It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MI House Passes Right-to-Work Measure While Teachers Skip School to Protest

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Yeah, no illegals at all in this states.

You weren't looking.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I work along side with a 2 females, and my supervisor is a female as well.

I have interacted with countless businesses and have worked with many females.

So, your personal experience seems to be limited.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Who are the minute men? Border security, tsa..which one?

Go look them up.

Everything went under DHS after 9-11. They are failing as we speak. I remember obama making fun of arizona while praising the mexican president years ago. Maybe you remember.

And your point is what?

Since 9-11-2001 was a false flag event that made patsies of alqueda I am sure the patriot act was a huge overstep in privacy, freedom, big government.

Ok, I didn't realize that 911 truth was the topic.

I don't quite think unions should be mandatory for everyone. Small business(up to 500 as defined by government) should have more lenient laws because they do not get the favors big business gets. Actually small business should be classified up to 200 at most. I am for stopping the big business trainwreck primarily.

Oh, so freedom for some, but not all.
I get it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

I work along side with a 2 females, and my supervisor is a female as well.

I have interacted with countless businesses and have worked with many females.

So, your personal experience seems to be limited.

And they have degrees I'd bet my life on it
Especially the managers.
Unless they've been in the field for 20 + years before the train wreck of education needed blah de blah crap started so the government could extort more money for further education. I also am in Florida so it's limited to Florida, as I never tried any other state except delaware who was willing to hire me only because I knew someone there that of course was a male. He was getting me into the place but the rest of the family didn't want to move, but Florida is BS...all the way around...I have about 6 years to go before I can get out of here, my youngest child refuses to relocate as does her dad, when she's 18, I will be out, I can leave her dad but I refuse to leave her, but yeah it's localized to Florida I am sure this state is so nasty in several ways. One is female discrimination, white discrimination is big here too, and don't get me started on religion one employer had a question what's my religion...I said I graciously excercise my freedom not to answer this question I knew they'd never call because the anti anything but christian crowd here is huge, I hate the backwards south.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Actually what is your point other than deflecting guilt?

You brought up 911 and accuse me of going off-topic?

Common sense is not your forte. Or maybe you support big business, the military, middle-eastern imperialism and like BSing people all day and all night.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
As someone who barely makes $20,000 a year doing physical labor, I feel nothing for the teachers who make 40-50K, have months of time off and sit on there butts all day as our childrens education level continuously falls below the levels of other, poorer countries. Give me 40k a year and i'll teach your kids far better, but no, I dont have the money for a college degree so I obviously couldnt do it >_>

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Also I wanted to point out, there is no federal law providing you with a lunch break (can be killer to someone like me who is already too thin and borderline anemic) Not to mention diabetics, there is no labor law requiring lunch breaks, I know I called to find out about laws concerning this because I wanted to alert them to the fact 7-11 in florida refused me any lunch breaks, that's when I found out that there never was any Federal law requiring such...only I never knew this was left up to the state to require them...which NJ and PA did, the only other states I lived in besides FL. Fl does not require lunch breaks so forget getting hired if you're diabetic and must eat meals during the day, or someone anemic like me that could faint if I am working too hard and don't eat...god forbid I get a cut and start bleeding too. Without eating it'll look like carrie.
edit on 12-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: clarify

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I am not saying Unions are the answer to this, but I DAMN sure know that right to work DAMN sure isn't a good answer to this issue. Protecting the workers will not be done by the government OSHA takes payoffs to look the other way, The Federal labor laws only cover discrimination and sexual harrassment far as I can tell (The reason why OSHA and EPA exists in the first place is because federal labor laws are very limited)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Unions are a big part of the answer. Don't fool yourself and others! Of course it takes a comprehensive approach to target big business imperialism and the private central banks to bring an end to this capitalist monopoly criminality.

We let them do it to us through ignorance and propaganda. If not for unions(even as diminished as they are) and for state wefare, which macman is also against(look at his signature), capitalism would have destroyed itself by now much like communism. Perhaps that is what some folks want. To destroy capitalism and bring about a new form of "communism".
edit on 12/12/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Nope, no degrees.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Actually what is your point other than deflecting guilt?

I asked, that since you like unions because they somehow stifle illegals, if you support laws against illegals.
Very much relative to this.

You brought up 911 and accuse me of going off-topic?

When did I do that?

Common sense is not your forte.

Your right. Drooling on my keyboard and just mashing letters until words form is my thing.
Me to dumb. AAARRGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!

Or maybe you support big business, the military, middle-eastern imperialism and like BSing people all day and all night.

I support the freedom to chose Big, medium or small business.
I support the military.
I want the US to leave the ME and let it burn.
BS'ing???? Nope. I shot straight and tell it like it is.

But, I sure do hope that the Unions will come save me from my terrible job, mean boss and horrific employer.
I mean, I am just TOO STUPID to do any of that myself. I need a collective to do that for me. **wipes drool from mouth again**.
Imagine if I can, if only a Union would negotiate for me, all in life would be unicorns vomiting rainbows and pooping ice cream.

Oh but wait, let's not get so off topic from the issue being......................Ta-da, MI instituting a law that makes it so the INDIVIDUAL is not FORCED to join the Union. That is so terrible. That a person in MI can now chose.

That must be such a blow to the Union types, that for so long, loved that there were no other option, but to join the Union.
Sounds like the Gang mentality. The bullies and members have to force others to join, so they feel good about what they are doing.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Sounds like it's time to move on, that job doesn't fit your situation at all.

As an IC, I never have that kind of problem. I take breaks whenever I please, we get paid per unit, not per hour, so if anything, I have to worry about the foreman coming over and shooting the breeze trying to slow me down.

Often times they buy everyone coffee or other refreshments a few times a day to slow down the pace of the work.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

After further reading this seems like a plus. Hopefully it is.
edit on 12-12-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

What was the just released rate of reading comprehension of 7th graders in MI?
You know, the same little kids that are taught by those self satisfying teachers?

Yeah, they are really doing a bang up job there.

I say let them strike. It seems that it can't really hurt the kids, as they weren't exactly being taught to start with.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Changed my post I read more, but I don't agree that teachers are treated fairly especially when the problems are at home, I think we should have a childs tax for poorly cared for children and a lose of welfare benefits to the adults. 6 hours in school, 18 hours at home, yeah logic tells me the bigger problems are at home.

edit on 12-12-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I don't agree.
It is the right to be a crappy parent.
The teacher is a person, who has the right to go elsewhere to teach or do a different job.
And kids with a crappy home life is part of the job.
No one is forcing the person to be a teacher.
If they didn't know or realize they would encounter this, then they are either naive or ignorant.

Kind of like me getting mad at dealing with older Network Equipment. It is part of the job.

But I do agree that there is a failure at home.

edit on 12-12-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Sounds like it's time to move on, that job doesn't fit your situation at all.

As an IC, I never have that kind of problem. I take breaks whenever I please, we get paid per unit, not per hour, so if anything, I have to worry about the foreman coming over and shooting the breeze trying to slow me down.

Often times they buy everyone coffee or other refreshments a few times a day to slow down the pace of the work.

That was a previous job...left it long ago...but most jobs in florida do not give ya a lunch and won't hire you if you're disabled (my friend has epilepsy and was told flat out no due to being epileptic.) Like I said where I am at now I pretty much take any break I want I do the rooms that need to be done then I have all the free time I want.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I believe we're on a slippery slope to poverty for 99% and prosperity for those who already bathe in money. If I'm wrong, oh well, but I see this as one more step in the direction of F******* over the rest of society to benefit very few. We now have lost waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy to many protections...and losing more every day.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Right here.....

Originally posted by macman

I guess you approve of the Patriot Act as well.
That is a trading of freedom for security.

It is an indirect reference to the events of 9-11-2001, and that is why I commented about it.

What kind of freedom for security are we trading with unions and how the hell was it even on topic

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
From my personal experience the unions hold the lazy people up and the good people down. The union rep at Meijer said outright that they fight for meijer and not the employees during a dispute involving my special needs aunt who had put in 20 years in the bottle room.

It's about time to end the forced extortion of money from the workers.
edit on 12-12-2012 by begoodbees because:

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join