why you are afraid of spiders. Their mere presence will invoke a massive fear reaction in human beings. The kind of fear that cuts deep into you.

You are right. People are dumb and arrogant. Of course the main reason the aliens didn’t make themselves known is obvious. It is exactly the same reason we don’t make ourselves known to spiders and we don’t interfere with their politics and social structure like females eating their men after having sex and building webs without permits. How primitive.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sounds like someones been reading Childhoods End by Arthur C. Clarke.

Funny how people make bold claims about something they cant prove

As for how id react, id probably go 'oh *bleep*", take a defensive stance then wait for its move, if it acted benign id shrug my shoulders and say "hello" (although id always be on my guard around one).

If it looked like a cross between a starfish, spider and crab... I might have a lingering problem with em

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

DRU i think i..............

wut?

Come on. I can handle it.
I'm sitting down.
I can put on a helmet if need be. I have several for skydive, caving, bicycling, motorcycle, and, I think that's it. Once I get around to scuba, I'll prolly have one for scuba caving.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The dumb remark was dumb.

But I digress.

Maybe we are seeing them all the time, if they are truly here, and we just dont know it or forget.

Ever see the aliens on Dr Who?

They control our population, every event but impose amnesia on anyone that sees them....very frightening concept.
It accounts for paralyzing fear people have with no reason behind it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

... I go on month long treks ...ALONE... I go sailing ALONE. I live alone. Travel alone.

With my utmost respect, come to think of it, IMHO: this does not surprise me in the slightest...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I've heard that some people who have been abducted said that the aliens (typical grey ones) have the ability to make you see all your deepest fears and memories at once if you look the being into the eyes.

They would not do this but only when they need to.

However, take my avatar for example, If such an alien-like would exist and I would meet one, I would first also be shocked, but honestly I would like to meet such being, what a thrilling experience it would be.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Yes. I see what you did.

Have fun with that.

Solitude is an assertion on my part, not a plight, or a sentence.
Solitude is my choice, by choice, often requiring some effort to achieve.

edit on 11-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

So I am sitting there in the loft watching TV with the headphones on.
There is a short wall next to me and on the other side of it is the stairs that run done to the front door.
It is about 1 AM but it is not that dark because the screen is 65” and it gives off a LOT of light.
There must have been a lull in the sound because I hear the front door open.
I figure it is the stepson coming home.
I know he will be coming up the stairs.
The next thing I know I about jumped out of my skin!
For there on the other side of the wall was a gray alien looking at me, its face aglow in the TV light.
Scared the DUCK out of me!!

Turns out he thought he was being funny by wearing a Halloween mask.
Chit!
Imagine my fright if I did not hear the door open!
Might have had a heart attack on the spot.
NOT funny!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So this guy must be a genius, calling everyone else dumb and apparently he know's what we can and can't handle as well.

edit on 11-12-2012 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

If aliens/interdimensional beings look as you describe then I would not be afraid. They would probably need to fear me though- because I squish me some bugs!

Why do you assume people are "dumb" or "can't handle" seeing an alien? A lot of us are parents and grandparents- we fear nothing!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join