It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun dog seen in multiple Chinese cities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Meteorologist claim that this is just a rare weather phenomenon. What do you think?

edit on 11-12-2012 by bobrules because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2012 by bobrules because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Awesome pics. Good find. Be ready for 99% of the replies to say "obvious lens flare" or anything to debunk this....I find that whenever people don't have the REAL answer they're quick to jump down your throat with their "knowledge"

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bobrules

sol should be visible from 50% of the planets surface at any moment in time

the fact that this " phenonemon " is only affecting a chinese city means that its a local event

a little logic goes along way

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is the explanation, I have no idea what it's called in English.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It appears to be due to a halo effect. The second picture shows this quite well. Also, both "suns" are equal distance from the center.

link   

Originally posted by bobrules

What do you think?
I think that if there were 3 Suns nearby, they would most likely be visible in other places too, and not just in China. (And that's excluding the fact that we all be dead already.)

They're called 'Sun Dogs'

woof woof.

link   
It's a phenomenon known as a "sun dog" and they are quite common. I see them here in NE a couple times a year.

link   

Looks like this:
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11.12.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeterGriffin
Awesome pics. Good find. Be ready for 99% of the replies to say "obvious lens flare" or anything to debunk this....I find that whenever people don't have the REAL answer they're quick to jump down your throat with their "knowledge"

hey here's some of that knowledge...get a welders mask, or specific glasses for viewing the sun, and see for yourself...o god!!!!....the knowledge!!!!!! i need to stop because i don't have a REAL answer!!!!

link   

And why is the most plausible (and not even that mysterious as you might think) explanation the wrong one?
Yes, there are such weather phenomenons which can create "multiple" suns. It happens occasionally and I think I remember even having seen one myself. Do you think the explanation of two additional stars all of a sudden appearing is more plausible?

link   
Misleading title and explanation in the op.
Only on ATS, its rare, but it's happening

ETA: That's more like it with the title

edit on 11-12-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

link   
/Thread lol

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Can someone embed the photos, I can't see them at all. My work firewall is blocking them. Freakin' censorship.

Have the people that saw these "suns", seen them with the naked eye? If so, that could discredit the "sun dog" idea.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Ok then Oh Great One, share your wisdom.

Enlighten me with the REAL answer.

or you could just
looky here

or here

& here

or here

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I guess China gets to enjoy three suns while the rest of the single-sunned peoples can go on living our day-to-day, boring/uneventful lives!

Hope this trio of suns (that can incredibly hover in one spot over terra firma

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Aren't those just sun dogs...because I have seen the same thing several times in my lifetime.

Always turned out to be sun dogs...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

And why is the most plausible (and not even that mysterious as you might think) explanation the wrong one?
Yes, there are such weather phenomenons which can create "multiple" suns. It happens occasionally and I think I remember even having seen one myself. Do you think the explanation of two additional stars all of a sudden appearing is more plausible?

No, I don't think that's more plausible

Everyone is quick to dismiss other possibilities. That's all

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yeah they are...here is an explanation on how they occur and why and also several examples...

Sun dog

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Ok then Oh Great One, share your wisdom.

Enlighten me with the REAL answer.

or you could just
looky here

or here

& here

or here

I'm not claiming to have any knowledge. I do, however, have an open mind.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Beautiful pictures indeed caused by phenomena of reflection and refraction of light,I cannot speculate the reasons for which is happening right now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join