It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can't handle seeing an alien

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
People are dumb. They think aliens are like another race of humans we have not discovered. The real fact is why have they not made themselves known? The reason is the same as why you are afraid of spiders. Their mere presence will invoke a massive fear reaction in human beings. The kind of fear that cuts deep into you.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i actually tend to agree with this. seeing an extraterrestrial or extra-dimensional being in person would be literally reality-altering. people want disclosure but i think it would destroy a lot of things before it fixed anything.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Why is it people are always "dumb" in these types of threads because they don't think the way the OP thinks they should think?

Wouldn't it make far more sense to say: "I know not everyone thinks the way I do, but here's my opinion..."

That's so much nicer, and more conducive to discussion, don't you think? Then I can answer and say: That's a possibility. Not the only possibility, but it is one way of looking at it.
edit on 12/11/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

How do you know? seen one?
2th
Oh and not all people are dumb, only the ones who assume things about all people

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If this is the reason aliens have not revealed them selves to us than it would make sense the average person could not handle something happing that we have all been led to belive does not exist but we have seen living breathing aliens although not what we would expect them to be, in 2010 an metorite crashed into a lake i cant remember where but on it they found bacteria that were living off of pure arsnic and using it the way we would use oxygen. but aside from that i think i would like to see aliens and ask them what will happen and if they would save us, but most likely i think they would be like the aliens in Skyline if you have seen that movie, not even a thermobaric nuke that hit thier ship and destroyed half of L.A could stop them thier technology just let them rebuild it so hey mabey if in 2016 jesse ventura becomes president of the states we may see some of that tech if thats what they have at area 51

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I know this because i have encountered an inter-dimensional being/alien and yes There is a huge fear complex which is hard on your psyche. not a bump in the night fear but a really sharp fear

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yes I agree. The thing I would love to know is, if they were around in our ancient history! and I think they were! There have always been hints! cave drawings! unexplained sightings! crop circles! rumours!. Why have we been made to forget?.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
I know this because i have encountered an inter-dimensional being/alien and yes There is a huge fear complex which is hard on your psyche. not a bump in the night fear but a really sharp fear

You know what, I'll bite. Describe it to us. (Note I'm not being sarcastic or goading you into a debate/fight). I really would like to know the (a) the circumstances in which you encountered this being and (b) your most detailed description of said being.

-Ghoster

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You know, I listened to an audio book along those lines as one of the last ones before I got off the truck. I'm trying to recall who the author was...but it was one of the classic names. I'm kinda recovering from finals right now so forgive my mushy mind for that detail. However, the premise of the book was that Aliens were indeed benevolent in a personal way but ushering man along a path of natural events beyond their control that was terminal for almost all in the end.

The kicker of the book though was that their physical appearance was that of the traditional, red skinned, horned and tailed Satan. As I recall, the story line suggested the mythical imagery was based in some previous contact and understanding back then of the ultimate bad ending ...making the connection for how people would react extremely poorly to seeing them. The book covered a multi-generational approach to desensitizing people to the visceral reaction.

^^ All fictional on that book of course, but it raised an interesting question. What if aliens DO look like one of the scarier or worst of man's almost ingrained mythological ideas of monsters? It doesn't mean they aren't still entirely friendly and intelligent...but how violently might man react on appearance alone?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Also maybe the real fact they have not made themselves known is
a) Not visiting us
b) They look the same as us.

But we can not say Aliens and real fact in the same sentence unless it is "The fact is we have never met an Alien" because to make something a fact means proof.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

You can't handle seeing an alien

Yes I can .

The reason is the same as why you are afraid of spiders.

Spiders are very very different
, how did you know ?

Their mere presence will invoke a massive fear reaction in human beings.

Maybe in some but not in all , then after a short period I suspect the fear will turn to curiosity .

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Problem with your OP: I'm not scared of spiders. Spiders are really quite very fascinating.

I jump out of airplanes. I go on month long treks into the wild 100+ miles from everyone ALONE where bugs are a food option.
I go sailing ALONE.
I live alone. Travel alone. I'm extremely self reliant and capable.

I don't ever really feel fear. Anything scary is attractive as an interest for curiosity.

Scary Alien? ooooo, where? I haves some questions. I have to submit to probing? Oh, alright. Get on with it.

If anything ever makes me all wobble legs and peeing myself with hair standing on ends, I'm going to be VERY curious and fascinated about what could possibly cause such an effect or experience.

edit on 11-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think there would indeed by an initial instinctual gut reaction by the majority of the public, which would probably lead to organized or sporadic attempts at violence toward said alien creatures. However, I think it would be unwise and assumptive to believe that every single human will react this way. I mean really, we have examples of that on our very own planet. Some people will run out of a room at the very sight of a cockroach, but others have known to have snakes as pets. So yes, people can be dumb, but they also can be curious, accepting, and even loving of things that do not resemble themselves physically. To try to simply this complex topic in such a way would be a mistake

- Ghoster
edit on 11-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

OP you stopped short of the reason why we fear them. Because they are absolute, malevolent evil.
And I disagree. People are not dumb.
edit on 11-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This being was what i call a "Cricket girl" I did a meditation on a Flower of life and this clear glasslike skinny being was standing next to my bedroom door, It appeared after I woke up and it seemed to coalesce from a spinning energy. I could see right through it and it was about 5'5" tall with two arms two legs and a largish head. and the body was about as thick as a soup can. I ran past it and it seemed to move toward me. I later had a dream about it. I saw that it was yellow with plates all over its body like an insect and had blond hair and female. It has never left me alone. It looked like if you took a locust or cricket and overdeveloped it into a humanoid. Sometimes I can see its presence with my eyes and it makes me very afraid. other times I have had "waking visions seeing it around me kissing on me trying to eat my soul" You might think its funny that i have a girl obsessed with me but I think that this being is definitely negative. Not as in evil but severely lacking in warm attributes that mammals have.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I've seen them, right up close. Two of my children as well. Not sure what you mean. In one situation during a checkup, height was involved. 8 foot That was alarming, something you can't really explain unless you have experienced it, but you become tiny, and vulnerable, and the other could be predator and you prey, that is the actual inner reaction, but even then you can override it with consciousness.

What we all saw up close while awake were greys, the one I saw was a rose colored one, a pinky. They saw grey greys like I did as a child. There are more than greys.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Can you prove it , that you saw an Alien ?

edit on 11-12-2012 by bdb818888 because: add to sentence

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

i would thank you and give your thread star and flag - IF you could supply evidence for your assertion - not because of what you claim - but because evidence for your claim would falsify a significant minority of other peoples claims of alien entities

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I would be excited more than anything else...and would try very hard to get a good picture and post it here on ATS!

I am not affraid of spiders, nor aliens....maybe scared of my wife when she's pissed though

I also agree with most posts here, the reaction to any unprecedented event be it good or bad does'nt make someone dumb! it simply makes us human!

I would just love to be able to witness this in my lifetime

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
To the OP, it seems that your initial reasoning's logic is that, because people are dumb, they fear.

personally, it would seem quite intelligent to have a certain cautious regard to the unknown. If I see an alien, my initial reaction is not going to be to turn and run, unless it looks like the Rancor from Star Wars and comes charging at me. In that sense, it's the same as fearing an alligator when you are trapped in a swamp, that hardly seems dumb.

I think there is a certain portion of the masses that might respond the way are you describing, but I'd venture to guess that is the same body of the population that has trouble questioning their surroundings and follow the path of life with blind faith. However, to make the blanket statement that all people are dumb and that we couldn't handle being in the presence of an extra-terrestrial life form, is false.

Like earlier posters stated, they would like to analyze it and learn more.
Or others stated that it may be wise to maintain a certain fear of them because of their nefarious purposes.

The only fact we have, is that what we are meant to know, still remains unknown. We don't have any facts, we don't know what we'll do till we get there. Actions speak louder than words, and it would take the occurrence of the event before we could weigh in on what people would do... Hell, aliens could look like a furby. I certainly would not be scared of a life-like furby.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join