It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican campaign consultant accidentally tells the truth... whoops!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

I've no interest! Sorry I had to deflate your balloon and ruin your "Piss on Republicans" parade. Hypocrisy is ugly and the truth hurts - but you'll be ok.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

NO, Matthew collects a big paycheck and has the ready ear of the politically deaf at his disposal. He also serves as the unofficial token white race bater on MSNBC.

Media has changed and so has journalism. The quality journalists are running from the MSM outlets in droves...

Integrity will do that to a person. Pawn to the administration or reporter to the people. Simple choice..

Give me a break.

This "legitimate journalist" you love so much is a partisan hack:

www.renewamerica.com...
investigatingobama.blogspot.ie...

He routinely writes for the most hack-y places like WND and the WashingtonTimes.

You may WANT him to be super legitimate and whatnot, but that's not the same as him actually being legitimate.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

I've no interest! Sorry I had to deflate your balloon and ruin your "Piss on Republicans" parade. Hypocrisy is ugly and the truth hurts - but you'll be ok.

As I thought. You can't, so you make some pathetic excuse and wander off. Surely you're not just trolling are you?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Are you dim? I didn't start this thread. I merely pointed out that BOTH parties f**k with the voting process to give themselves an advantage. Then you cried about it! WHAAAAAAAAAA!

Do you deny that voting has been extended far beyond the Constitutional mandate of "First Tuesday of November"? Do you deny that Democrats championed it? Will you also deny that Democrats have fought vociferously against voter ID laws?

Why do you think those things are? Because it gives the Democrats an advantage at the polls. Claiming otherwise is the TROLL - not my stating the obvious.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

reply to post by Destinyone

This story is significant. The voting restrictions were questionable at best, criminal at worst. When a consultant says things like this, it's worth reporting. It should be seen as a threat to the election process more than simply bashing republicans. This is bashing voter manipulation.

When people deserve bashing, bashed they should be. In this case a bashing is well deserved, and republicans should probably join in on the bashing despite the fact that it is their own party....the only way the party can improve it's prospects for the future is for those within it to take an honest look at the things that so many find distasteful.

edit on 12/11/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

What's wrong with early voting? The elderly and disabled should have an extended opportunity to vote. So should anyone else who foresees an obstacle with getting to the poll on election day. These people are majority democrat, so what?

Why shouldn't there be early voting?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Because it is Constitutionally MANDATED for the first Tuesday of November. Is October 3rd the first Tuesday in November? If one would like to change the laws and the Constitution, one should go follow the Constitutionally mandated process for Amending the Constitution. That hasn't happened.

It is THIS slippery slope of making rules that feel good with total disregard for the laws and founding principles that lead to an out-of-control government. It is also this wanton rulemaking that ultimately leads to king-making - and king-making is NOT what was intended for this country. But, we're already pretty darned close.

ETA: Interesting how you failed to address ID requirements but totally defended early voting. PatrickGarro = Democrat!
That just rested my case, your honor!
edit on 11-12-2012 by kozmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Originally posted by jibeho

NO, Matthew collects a big paycheck and has the ready ear of the politically deaf at his disposal. He also serves as the unofficial token white race bater on MSNBC.

Media has changed and so has journalism. The quality journalists are running from the MSM outlets in droves...

Integrity will do that to a person. Pawn to the administration or reporter to the people. Simple choice..

Give me a break.

This "legitimate journalist" you love so much is a partisan hack:

www.renewamerica.com...
investigatingobama.blogspot.ie...

He routinely writes for the most hack-y places like WND and the WashingtonTimes.

You may WANT him to be super legitimate and whatnot, but that's not the same as him actually being legitimate.

And you have the stones to source Daily Kos and a writer who goes by Meteor Blades.? I'll just laugh it off and move on. You can have your fun. Slow news day for you?? Hack? Good stuff buddy.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Early voting isn't unconstitutional. We still have a single election day, on which polls are open, closed and votes are tallied.

The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.
www.archives.gov...

Really, with early voting those votes are being given on the same day...just being sent in ahead of time.

Plus, it's the principles that are more important. Voter access is important in a fair election. Early voting enhances the democratic process and makes for more just elections. I doubt the founders would oppose it.

Are you saying you oppose early voting, or just complaining about the way it was legislated?

ETA:

ETA: Interesting how you failed to address ID requirements but totally defended early voting. PatrickGarro = Democrat! That just rested my case, your honor!

The way in which the voter id laws were passed subverted the democratic process...there's a reason they were shot down in court. And I am not in line with either of the political parties.

Also, you use the word Democrat like a slur. Symptomatic of generalizing half the population as unable to commentate on political issues. Dems are no more delusional or bias than Republicans in their view on how to proceed as a country. Both parties have a highly uneducated base and good points among those who know what they are talking about.
edit on 12/11/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Give everyone the day off on election day, like many countries do.
Which way does the left right pendulum swing when more people vote?
That's the answer to why the right tries to reign in voting time and eligibility as much as possible.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

They must've done that because we all know democrats are the working class. Pathetic. What a B*** I hope they all burn in Hell, if there is a Hell.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Are you dim? I didn't start this thread. I merely pointed out that BOTH parties f**k with the voting process to give themselves an advantage. Then you cried about it! WHAAAAAAAAAA!

Do you deny that voting has been extended far beyond the Constitutional mandate of "First Tuesday of November"? Do you deny that Democrats championed it? Will you also deny that Democrats have fought vociferously against voter ID laws?

Why do you think those things are? Because it gives the Democrats an advantage at the polls. Claiming otherwise is the TROLL - not my stating the obvious.

ACTUALLY.

Voter ID is total BS. There's NO examples of fraud that you can find that would've been stopped by voter ID. But. tie voter idea into voting and guess who you disproportionately impact? Poor people and minorities.

And hey, how do we know this?

Well, the Republican state of TX spent MILLIONS trying to justify voter ID laws and came up with nothing.

Millions spent and no evidence to back up the "need" for voter ID. Only the fact that voter ID laws disfranchise Democrats.

As for early voting.

There's no evidence, despite lots of "talking point" nonsense from the right, that early voting leads to more fraud.

You certainly can't show me any.

What you CAN show me though is that it benefits Dems at the polls, for a variety of reasons.

If you want to talk what the constitution said, btw., blacks and women couldn't vote.

Is that you're nirvana?

Or is there a certain point in the ever changing election laws that you think is "constitutional," where we should stop?

All of this crap is just GOP voter suppression stuff. There's NO real harm to democracy if MORE people vote.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Because it is Constitutionally MANDATED for the first Tuesday of November. Is October 3rd the first Tuesday in November? If one would like to change the laws and the Constitution, one should go follow the Constitutionally mandated process for Amending the Constitution. That hasn't happened.

U.S. Population in 1790 3,929,326
U.S Population in 2012 314,922,935

I'm sure the signers of the Constitution would agree voting should still only be held on one day.

United states Census

It is THIS slippery slope of making rules that feel good with total disregard for the laws and founding principles that lead to an out-of-control government. It is also this wanton rulemaking that ultimately leads to king-making - and king-making is NOT what was intended for this country. But, we're already pretty darned close.

It is changing the rules that are not viable today as they were over 200 years ago.

ETA: Interesting how you failed to address ID requirements but totally defended early voting. PatrickGarro = Democrat!
That just rested my case, your honor!
edit on 11-12-2012 by kozmo because: (no reason given)

ID is fine as long as it is available for free or you are charging people to vote. It should also be done long before an election not a few weeks.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Gotta love it....Right Wingers cheering voter supression!! Yay for democracy!!

America handed the GOP thier ass this last election cuz they understand the same folks screaming about the founding fathers and American ideals...no squat about the founding fathers and will stomp all over the constitution to get thier way.

Deluded Idealogical babies...If America doesn't vote your way...just get rid of that whole "voting" thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by kozmo

What's wrong with early voting? The elderly and disabled should have an extended opportunity to vote. So should anyone else who foresees an obstacle with getting to the poll on election day. These people are majority democrat, so what?

Why shouldn't there be early voting?

Elderly and disabled?

Hello? what else do they have that is all so time consuming?

Meaning since they are old they are drawing SS which means they are reitred.

Meaning if they are disable means they are not working.;

Giving "special consideration when they have plenty of time too much time to be voting.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The lefts version of "democracy":

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Another day....another string of 'Bash the Republican' threads

So now quoting a republican's own words is "bashing"?

That's pretty sad when you have to censor your own speech.
edit on 11-12-2012 by CB328 because: typo

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It also means it is a huge hassle to go to a poll and potentially stand in line for hours. How about a 75 year old war vet that got both legs blown off at Vietnam, is in constant pain and outing results in two weeks of unbearbale soreness.

Shouldn't they have an opportunity to cast a vote with some comfort?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The lefts version of "democracy":

From the comments:

Your clip that aired on Hannity showed the guy who punched you was knocked to the ground and getting up before the punch. In this version here, however, you edited out that part at 0:38. Why did you edit out the part where he was knocked to the ground? And, who knocked that guy to the ground before he punched you? I'm a big believer in using words not fists, so I'm not defending what seemed to happen to you in this video, but the editing seems suspicious.

It's also a complete joke that everyone in a union is a democrat and that everyone in a union is violent...

I know those on the right would love to return to a time when owners could treat workers however they want, a time when workers couldn't join together to stand up for themselves... but guess what, despite the corruption that some unions have, they're still a better option than being oppressed...

And sure, see if you can respond without a youtube video or a political talking point you cribbed off a right-wing blog...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This sort of attitude chimes in nicely with your stormtrooper avatar.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join