It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Lightning across WA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Last week or so I couldn't help but notice the amount of lightning occurring around Australia.

Thats a damn lot of lightning and its been consistently like that for about 5-6 days now.. Its almost like we're charged down here, or somethings bringing this force over this part of the planet.

Anyway, tonight we had a wickedly wild electrical storm build of the coast, linger for an hour about .5km off land, then roll in slowly.

Here's some pics for anyone interested.. Seems we're experiencing a light show!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Those are some awesome pictures Chop. Did you take them? I am one of those idiots that will go outside in a lightning storm to watch the show. I love watching lightning - especially when you are by the ocean.

Also, to be honest - I did click on this thread because the title "Incredible Lightning across WA"...and me being from Washington state I thought there was going to be pictures of lightning in Washington (WA). Once I looked at the thread I realized it was Western Australia. This isn't the first time I saw a thread about something or other in WA and realized it was Down Under instead of the Pacific Northwest.
Still - great pictures!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Over here in Vic, we rarely get to see that type of lightning anymore.. Its a shame. Don't know how or why but it seems we only get the sheet variety these days.. BTW, those pics are awesome..
edit on 11-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sweet pics! I love a good lightening storm! Hope you get rain and no fires with it!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wish I had a storm like that here, love storms. They're fun to watch, and they break the boring silence of a usual day.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Awesome lightening pictures.

I been though storms like that and they can be crazy. Especially how close the thunder is.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Those are awesome. I've always loved storms. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Incredible pictures! Thanks S & F

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Last week or so I couldn't help but notice the amount of lightning occurring around Australia.

Thats a damn lot of lightning and its been consistently like that for about 5-6 days now.. Its almost like we're charged down here, or somethings bringing this force over this part of the planet.

Anyway, tonight we had a wickedly wild electrical storm build of the coast, linger for an hour about .5km off land, then roll in slowly.

Great pics OP, S&F. I've been noticing a lot of threads from Down Under lately. You're right, seems you're a bit charged up down there.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The bureau are saying this is a 1 in 50 year storm.

More coming too

ETA: FECK! just had a lightning strike so close it set the alarm on my ute off

edit on 11/12/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Does anyone know if cosmic rays might be increasing in intensity right now?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Chadwickus, pretty unreal the cracks across the sky eh?
looking at there radar, its got a cyclonic aspect to it, it seems to be a spiral thats coming in from the western waters

heres some other pics from last night

edit on 11-12-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

There's a definite spiral there, no where near as tight as a cyclone though, barometric pressure is too high as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I lived in the Midwest (US) and we had storms on the regular, but these pictures are truly amazing. Those bolts look POTENT!

Is the lightning always this powerful in appearance in your area? or is this something new happening frequently (old thread floating around about the number of strikes during a storm in that same area got me thinking)? or is it one time thing you noticed?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Wicked pics !!!

S+F

Keep em coming !

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
They saw a big slick of Pumice or something floating in the ocean down there somewhere, is that anywhere even remotely close to you?

Beautiful pictures by the way. I love watching lightning when it is close. I go inside when my hair starts standing up.
edit on 11-12-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Here it comes again, thunder, lightning and heavy rain in 15mins!
www.weatherzone.com.au...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
If you look at the weather pattern over Mandurah right now its still like a Cyclonic pattern circling around in one spot.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

strange eh? I been watching it today, the thick storm band coming around now was floating out further south, its done a cycle around. wierd, but cool! wish I was at home on my balcony and not in the cbd working

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm over in SA but it has seemed bizarrely humid/stormy over here over the past 2 months, which is strange because usually here it's desert-dry by now...

great pics too

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join