It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin D cuts cavities in half

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...

Just so you know, I'm the last guy to promote health stuff, but I have to
stand up and vote for the vitamin D. I have heard nothing but big thumbs
up from all of my friends who started taking it, so I thought I should at least post this thread.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Just goes to show what the agenda really is. I mean why go with fluoride for cavities when vitamin d is such a better alternative.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Just goes to show what the agenda really is. I mean why go with fluoride for cavities when vitamin d is such a better alternative.

I don't care how much Vit. D you get whether from sun or food, but you gotta brush your teeth in the morning and at the end of the day!

But I am sure Vit. D helps maintain many body functions.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I was referring to the fluoride in your water. How does it benefit your teeth in the bladder/liver?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Has anyone actually read the report?
I can't see anywhere in it that states that vit D cuts cavities by half.
It says that it's associated but there are so many factors involved its impossible to make a definitive conclusion based upon these results.

Even the main investigator isn't sure...

"Whether this is more than just a coincidence is open to debate," Hujoel said.

I'm sure there is a link with good dental health and vit D but it's typical Natural News hyperbole.

Here's the link for a less biased view....
www.eurekalert.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

some people dont get cavities

Theres a special thing called black line stain.... Get it and never go to the dentist again.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The review, just published in the journal Nutrition Reviews, covers 24 controlled clinical trials involving about 3,000 kids and spans the years from the 1920s to the 1980s. The trials studied increased vitamin D levels in children by using supplemental UV radiation or by supplementing the children's diets with cod-liver oil or vitamin D supplements. "My main goal was to summarize the clinical trial database so that we could take a fresh look at this vitamin D question," Dr. Philippe Hujoel of the University of Washington, who conducted the review, said in a media statement. This is not the first time vitamin D was thought to stop cavities. Back in 1950, the American Medical Association and the U.S. National Research Council concluded vitamin D was beneficial in reducing dental caries. However, the American Dental Association (the powerful professional and lobbying group of dentists) fought this conclusion and the information about vitamin D reducing cavities basically disappeared -- while dentists aggressively promoted expensive fluoride treatments and continued to drill teeth and fill more and more cavities .

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Could you give me more information on this black line stain? I have what appears to be black lines that traces the edges of my gums. Had maybe two cavities my entire life.

Note that it's nothing major and can't even be seen unless you are looking at my mouth closer than just a casual conversation.
edit on 11-12-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Its a type of bacteria that when combined with a unique, potentialy geneticly based, chemical in saliva produces insoluable combination of iron, calcium, and sulfide deposits along the gum line.

For almost a century it has been known to almost completely prevent cavitives from forming.

www.helium.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Could explain why I've never had cavities really. Interesting that the article mentioned a link to melanin and I'm covered in freckles...A link?

top topics

join