It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone Preparing For 21st........ Just In Case?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yep! We are having a end of the world party!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by la2

Howdy neighbour, i'm from wolves. I got an abandoned cave to retreat to in south staffs, got local area maps and basics, very low on food though, depending on the event i would figure that out from hq with areas of interest marked out. A lil undecided now the times near, might just go in peace with the family at home with a beer, THATS IF ANYTHING HAPPENS lol
edit on 11-12-2012 by Wolvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Nothing will happen unless TPTB decide to unleash BlueBeam on that day.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If you really struggle for water in a last case senario, you always have the hot water tank full, so don't forget that if you can't gain access to water straight away.

Personally I live across the road from a Tesco's, so I would just barge a few people out of the way and pick up a lot of canned food and water.

edit on 11-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by la2

I keep a pantry of canned and dry goods, and 2 large containers of fresh clean water at all times. I have a wind-up radio (a leftover from my years spent in snowstorm country) and a large pack of each of the battery types we use on a regular basis.

But am I preparing in any way for the 21st specifically? No. Every single prediction of the end of the world, since the beginning of recorded history has proven to be false, by definition. In fact -- here's a handy chart containing most of them:

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-12-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

Always nice to meet a neighbor

I'm virtually sure it will pass without event, but you never know, i'm sure a bottle of JD will be available in any case lol

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by la2

I have a BOB ready, but then again, I always have a BOB ready. All I have to do is fill up my water bottles (from the stock of bottled water I have) and add my rations (which live with the bottled water) to the BOB and I'm good to go. I always plan for the worst and hope for the best and no matter what I do in life I live by one motto:

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance"

I also take my BOB out from time to time and spend a couple of days "surviving" with the kit I have in it. That way I know that I have everything I need to survive and I also know how to use all of my equipment.

Rev

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
10 more days...I can't believe it.
edit on 11-12-2012 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

I'll bite in a serious way on this...because hey, as much as we want to ridicule it, millions take the date at various levels of seriousness and I still don't know what to think 100% myself. There are different levels tho,... Honestly?

Level 1 - Humanity Happens

This is where people do stupid things because the date gives some subconcious excuse. Anything from War in the Middle East to rioting in cities. I'm well set for this with enough food, water and basic things for light and heat to easily hold through whatever period this would likely cover. I'd hope we all are... Basic preparedness here I'd say.

Level 2 - Ascension or Rapture happens.

I put them together because to those who believe in one or the other, the way it'll look to the rest of us poor schmucks won't be different enough to matter much I suppose. I don't have a ticket on either ride, so I figure if this happens...not too much will change. After all, how many of our leaders from President to School Board President earned themselves a ticket either?
There will just be a lot of normal people that aren't there anymore...and a real bad few years to come.

Level 3 - Something wicked this way com....errr...arrives!

Well, water impacts are most likely....so as mentioned in another flood thread, living in Missouri is strategically important for the tidal waves generated along whatever ocean something splashed into. If it isn't a meteor..then it must have a Romulan Cloaking device because nothing large enough to matter beyond a few tidal waves and some clean beach front can really be there at this late date. It would be almost on top of us in cosmic terms. I mean, we're WELL within time frame it takes to travel to the MOON using some paths for goodness sakes. Nothing of size appears to be there. So preparing here seems limited for need anymore.

Level 4 - Put head between knees, stretch hard and kiss own...err..yeah Bye!

Well, this is the 'we never even thought of THAT!' scenario and I guess what my 2% 'Uh-Oh' meter is still jangling over. In this case? Either what I've done to prep for power loss and loss of social order coming by ANY event which could cause it...is enough? Or...My other half and I have said the things we need to say to each other..and we;ll have another close chat I imagine before the day. Just in case.... I mean, this is an 'Ooops' you would never have a do over from. However 1:Million...I wouldn't want to realize we were all wrong ...and hadn't taken the time to make personal things right where it's so easy to do.

edit on 11-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have 3 cases of water, 3 cases of baked beans, 3 cases of canned vegetables, and a few gas masks, but they are for after all the baked beans.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I bought an extra can of peas just in case.... and a five pack of Air Heads. I'm ready.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
No.... I have to work that day, and it's pay day... so it will be a good day!

la2

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
all very interesting, thanks for the input its really appreciated

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
At the request of my wife, just in case something happens I'm trying to take the day off work, we have a camping/bug out tote as well if we needed to use such a thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm going to crash some believers Parties! Yay..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

In case the real end comes,how much supply of water or food do you think would save us?! Will there be a world as we know it afterwards anyways? in case we survive,how long can we go on with no shelter ,electricity,medications,heat or perhaps even safe water,soil and air....Yes it will be quiet miserable my friends,lets hope and pray for it not to happen...Of course buying some cases of water and batteries wouldn't hurt.Tuna is good for a couple of months then it will automatically put you out of your misery by gradually poisoning you to death..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have never once prepared for any specific scenario. I was a boy scout and always kept with me to be prepared!

There are emergency kits in my car and my house is stocked with food and water for an extended period of time.

The reason most catastrophes are so catastrophic is because people were unprepared, and because they acted like cattle.

I also have a theory. You can build a perfect shelter, stock it with 100 years of food, then loose the key or build it on a fault line, have it flooded or 10,000 other things go wrong. The best preparedness is mentally accepting a situation, keeping your head and making do with whatever is around you!

Dec 21, 2012 will be just another day. But someday this might not be the case where you live. Learn some survival skills is my best advice!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
At the request of my wife, just in case something happens I'm trying to take the day off work, we have a camping/bug out tote as well if we needed to use such a thing.

Any specific times you are expect it like one minute after midnight on December 21? Or will it be a sweeping event that crosses times zones? Just curious...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

thats the date we always do our christmass shopping
so im prepping for that as i am not good with crowded
places haha

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

Look I understand how people can fall for the end coming on that date. However, NO ONE knows when the end is coming. Only God does. And if people thing they can take caution and prepare- prepare emotionaly not physicaly. If end is coming how would you survive that with food and other things? The world would be ending. It wouldn't be similar to riding out a storm. Just get your life right with God, family and friends. God bless

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join