It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life-sized Noah's Ark launches!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Just showed my daughter it, she loved it.
Something thats always puzzled me was how Noah managed to get two of everything, i,e how did he get to the pole for the polar bears, etc.

I know someones gonna say its because the bibles not true, but does anyone have the bible believers explanation?

There were no oceans back then, it was all one giant landmass. The oceans came from within the earth, when the waters deep within the earth broken open (possibly from the Laurentian abyss) and the rain began. Riverbeds have been discovered on the bottom of the ocean as have remains tree trunks and stumps and some petrified trees found as far down as 650-700 feet.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Yeah, Noah built an ark that size. Quite a daunting project not to mention rounding up 2 of every animal. Building a boat is no easy feat, considering he would have had to steam the planks to bend them into shape. What about insects, and how about animals that are not found in the area where Noah lived? Who cleaned up after all those animals? The stench alone would probably cause you to jump overboard.

One of the many stories in the bible that's hard to swallow.

Noah and his sons. Whom were hundreds of years old and much larger than we are today.

Originally posted by Uberdavo
One elephant in captivity eats 150 pounds of food a day. in one year that is 54750 pounds of food. 2 elephants alone would eat 109500 pounds of food in a year. That is almost 50 tonnes of food just for the elephants lol
seems legit

They were all younger animals, if not infants.

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

There were no oceans back then, it was all one giant landmass. The oceans came from within the earth, when the waters deep within the earth broken open (possibly from the Laurentian abyss) and the rain began. Riverbeds have been discovered on the bottom of the ocean as have remains tree trunks and stumps and some petrified trees found as far down as 650-700 feet.

Pangaea is not a factual theory. The land masses (continents) look like they fit perfect like a puzzle because that's how the earth was stretched and pulled during it's creation.

1 minute, please watch:

edit on 12-12-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Most scientists today believe Noah's Ark was more of a DNA Vault than an actual boat. It would have been literally impossible for him to round up 2 of every species and food for the length of the storm/flood. It is the same as the Seed Vaults in the Netherlands which also houses the DNA of all current species on the planet. The gov'ts have joined together to fund this project for in case there is a large world catastrophe.

As far as the Bible goes and the tale of Noah, God flooded the Earth to wipe out all life except for what Noah had on his "boat". Basically so that God could pick and choose what species were given a 2nd chance.

Not that I believe in the biblical form of the tale obviously.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Noah had competition.............
Untinapshin sic of Sumerias mythos far older than the Noah story tells the same tale......
Others countries and civilisations have similar myths.....far older than Noahs

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Noah and his sons. Whom were hundreds of years old and much larger than we are today.

How can you say this with a straight face? I know you're respected around here but wow. I know a lot of people need to feel they have a place in the grand scheme of things and there is going to be peace for them. That's not what I'm talking about here. You have to be a complete brain washed idiot to think Noah's ark is real and then back up your opinion with.....

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Not sure If I live on the same planet as you but your opinion and source on the matter are completely ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
That boat isn`t big enough to carry all the food and water that would be needed to sustain 2 of every animal in the world for over 40 days.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I wonder if they built a different ark for the dinosaurs?!

Wait... they were too big to drown...or, they lived before Noah, Adam and maybe even God...It had to be because the bible doesn't mention them...but, but the world is only 6000 years old. I guess those dinosaur fossils found are the work of the devil...

There was a flood every where in the world. I don't know if at the same time, but every ancient culture talks about it.

What if God told Noah to get a pair of every DOMESTICATED animal at the time? That would have been a lot easier!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
What if Noah's ark was more of a DNA bank of some kind? Technology as far as we know was advanced moreso in the past than what we give credit for. Just look at the great pyramids for example..we cant rebuild them with even today's technology.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Funny how everyone designs an ark with a modern interpretation of a house on the top.... with rounded ends etc etc.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

they all behaved themselves because God commanded it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Here's my personal theory on the Great Flood...

The Great Flood refers to the time when the Mediterranean Sea suddenly refilled after the last ice age.

It's well known that the depression where the Mediterranean Sea now sits was completely dry during the last ice age due to the lowered sea levels. Once the Earth started to thaw, and the sea levels rose, I think the thin piece of land between Spain and Morocco finally broke away under the pressure of the sea, and the rushing sea water created the Strait of Gibraltar and refilled the Mediterranean depression.

It's entirely possible that someone ("God") knew this was going to happen, and asked Noah to create a giant boat to save the species that lived in the Mediterranean depression at that time. That would be a reasonable number of animal species to deal with and is a plausible story. An incident of that magnitude would certainly be recorded by multiple cultures and would be worthy of a story to be passed down for thousands of years...

That's my take anyway...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
An American academic called Porcher Taylor asked the CIA to release it's photos of the Ark, taken by spy planes returning to their base inTurkey having flown over southern Russia, and eventually it did. he had been asking for photos of Noah's Ark but the CIA referred to it as the Ararat Anomaly.
They show something which does indeed look very much like a ship near the summit, and the pilots refer to it as a"huge wooden boxcar".

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Joe rogan's Hilarious stand up act on Noah's Ark.

This clip makes me start crying it's so histerical

"600 years seems a bit old for a fellow to taking up a project of this magnetude". hahaha

The story only goers to about 3:15, after that he brings a Noah's Ark believer backstage and has a little back and forth with him. Joe is pretty sharp (although his brain is filled with so much imformation he does get some facts wrong, or just makes em up),but he's the last guy you wan't to get into a debate with, he's a proffessional talker/comedian/commentator..., you will lose. And if you win he may just choke you out. LOL.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2012 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

That is magnificent,

There is truth to these myths and legends,

Ziusudra
www.flood-myth.com...

Plus
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 103131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
I have always thought the ark was a figurative for Earth as in Earth is the ark. I dunno but this is pretty darn awesome.

Me too, or thought about it anyway.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Just showed my daughter it, she loved it.
Something thats always puzzled me was how Noah managed to get two of everything, i,e how did he get to the pole for the polar bears, etc.

I know someones gonna say its because the bibles not true, but does anyone have the bible believers explanation?

have you not watched evan almighty
they came to him

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

On QI stephen fry asked how many of each animal did noah take on the ark?
and the answer was 7 of each but 2 of beast ,maybe the five extra was to feed the 2 of beast

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

The Bible says God called the animals to Noah, he did not have to go around the world to collect them.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
interesting that it is finished right before Dec 21 2012..
lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wow impressive – this guy has wanted to get this done for many decades. Interesting to note that The proportions described in the book of Genesis to build the Ark of length to width (6 to 1) are still used by modern naval architects to build ships to this day!

A few points that come to mind reading through some of the posts re the Biblical Flood of Noah’s Day.

It's not true to say that the Sumerian Flood legends predated the Biblical flood - Moses might have written about Noah & his family generations afterwards in the Bible but as Noah's grandson Nimrod (son of Cush) founded Sumerian culture - he being the risen Baal then actually the Flood predates the Babylonian culture.

Interesting thread on that subject: All Roads Lead to Babylon - Mystery Babylon Identified

The Hebrew Word for Flood is actually "deluge" or more correctly "Cataclysm" - this wasn't just some localised flood - this was a global catastrophe. Now IF such a catastophe took place thousands of years ago worldwide, then you might expect to find that event recorded in writings, legends in every corner of the globe. Well that's actually exactly what IS found. From North American tribes of Indians that have never even seen the Ocean to Chinese Villages, thousands of miles from the Sea that recite the story of Noah's Ark as a song. Interestingly almost all of these legends contain a man & his family in a boat.

This was more than a flood caused by rain - if the Bible is correct - the heavens literally opened & the "waters above" the sky which the Bible describes as a clear fresh water bubble that encaptualted the Earth & no doubt protected the Earth from harmful UV rays cascaded down over 40 days. Together with the "springs of the deeps" which erupted in a terrible seismic "cataclysm" that literally rocked the Earth to it's foundations. Perhaps this would explain why the Continents split apart from being one land mass.

Also I'd ask - if the Global Flood didn't occur - why is there so much frozen FRESH water at each of the Poles - where did it come from? It's not frozen sea water in the Artic or Antarctic nor is it glacial ice which formed over supposed millennia from falling snow - the polar ice caps are giant size frozen fresh water ice cubes surrounded by saltwater oceans. The fact that Mammoths & many other creatures have been found frozen with food still in their mouths shows that their demise must have been swift.

What always fascinates me is that ancient writers like Josephus, Heroditus actually wrote about tourists regularly visiting a site on the borders of modern Iran/Iraq in Turkey where in those times the Ark rested & in some months of the year was accessible - in the mountain range of Aararat. They also speak of them coming back from the mountains with bits of petrified wood as souvenirs. Like an ancient Berlin Wall that people wanted a piece of before it disappeared. It seems like Jesus, ancient historians accepted the Ark and the account of Noah more factually than we do today..

Whilst Noah and his family were the builders of the Ark - & later on collectors of all the necessary "Kinds" of animals that were needed to be gathered which contained the Genetic DNA to rebuild the animal population post Flood. Actually the Bible calls Noah - "A preacher of righteousness" - THAT was his main role in life as He acted as God's spokesmen - denouncing a world full of violence and corruption. A world full of diobedient angels & their offspring - who became pagan deities - the so called Annunaki & their sons the Nephilim - who were intent of every sort of corruption of mankind against their maker. Only Noah & his family took heed of God's warnings. Again we find globally accounts of these Gods descended in many civilisations & cultures. The basic facts match, albeit the finite details may differ from culture to culture, or area to area.

It's also interesting that particularly since the discovery of Gobekli Tepe, Derinyku etc and other ancient sites - more & more archeologists are saying that the birthplace of civilisation was not the Fertile Crescent & Sumeria but further North in Ancient Anatolia, which is the area running on the shores under the Black Sea from Armenia to the West & Iraq/Syrian border in the West. THIS is the exact area where the Ark according to the Bible, came to rest and Noah & his family gradually went back to the land.

Post Flood according to the Bible mankind spread out across the Globe from that area and this talk given by Paul James Griffiths about the history of mankind, I find of particular interest because it backs up the following Chapters in the Bible AFTER the Flood

edit on 12-12-2012 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join