It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican campaign consultant accidentally tells the truth... whoops!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

You need to educate yourself of the definition of "Electors" - they're not the same as "Voters". Look it up. Federal Elections for the voters are Constitutionally mandated for the first Tuesday of November. Case closed. Congress then determines when the "Electors" convene to commence the Electoral College votes. BIG difference - just so you know.

ETA: See my post below for my comments in response to you voter ID comments. Also, I am unaligned with either party and see the game-playing that emanates from both parties - the whole point of my comment. By identifying you as a "Democrat", I was simply attempting to highlight how members of each party advocate for changes in voting process and procedures that benefit their party while attempting to nullify those that would offer the "Other party" an advantage. It was not meant as an ad hominem - apologies if it came across as such.
edit on 12-12-2012 by kozmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence. Let that one sink in a bit! Also, yes there is... look it up.

BTW... when UN observers comment on the lack of ID verification and are "Stunned" - their word, not mine - it would be wise to take notice.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence. Let that one sink in a bit! Also, yes there is... look it up.

BTW... when UN observers comment on the lack of ID verification and are "Stunned" - their word, not mine - it would be wise to take notice.

"Absence of evidence" is nothing to base a belief on however.

As for your assertion that there's non-fictional evidence, feel free to start a thread with it and maybe I'll comment on it.

You'll have to explain the second part of your comment a bit better, what UN observers... link maybe?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Please check back later as I have to leave for a meeting. I will certainly link to both the UN Observer's comments on our election process as well as some solid evidence where voter fraud WAS in fact perpetrated when I return. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

You need to educate yourself of the definition of "Electors" - they're not the same as "Voters". Look it up. Federal Elections for the voters are Constitutionally mandated for the first Tuesday of November. Case closed. Congress then determines when the "Electors" convene to commence the Electoral College votes. BIG difference - just so you know.

ETA: See my post below for my comments in response to you voter ID comments. Also, I am unaligned with either party and see the game-playing that emanates from both parties - the whole point of my comment. By identifying you as a "Democrat", I was simply attempting to highlight how members of each party advocate for changes in voting process and procedures that benefit their party while attempting to nullify those that would offer the "Other party" an advantage. It was not meant as an ad hominem - apologies if it came across as such.
edit on 12-12-2012 by kozmo because: (no reason given)

ACTUALLY, the law isn't so clear cut is it?

Republicans LONG argued that voting laws are down to STATES, not the Federal governement, and in fact the "early voter" movement is not a federal movement, but one that's sprung out of the state's rights movement so pushed by the right.

Funny how you guys like that concept so much, until it bites you in the ass, then the federal government is suddenly very important.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Please check back later as I have to leave for a meeting. I will certainly link to both the UN Observer's comments on our election process as well as some solid evidence where voter fraud WAS in fact perpetrated when I return. Thanks.

Please do.

EDIT:

LOL, I found your article.

thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

I note that it's been spread around the right-wing blogosphere... I assume that's where you saw it.

The "UN observer" in question isn't actually a UN vote observer, but is part of a group from the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES).

Oh and the word "stunned" wasn't ACTUALLY his word, was it? That's just the word used (repeatedly) to link to the article...

As for the observers thinking the system was being defrauded, well, not so much... what they said was that they would worry that a system like the US' would require, "a lot of procedures and a lot of education".

Another storm in a teacup, spread by the right wing as "evidence" of fraud... remember that 30% of those on the right blamed "ACORN" for Romney's defeat, despite the fact is hasn't existed for literally years.

So almost one in three Republican's polled blamed a non-existent governement group for Romney losing.

Good luck GOP, you're gonna need it.
edit on 12-12-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Here we go again - painting with a broad brush and making more uneducated generalizations. Let me be clear, first off, I don't support the Republicans any more than I support the Democrats. But, what was ACTUALLY up for debate, was whether the states had the right to establish rules surrounding Federal Elections. You know, things like registration, voter IDs etc... Not the election themselves.

You can continue to dissemble all you want, but you can't simply change the facts to suit your narrative. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Oh good... you learned how to use Google! Did you use it find evidence of voter fraud? It's there! In fact, there are several ACTUAL CASES that are proceeding with criminal prosecution. Now since you've mastered Google - go find it!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by neo96

This sort of attitude chimes in nicely with your stormtrooper avatar.

Didn't have a problem making blanket assumption about the right as per the premise of this thread which is nothing but a joke.

Funny how that works.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Who cares.

It backfired and they lost. Don't join their whine parade and complain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join