It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone Preparing For 21st........ Just In Case?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My Nexus 7 will do just fine!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I always have some basics around. Food, water batteries.

I'm not doing anything special for the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Realistically I don't really think anything is going to happen, but if it were I wouldn't have the slightest clue of the time in which it is supposed to happen. I'm sort of curious to see if three days of darkness were to occur, but to answer your question, I would guess ten minutes till 5 AM based on another post I've seen but that really has no base of reference other then that post I read. Although if you'd like I could probably try and find said post.

I just figured if I were wrong and it was the end of the world then I would want to spend my last day with my family and those I love. I've seen enough topics that while I very much doubt the end; it is impossible for me not to prepare to some degree when I've seen so many people buy into the same date even if most of those people can't agree on a cause and even though many causes can be disproved.

I personally hope if the end of the world comes it isn't till after 4:20

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
What about tomorrow? 12-12-12? 21-12-12 same numbers 111222. Better start tonight just in case. Could be end of the world tomorrow who knows!

Will anything happen tomorrow?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

What about tomorrow? 12-12-12? 21-12-12 same numbers 111222. Better start tonight just in case. Could be end of the world tomorrow who knows!

Will anything happen tomorrow?

Tomorrow is going to be the last repetitive date we will ever see...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If you have people to take care of you better have extra everything anyway.
Screw 12/21/2012. (unless something positive occurs--like not dying)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
No preparations. My wife and I decided a few years ago that if the world turns to shiz...we are going out with the first wave. I don't want to live in a post apocalyptic world. My kids are now young adults...it is their job to decide to stick around or not. Me personally...I have absolutely no desire to be a part of this train wreck.

I know how to hunt, how to fish, how to garden and how to raise farm animals....but I just don't want to do it. I grew up "the old way" and i the world turns to that...I'll be happy to take the exit....

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If the world ends on Dec 21st, then I hope that I go out with the majority of the population, so no - I haven't prepped at all. Well my cat's have a month supply of cat food, does that count?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I will make sure that I have a few extras on hand just in case...

2nd

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If there ever was an end of days scenario at any time between now and the future, I would take everything I needed from anywhere that I could and by any means necessary.

Protection would be paramount and deadly force would be used if any significant threat was perceived.

Sounds shocking but it is exactly the same process that everyone else will adopt once the punitive stash of supplies has ran out.

Everyone seems to think they will be safe at home or in a dug out living off supplies!!!

I hate to break many peoples bubble but it will be a Dog Eat Dog and Survival Of The Fittest situation.
So if you plan on surviving you had better know how to look after yourself in every way possible and that includes stealing anything you can lay your hands on and keeping it secure at all costs.

I don't think anything special will happen on the 21st at all.

I Do think any number of catastrophes could effect us in the future though.
edit on 11-12-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I admit it...

Yes I have prepared a little but all the 2012 stuff just made me realize how fragile our food system really is and nobody is going to take care of you but you. I have stocked up on some extra food, extra bullets, toliet paper, medical basics and most importantly a 55 gallon drum of water.

I also stocked up on items for a reason that most people don't even mention....

TO HELP MY FELLOW MAN/WOMAN IN A TIME OF NEED!!!!!

I plan to shoot the barbarians that will try to loot/rape/pillage/steal and help the rest standing.
edit on 11-12-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
How can you prepare for an world ending event ? I mean, you cant prepare for an event that would end the world , it is THE END ffs - nothing you can do about it.

21st is a friday, only thing i will be preparing is my hangover kit which will come in handy on the 22nd.

Nothing is going to happen on the 21st, our kind is too stupid and unevolved to predict such major event.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

Realistically I don't really think anything is going to happen, but if it were I wouldn't have the slightest clue of the time in which it is supposed to happen. I'm sort of curious to see if three days of darkness were to occur, but to answer your question, I would guess ten minutes till 5 AM based on another post I've seen but that really has no base of reference other then that post I read. Although if you'd like I could probably try and find said post.

I just figured if I were wrong and it was the end of the world then I would want to spend my last day with my family and those I love. I've seen enough topics that while I very much doubt the end; it is impossible for me not to prepare to some degree when I've seen so many people buy into the same date even if most of those people can't agree on a cause and even though many causes can be disproved.

I had a buddy of mine I get together with and wait for 4:20. But yeah I get what you are saying.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

I had a buddy of mine I get together with and wait for 4:20. But yeah I get what you are saying.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

I am preparing for the 21st. I have my menu planned and I already have the house decorated and all my Christmas dishes in the cupboard. I am preparing for a party! No not an end of the world party ( I bet it gets mentioned though LOL) a Christmas party !

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

Not if you have the room and the money. My sister in law practially has a grocery store in her basement. She is one of the couponers and shops like mad. You should have seen it in the diaper years. Yikes. Pampers out the wazoo.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm making a batch of end of the world cookies...they are only 1 bite each....

Des

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Anything? Probably yes. Anything catastraphic ? Probably not.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Until the 22 century when it starts again. so there will be another 12/12/12 but it will be Dec 12 2112.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm prepping for 21st since it will be one of the busiest days before Christmas for us at work. So yes I"m prepping..

On the other "prepping" no I'm not. I don't believe anything will happen and even if something catastrophic were to happen you can't stop it and who is to say that prepping will even help esp if you area is ground zero.

Secondly I can't afford to prep for anything but the here and now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join