It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL Concealed Carry Ban Struck Down

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grownshow

He has the Last Mayors detail, working for him.

I read it somewhere actually.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well these patsys have 180 days to come up with some answer to the ruling
That makes somewhere around march 10th or so...the day to start the lineup....
lets hope they cant make the date..thus putting the law back onto the 2nd amendment only......
This is interesting that theres been a mall shooting today in oreon...
two dead done with an ar15 shooter dead....

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The funny part is that the politicians are deemed 'peacekeepers' and as such can bear arms. So only the regular folk are left unarmed.
articles.chicagotribune.com... oint-security-guard
That's about a Senator who carries a gun and mistakenly (according to him) tried to board a plane with it. He can carry legally though.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This ruling will have little impact. All Illinois will have to do is go the way California did. Try getting a CC permit in California; ain't gonna happen. Don't think for a minute you will be getting the right to carry in Illinois.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
The funny part is that the politicians are deemed 'peacekeepers' and as such can bear arms. So only the regular folk are left unarmed.

Just so we are clear, where is it deemed that politicians are "peacekeepers". An honest question.

That's about a Senator who carries a gun and mistakenly (according to him) tried to board a plane with it. He can carry legally though.

Well he is just plain an idiot. There are a very, very small places in which I support "no carry" and a plane is one. You can transport the firearm via plane, just not on it in possession.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I have never quite understood all the hullabaloo about US gun laws, and concealed carry and open carry
and permits and yada-yada-yada...

Here's the law. It is unequivocal, plainly worded, and able to be completely understood by anyone that
can read...

"...the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

That says it all right there.

If you want guns laws and concealed carry permits and open carry this and that, it would seem to
me that the second amendment of the Bill of Rights must first be changed or altered. Otherwise,
any law infringing upon the right to keep and bear arms is against the law....null and void.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
As a Chicagoan I can see both pros and cons. Crime may go down because you never know if someone is packing, or crime may also go up because people will get trigger happy. Either way things sure are changing.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Rahm's a D#$k head, only way he is mayor is because its Obamas city and Rahm worked for Obama
what a big coincidence lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Rahm speaks!!!! (Through a spokeman.)

Mayor Rahm Emanuel said through a spokesman that he was “disappointed with the court’s decision.” The city is reviewing the opinion and will work with others “to best protect the residents of Chicago and still meet constitutional restrictions,” Bill McCaffrey added.
[url=http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-us-appeals-court-strikes-down-states-concealedcarry-ban-20121211,0,7970966,full.story]link[ /url]

That damn constitution putting restrictions on our our bans!
edit on 12-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

That's a phenomonal admission that they view the bill of rights as restricting their power. I'm sure King George was likewise upset that parliment took away some of his powers as king.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgon8819

Rham is a hedious nasty character that have a very nasty past, he is nothing but a nazi hiding behind been a jew. For the way he behaves he will crap on the constitution in order to have America citizens void of those rights.

He have wet dreams of been dictator.

Nasty, nasty human being.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I wonder, is there anything more relevant to today’s out of control gun violence than the 230+ year-old philosophical waxing of the privileged elite? Why we don’t do everything as it was done when the Second Amendment was written? I mean, if those good folks knew what was best for us then, surely they still do, right? Wake up people! Let’s get back to our roots!

Today’s idiotic gun laws, revered by those who wrap themselves in our flag in order to get attention from the rest of their crowd, are responsible for anther avoidable tragedy. You Second Amendment ostriches are either too stubborn or ignorant to admit that NO ONE NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO BUY AN ASSAULT RIFLE. I sincerely hope that your out of date, out of touch and soon, (I hope), out of time ‘lifestyle’ of being able to kill as many people as possible as quick as possible is just about to change. You gun nuts don’t want to be without your precious fire power? Self deport. Try to hi-jack some other country. You people have caused enough problems here.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It is a shame that the so called Elite Politicians think they can tell a supposedly free person what they can and can't do, own, buy, etc. It needs to stop.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
haha, I just read where somebody called a rifle an 'assault weapon' ...... now THATS funny!

na na na na boo boo, he's got an ASSAULT WEAPON.....oh, heck, it's just a baseball bat

a good ole fashioned white boy redneck blew the fed building in oklahoma to smithereens a spell ago and didn't even fire a shot

the most dangerous thing about a firearm is driving to buy the dang thing

in the face of armed criminals who blatantly ignore all law I will surely continue the fight to maintain that antiquated 2nd amendment, for if it is antiquated, and deemed obsolete, then the rest of the bloody document must be flawed by the reasoning of the uninformed......sad, truly sad.

www.law.harvard.edu...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TownCryer

That is the Most IGNORANT statement I have ever seen make on this web-site.

Why don't you move your Hippie Ass somewhere.....instead of having law abiding citizens leave the country.

You should be smacked a couple times and ask yourself your own questions over again for validity!!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

You can't carry in your car?

If i am in my truck, you can be sure that a loaded .40 s&w is within reach, but out of sight.

I find such an invasion on personal liberty to be appalling.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TownCryer
I wonder, is there anything more relevant to today’s out of control gun violence than the 230+ year-old philosophical waxing of the privileged elite? Why we don’t do everything as it was done when the Second Amendment was written? I mean, if those good folks knew what was best for us then, surely they still do, right? Wake up people! Let’s get back to our roots!

Today’s idiotic gun laws, revered by those who wrap themselves in our flag in order to get attention from the rest of their crowd, are responsible for anther avoidable tragedy. You Second Amendment ostriches are either too stubborn or ignorant to admit that NO ONE NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO BUY AN ASSAULT RIFLE. I sincerely hope that your out of date, out of touch and soon, (I hope), out of time ‘lifestyle’ of being able to kill as many people as possible as quick as possible is just about to change. You gun nuts don’t want to be without your precious fire power? Self deport. Try to hi-jack some other country. You people have caused enough problems here.

LOL

You don't believe this, do you?

If you knew anything about guns, you would know that an assault rifle is likely not the most efficient way to kill someone. Recoil, recoil, recoil. I take single shot, automatic action any day.

And if you REALLY knew anything about guns, you would know that "assault rifle" is just a pretty outer covering that is wrapped around a firing mechanism that can be found in non-assault rifles. Basically, because people are stupid, you can make something that is less lethal illegal just because it looks more sexy.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Great, now every idiot on a power trip is gonna be blasting old ladies off the sidewalk with a .45 slug.

Psych! Haha! 'Bout time IL! Too bad they're gonna ban guns altogether on the federal level soon.

Just to be clear, guns are ok by me.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Frettin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BENGALSLIVEON

Hey, Bengals fan, anytime you think you have what it take to come to me and smake me, let me know. I'll be happy to show up. I REALLY want to experience that meeting. Serioisly, if you want to meet, let me know where/when. I'm betting you'll have to come with a pretty sizable arsenal though. You gun nuts always seem to feel more comfortable when you can let your fire arms do the talking instead of using your own words/mind. I have a pretty good idea why that is. The sign of a true man.;

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Today’s idiotic gun laws, revered by those who wrap themselves in our flag in order to get attention from the rest of their crowd, are responsible for anther avoidable tragedy.

Awesome rant, really...however, it begs the question to which "avoidable tragedy" are you making reference? Because this topic is about concealed carry laws and the IL legislatures attempt to circumvent the constitution.

You Second Amendment ostriches are either too stubborn or ignorant to admit that NO ONE NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO BUY AN ASSAULT RIFLE. I sincerely hope that your out of date, out of touch and soon, (I hope), out of time ‘lifestyle’ of being able to kill as many people as possible as quick as possible is just about to change. You gun nuts don’t want to be without your precious fire power? Self deport. Try to hi-jack some other country. You people have caused enough problems here.

Wow, just wow - this thread is about "concealed firearms" and you are ranting about assault rifles? You get that the word concealed means, to obscure or hide from view right? It has about zero to do with an assault rifle.

I get that you don't like firearms - neat, interestingly enough in America no one is going to make you buy one. It also happens to be true in America that a law abiding citizen can choose to buy one (or many as the case may be). Even assault rifles, in fact even those capable of full automatic fire. I have a few, I like to shoot - it’s a fun hobby.

Bottom line is blaming the existence and possession of a firearm for the criminal acts of a few...well, criminals is like blaming the existence of any other inanimate object for the choices made by its wielder. Guns are not the issue

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join