It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MI House Passes Right-to-Work Measure While Teachers Skip School to Protest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Oh, so you just want to take away the other unlisted freedoms.
I get it.
The Company as a whole shouldn't be allowed to hire who they want, run the business how they want or operate in a way that suites them.
It should be up to the Unions.

Corporations have the final say in most cases anyway. Unions merely provide collective bargaining because strength rellies in numbers. A single wolf against a lion is helpless meat, whereas a pack of wolves can take on a few big lions.

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Oh, so now Illegals are to blame????

And Unions will stop this how and why?

How, as I still see companies that have Unions, contracting with others that employee Illegals.
Or, they just make those illegals Union members. Nice way to help curb the influx, huh?

Why, as in I did not realize that Unions were supposed to be involved with stopping the flow of Illegals into the Country. I thought that the Govt was supposed to do that.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Corporations have the final say in most cases anyway.

Tell that to ATT and Qwest, as they are still beholden to the Union.

Unions merely provide collective bargaining because strength rellies in numbers. A single wolf against a lion is helpless meat, whereas a pack of wolves can take on a few big lions.

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!

Oh, collective bargaining. Like, getting pay raises for all the workers, including the schlubs, lazy, stupid and even the best and hardest working.
Yeah, sorry but I don't do the 'collective' thing.
I can do better without the morons and lazy holding me down, and having a Union reaching into my paycheck to fund that bargaining.

It seems that millions of others are doing just fine without Unions there to "help" them.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Oh, so now Illegals are to blame????

And Unions will stop this how and why?

How, as I still see companies that have Unions, contracting with others that employee Illegals.
Or, they just make those illegals Union members. Nice way to help curb the influx, huh?

Why, as in I did not realize that Unions were supposed to be involved with stopping the flow of Illegals into the Country. I thought that the Govt was supposed to do that.

Correct. The governmnet is incapable of stopping illegals crossing into america. Forced union membership eliminates the hoardes of starving illegals from getting those $3 an hour jobs and provides some hope for dead end jobs for americans. Where is your ss number? You have none? NO JOB!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Whatever, What kind of job do you hold, oh you probably own your own business. You don't count if you own a business....that means you set your own standards...blah blah blah....I worked in a union state my whole life when I came to Florida, I thought to myself "Damn people need a goddamn passport to come here to this third world POS" I hate this Effing state.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Hasnt winter vacation started by now?

Not that big of a deal if so.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
I never worked for a Union and if i did not like the way i was treated i moved on. No big deal. Sometimes when the company changed management they would call me up and make me a good offer to come back to work for them. I worked for one company three different times. A well run company interested in making profits will take good care of their employees. Companies that don't understand that a happy employee makes for a profitable business will eventually fail. Kinda like , Happy Wife= Happy Life.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh wait...You were serious?

Please look at Wal Mart perfect reference for idiotic beliefs such as this.
The company DGAS about how the employee feels cause my A&& left wal mart and was replaced by Consuelo the very next day. Please there so many morons just dying to fill a spot at these places and will deal with the crap along with the crappy A$$ hours and pay, because they're afraid of losing their A$$ in debt they can't pay...please 1 billion in America and 11.9 % jobless there's always someone moronic that will put up with S*** PAY AND TREATMENT. And it's a lot harder to find another job than you think took me two years...and now I work where I pretty much do whatever the hell I want as long as the job is done and done well (always worked my ass of always had a superior work ethic) and still I won't put up with anybody's BS. Never will but that may mean living in a tent for me at some point...but I'd do that first than be S*** on by anyone. Thank God my kids are grown.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Correct. The governmnet is incapable of stopping illegals crossing into america.

So, you support the Minute Men then, right?
You support any laws that are being passed or are passed that work to curb illegals, correct?

Forced union membership eliminates the hoardes of starving illegals from getting those $3 an hour jobs and provides some hope for dead end jobs for americans. Where is your ss number? You have none? NO JOB!

Oh, by FORCING the individual to be a union member, it stops illegals from working?
SO, trade freedom for safety.
I guess you approve of the Patriot Act as well.
That is a trading of freedom for security.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Whatever, What kind of job do you hold,

I work several jobs.
One is a primary in the IT field.
Second is training within a different field.
Third is a side business I run in the IT field.

oh you probably own your own business. You don't count if you own a business...

Oh, that is rich. So, the Union backer has stated they are for the people, so long as you don't own a business.

.that means you set your own standards...blah blah blah...

Unless the Union Style thugs from MI come in and threaten the business owner, I guess.

.I worked in a union state my whole life when I came to Florida, I thought to myself "Damn people need a goddamn passport to come here to this third world POS" I hate this Effing state.

Such hate for those that don't speak English.
Such hate for Florida.
But, if only the Union was there, things would be better. All the grass would be green, there would be rainbows everywhere, no person would be without a job and the state as a whole would be a utopia.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I don't think it's right to force anyone to join any union. But the right to work Bullspit is also garbage. The employer should not have the right to "Close off" Any employee because they're union (this is done here in Florida at wal mart) No Union people will be hired at a wal mart in florida and no union is allowed to try and get wal mart workers to join a union, also if you decide You think you want to join a union, in florida, wal mart will then fire you (and they're the only ones that actually give you breaks down here) So either way to the extreme is very bad. I don't know how it will play out at MI I guess only time will tell. As it says now the way it reads looks innocent enough, but I have learned a lot of double talk in these bills or you know, the fine print over these many years, we shall see.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Of course i was serious. I have skills. I have worked on commission basis over 30 years. My first job was for 50 cents an hour. The truth is that a college education means squat today. If you want to work get into a good trade. If you are good at it you don't need an employer. Companies need skilled workers. They don't need college grads with Masters in the arts or the useless things people major in in college. As a matter of fact a lot of companies don't want college grads because they want to train them to do things their way. 4 years of being trained to do it the wrong way just makes it harder for them to train them. Skills, skills, skills.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

No such hate for criminals...which illegals are and most of them are criminals twice over, they commit a criminal act in Mexico then they sneak in illegally another criminal act making them twice over criminals...I hate liars thieves and criminals...What's this you love criminals? Let some come chill at your house then.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Welcome to WallMart Michigan.

Employers will cut hours to force Medicare to pick up the Medical and they will pay subpar wages.

How anyone but an employer can be happy about this is the real question. This will negatively affect a vast majority of Michigonians.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Oh, and if you are a Bats8*** crazy truck driver, and put a live opossum in another drivers semi cab, and threaten customers and the company fires you, they will get you your job back, pronto.

As if I didn't have enough reasons to despise labor unions, you gave me another.

They're an artifact from a time in America where no federal laws established that employees have rights. Now, we have all kinds of laws protecting employees, but we also have unions with financial interests to protect. Cut the unions' ties to politics, and it all ends. DC is the quite the head of the fugly snake.

link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

Of course i was serious. I have skills. I have worked on commission basis over 30 years. My first job was for 50 cents an hour. The truth is that a college education means squat today. If you want to work get into a good trade. If you are good at it you don't need an employer. Companies need skilled workers. They don't need college grads with Masters in the arts or the useless things people major in in college. As a matter of fact a lot of companies don't want college grads because they want to train them to do things their way. 4 years of being trained to do it the wrong way just makes it harder for them to train them. Skills, skills, skills.

I have plenty of IT skills...I can do many administrative functions, plus set up networks in circles around my male counterparts, do you know why I don't get hired? I have no degree (my last two courses incomplete due to moving/issues with internet in the process of moving...certifications are beyond my reach as the tests cost upwards 150 and as high as 300 dollars which I don't have the money for... I could definately pass them and probably higher than anybody I know personally that is currently working in the field, who are males and I may add with no certs or degrees...yeah you just keep believeing in the rosy little perfect world scenario that you think life is...some of us have to live in the real world.

link   

reply to post by macman

No such hate for criminals...which illegals are and most of them are criminals twice over, they commit a criminal act in Mexico then they sneak in illegally another criminal act making them twice over criminals...I hate liars thieves and criminals...What's this you love criminals? Let some come chill at your house then.

When did I say I want illegals here?
I support the laws that seek to get rid of illegals.
I support laws that get rid of sanctuary cities.

I, just don't live under the false idea that Unions are and will get rid of illegals.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Degrees??????

I have no Degree, yet my income is very good.

Something is missing, as I have been doing something in IT since 95 and have seen more people in the IT world making great money with no degrees, then most other fields.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

When did I say I want illegals here?
I support the laws that seek to get rid of illegals.
I support laws that get rid of sanctuary cities.

I, just don't live under the false idea that Unions are and will get rid of illegals.

Well in NJ it used to be a union state, everyone had to do a verification at my job that they were indeed citizens of the us by BC and licensing I had to show I think three forms of ID for my job...when e verify became into play they used that instead (cut down training time as e verify took all of 3 seconds for a reply to come) Also in contracting you only saw legal mexicans working on the job (My BF is a contractor). The state has since changed their over to a right to work state but it was still big union when I left. Looks like I left just in time (moved to PA for 3 years) Also another big union state that I never saw any illegals working in I am guessing because the union must have rules about providing citizenship documents to be hired on in the first place. But I have no proof, just basing it on how my union NJ job worked.
That's how.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Degrees??????

I have no Degree, yet my income is very good.

Something is missing, as I have been doing something in IT since 95 and have seen more people in the IT world making great money with no degrees, then most other fields.

Of course you're a male, I'm assuming...I know plenty of males who can get hired, the females well you might as well be black/hispanic/female/from the bronx no one will hire a female like that. I think I stated pretty clearly I personally know males who have no degrees or certs working in the field...re read it

Oh sorry I know one female who was hired on without a degree but a ratio of three men to every female.
edit on 12-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Correct. The governmnet is incapable of stopping illegals crossing into america.

So, you support the Minute Men then, right?
You support any laws that are being passed or are passed that work to curb illegals, correct?

Who are the minute men? Border security, tsa..which one?

Everything went under DHS after 9-11. They are failing as we speak. I remember obama making fun of arizona while praising the mexican president years ago. Maybe you remember.

Oh, by FORCING the individual to be a union member, it stops illegals from working?
SO, trade freedom for safety.
I guess you approve of the Patriot Act as well.
That is a trading of freedom for security.

Since 9-11-2001 was a false flag event that made patsies of alqueda I am sure the patriot act was a huge overstep in privacy, freedom, big government.

I don't quite think unions should be mandatory for everyone. Small business(up to 500 as defined by government) should have more lenient laws because they do not get the favors big business gets. Actually small business should be classified up to 200 at most. I am for stopping the big business trainwreck primarily.
edit on 12/12/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join