It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Consent to the Will of God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by LittleByLittle

As if god will ever give up on any soul. Some souls take so extreamly long time to even begin to get it but god and the blessed ones are always waiting for the perfect moment to say hi. It is always only a matter of time.

Lies, lies, and more lies. "God" gave up on our souls the moment he created hell. The only reason to create hell is if there is a selection of souls that he has already decided are not worth his time.

Either be honest about your religion, or come up with a better bs story.

Again I am talking about god, not the view of god taught in the bible that is used for the kindergarden small minded souls that cannot digest solid spiritual knowledge yeet and need everything to be told to them without questioning and understanding.

You teach kindergarden small minded souls like you teach a dog because the cannot understand else than commands. Jesus was teaching at a higher level but he hid what he was really teaching so that his student who was to young to understand would not be overwhelmed.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

reply to post by LittleByLittle

As if god will ever give up on any soul. Some souls take so extreamly long time to even begin to get it but god and the blessed ones are always waiting for the perfect moment to say hi. It is always only a matter of time.

Lies, lies, and more lies. "God" gave up on our souls the moment he created hell. The only reason to create hell is if there is a selection of souls that he has already decided are not worth his time.

Either be honest about your religion, or come up with a better bs story.

Again I am talking about god, not the view of god taught in the bible that is used for the kindergarden small minded souls that cannot digest solid spiritual knowledge yeet and need everything to be told to them without questioning and understanding.

You teach kindergarden small minded souls like you teach a dog because the cannot understand else than commands. Jesus was teaching at a higher level but he hid what he was really teaching so that his student who was to young to understand would not be overwhelmed.

Ick. I know that God is real, but if I didn't, you would not be convincing not even IF you are talking about God. There is NOTHING WRONG with the view of God as taught in the bible and people who continually read the bible are not small minded souls, and EVERYONE should question to understand no matter what!
Geez, I agreed with AfterInfinity about what he said to you at the start, be honest about what the bible teaches, don't demean bible readers as "small minded souls", that's sickening.
"god and the blessed ones are always waiting for the perfect moment to say hi." Riiiiight.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Why do threads of faith always turn into fights betwixt the biblical God and the deity of independent man?
God is with the man who seeks with faith and hope, not those who proclaim to know what source is reliable and basically claim to be demigods themselves.

Where is the humility?
God is with the humble.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
Why do threads of faith always turn into fights betwixt the biblical God and the deity of independent man?
God is with the man who seeks with faith and hope, not those who proclaim to know what source is reliable and basically claim to be demigods themselves.

Where is the humility?
God is with the humble.

I don't see why a man who seeks faith and hope and love can not proclaim to know what source is reliable.
What does it mean for you to be human?
Since Jesus proclaimed that he himself was the reliable source and that his words are the bread of life, then let me ask you this: If there is a spiritual war going on, as the bible says, and that we are to be warriors with spiritual (invisible) armor, just what do you suppose a humble person of faith and hope does with the sword?
Do they sit around and teach and accept and condone lies? Is it the humble thing to do not to stand up for what is right and true? What are you trying to say here?
How are people here "basically claiming to be demigods"? Humility is a misunderstood word. For me it means to place God at the authority of what is right and true, even if it means that rightfully and truthfully that I deserve to be condemned. I suppose that everyone does something to deserve to be condemned, but if they learn from Jesus, they'd stop sinning, (start loving) and love covers a multitude of sins. It is said that love is the SUM of the law, the law has parts, there are plenty of aspects to love, love corrects, love warns, and love doesn't lie or mislead.ect.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Peace to you,

I was trying to convey that each religious thread on this website turns into a battle of the sources. It is not good when a man is overly attached in some sort of way to a book, a person, an item, etc. I did not want this thread to turn to another one of those as all of them do, because in that way it becomes less spiritual and more a matter of pride and oppression. but enough about that.

To address your question of: "If there is a spiritual war going on, as the bible says, and that we are to be warriors with spiritual (invisible) armor, just what do you suppose a humble person of faith and hope does with the sword?
Do they sit around and teach and accept and condone lies? Is it the humble thing to do not to stand up for what is right and true? What are you trying to say here?
How are people here "basically claiming to be demigods"?"

We are supposed to learn the means of denial of the self, as Jesus has shown us. His only pleasure was to do God's will and that is what I was trying to convey in this thread. No, we must not fight physically, nor can we deny others and claim that we ourselves are right, but in fighting we must give the means to others to fight themselves, and overcome their passions and desires, to go along through the night in faith until dawn, where we reach union with God.

It is not humble to stand up for what is right and true, when that truth is taken into possession by man, who gluts himself to the extent of not being able to hold a beam of divine light. I let God judge and hold my judgement upon myself and show to others what I have understood by the grace of God so that they may attain
the means to understand themselves.

It is good to do good and thank God for allowing such to take place through us, that is humility.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by Wonders

Peace to you,

I was trying to convey that each religious thread on this website turns into a battle of the sources. It is not good when a man is overly attached in some sort of way to a book, a person, an item, etc. I did not want this thread to turn to another one of those as all of them do, because in that way it becomes less spiritual and more a matter of pride and oppression. but enough about that.

To address your question of: "If there is a spiritual war going on, as the bible says, and that we are to be warriors with spiritual (invisible) armor, just what do you suppose a humble person of faith and hope does with the sword?
How are people here "basically claiming to be demigods"?"

We are supposed to learn the means of denial of the self, as Jesus has shown us. His only pleasure was to do God's will and that is what I was trying to convey in this thread. No, we must not fight physically, nor can we deny others and claim that we ourselves are right, but in fighting we must give the means to others to fight themselves, and overcome their passions and desires, to go along through the night in faith until dawn, where we reach union with God.

It is not humble to stand up for what is right and true, when that truth is taken into possession by man, who gluts himself to the extent of not being able to hold a beam of divine light. I let God judge and hold my judgement upon myself and show to others what I have understood by the grace of God so that they may attain
the means to understand themselves.

It is good to do good and thank God for allowing such to take place through us, that is humility.

When Jesus says to love your neighbor as yourself, do you take that to mean, deny self but don't deny others? Cursed is the man who trusts in man, lean not on your own understanding.
What is the grace of God in your opinion? Does it mean that you live a life of continual sin without guilt?
Does the phrase "Go and sin no more." mean anything to you? Your answer there would be the determining factor on whether you were paying attention to what Jesus said.

And as for "desires", I would think that in order for a person to pay close attention to what Jesus said, that they would have to have a passion and a desire in order to carry out Jesus' commands and less of a plan to people please.

Even Paul whose words so many people twist, didn't speak to be a people pleaser.

1 Thessalonians 2:4 For we speak as messengers approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News. Our purpose is to please God, not people. He alone examines the motives of our hearts.

edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Does the phrase "Go and sin no more." mean anything to you? Your answer there would be the determining factor on whether you were paying attention to what Jesus said.

How do we learn without sin?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

How do we learn without sin?

Oh it's possible to learn without sin, the best way to learn actually. Sin is anything that isn't love, love is the sum of the law. Let me ask you this: Do you HONESTLY think that a loving person is incapable of learning?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Oh it's possible to learn without sin, the best way to learn actually. Sin is anything that isn't love, love is the sum of the law. Let me ask you this: Do you HONESTLY think that a loving person is incapable of learning?

Love is not knowledge. Without experience, you cannot understand love. If you cannot understand love, you cannot utilize it. Every sin teaches us the reasons that love is important, in all aspects. Every time we sin, every time we pay for sinning, we are learning how to love, and why it is important.

You cannot understand light without knowing the dark. Without the shadow, the flame has no meaning. In order to define something, you must know what it is not. And you must know WHY it is not, and why that is necessary. Without true understanding, you cannot truly grasp its purpose. That is why sin is necessary...it teaches us the purpose of love.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

Love is not knowledge. Without experience, you cannot understand love. If you cannot understand love, you cannot utilize it. Every sin teaches us the reasons that love is important, in all aspects. Every time we sin, every time we pay for sinning, we are learning how to love, and why it is important.

You cannot understand light without knowing the dark. Without the shadow, the flame has no meaning. In order to define something, you must know what it is not. And you must know WHY it is not, and why that is necessary. Without true understanding, you cannot truly grasp its purpose. That is why sin is necessary...it teaches us the purpose of love.

"My people perish for lack of knowledge." You probably have an idea of where that phrase comes from.
Sure you need to know the difference between "light" and "dark", but you definitely don't need commit acts showing a lack of love in order to learn how to love.

"Every sin teaches us"....SERIOUSLY?! Um okay, that's like saying every time we kill a person it helps us to value life all the more...riiiiight.
The lamp goes on the lampstand, not under the basket for reverence to the dark...pfft.
Sin is not necessary, acts of love show us the value of love, imo.

But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things. And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For there is no partiality with God. -Romans 2:2-11

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

"My people perish for lack of knowledge." You probably have an idea of where that phrase comes from.
Sure you need to know the difference between "light" and "dark", but you definitely don't need commit acts showing a lack of love in order to learn how to love.

Do you think children are born already knowing everything there is to know about love? A dying man of 90 doesn't know everything there is to know about love. In mathematics, you have to learn addition AND subtraction. You have to learn what taking something away does to the scheme of things. You have to lose something to learn what it means to you. You have to know pain to know what joy is. It teaches you appreciation. How can you appreciate love until you know what it's like to not have it or to not give it?

Eat rotten apples for a year and tell me that a fresh, crisp, clean apple isn't much more enjoyable than before. A starving man will eat a piece of bread and it will taste better to him than your regular home cooked meals. If you are to know true value, you must have something to compare it to. Comparing red to pink doesn't teach you as much as comparing red to green.

Opposites are necessary for definition. This is a fact.

"Every sin teaches us"....SERIOUSLY?! Um okay, that's like saying every time we kill a person it helps us to value life all the more...riiiiight.

You've never talked to a veteran, have you? Otherwise, you would know how untrue that statement is. I challenge you to find a veteran and ask him how war changed his views of life, and how it affected his appreciation of his loved ones.

Death changes everyone, unless they are emotionally illiterate.

eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality

Immortality? Please. Immortality is a curse, not a blessing. Anyone who chooses immortality over death does not understand life. What would you do with eternal life? Do the same thing over and over again? In the end, the world must change, or you will. And it will probably not be for the better. Those who live long enough will live to see and experience everything again and again, until life no longer has meaning. Death allows us new eyes to see with, new ears to hear with, new tongues to taste with. Everything is new and fresh again.

Is this not worth dying for, in the most literal sense? If not, then why live at all?

No benevolent god will promise immortality, because any true god will understand the price of immortality, and any benevolent god would not bestow such a curse upon anyone. True hell is never dying, because to witness the rise and fall of empires and witness the folly of man again and again, to grow tired of love and pain and joy and sorrow, for all the colors to fade with repetition...

That is true hell.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by backcase

God deliberately gave me the ability to love, hate, laugh, cry, forgive, not forgive, be giving, be selfish, be lustful, greedy, ambitious, aggressive, passive, lazy, do good things, do bad things, be a solution to the problem, be a problem to the solution, be happy, grumpy, joyous, depressed, to be inquisitive, and to sometimes close my eyes.

Why would he give us these things if he didn't want us to experience all of them? I think he wants us to experience what it's like to be human.

I think so too. Beautifully said. Interesting you put love first

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I am a veteran. Killing a person does not make life more bearable.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

"Without God I can do nothing, but with Him I can do everything." feel this quote and the humility it place within you.

What if I just do everything without god?

If I condition myself to believe that I can't do anything without him, I imagine I would have a hard time. But if I condition myself that I can do everything with his absence, I don't really need him do i?

You can attempt to condition yourself to believe anything you wish. And you can never understand why you can do nothing without him until believe in him. It's just something you got to come to for yourself. You have to knock; we can only show you the door.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

God wants us to love Him, and if we try to love Him more and more then as we love our neighbors as ourselves we want them also to love God more. By doing good to others we bring out the good in others. Charity predisposes one to God and His grace. God is our Father, not just a Legislator, and as brothers of light we must awake those who sleep. And to do so is love. What we do to others is what we do to Jesus. Spread peace, don't just try to keep it for yourself.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Because loving "God" has obviously made so many people love each other, right?

Perhaps we should put each other first, considering love of "God" hasn't been doing much. Let's work on first things first.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

we are told to love others as we love ourselves. TheHow can we love others if we do not love ourselves? First we must find out who we, ourselves, truly are, and that we are good. But in order to do so without pride we should know that the good in us comes from God.

The answer is simple, we must find ourselves in God and love others in God because God loves them too

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

we are told to love others as we love ourselves. TheHow can we love others if we do not love ourselves? First we must find out who we, ourselves, truly are, and that we are good. But in order to do so without pride we should know that the good in us comes from God.

The good in me does not come from your "God". I do not rely on a higher power to be a decent person. That is pure 100% me, myself, and I. Oh, and other people I associate with. They prove to me, every day, how wonderful it is to be a good person. It's rewarding, and Christianity never enters into the equations. No restriction, and no punishment. The most telling sign of a decent person is when they do good deeds out of love, not fear. So as long as hell exists, you never really know if the person is kind, or just afraid.

The answer is simple, we must find ourselves in God and love others in God because God loves them too

No. Many Christians spend far too much time singing to the sky, and far too little time working on the ground. People are wasting away around them, but they are oblivious because they have eyes only for their deity and for those who share such faith.

Maybe that's why we have so many Christians - because only the Christians get help when they need it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Sounds like your friends like to brag about yourselves to each other.

The true religion is that of virtue, and humility is one of the many virtues Christ taught.

You are not choosing to build up your soul, only your ego grows.

You sacrifice yourself for too little, when God is with you, you refuse His love.

Peace man

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

"Only a god incapable of judgment is a god that can allow room for free will. If I were to believe in anything else, I would be forced to conclude that there is no point in thinking because the universe would just change my mind anyway."

This is succinct, and apt beyond belief. The capacity to judge a 'creation' of ones own is a finite pursuit performed by a finite creation...not an infinite, omnipotent, omniscient source of all...FREE WILL is indeed useless under any condition that contains judgement by a creator of its creations...a brilliant starting point for all those who are handicapped at the 'no FREE WILL' stage.
The beauty of the the 'system' is INCLUSIVE of dissent (since dessent requires FREE WILL)...and therefore operates in exactly the same way regardless of dissent...and to counter this, cosmologies have invented a logical loophole, (in an adversary), to deflect the responsibility inherent in FREE WILL - instead of embracing the clear path of right action/right thought...in essence - the universe will configure itself into any shape you 'will' it...subjectively speaking, as tiny flames from the great conflagration, we are given the same utilities to create than those which we were created...and philosophical/religious diatribe aside, it is what we observe (albeit with the associated feelings of unworthiness and disbelief)...that 'color' and 'flavour' what we observe and experience.

A99

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join