It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Uxmal...what is to come.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

Perhaps Talented is a bit strong. I know I'd pass on their medical plan and open heart surgery options!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Like always amazing job Kantzveldt
You are one of the more appreciated memebers here in my eyes, I love your threads and Imso thankful we still have true researchers in this community. Your star gate threads blow my mind, but I havent read the China one (after this reply I will of course)

This city you have shown me is astonishing... I try and put myself in "in their shoes".. to understand how they thought, behaved and felt when it came to living in their civilization. So much lost knowledge and mystery of our history.. I cant even make a good judgment of how they lvied they're lives daily! When I percieve our ancient ancestors, it just seems so alien to us modern day people!

They're architecture, artifacts, designs, detail in everything they did.. ancient human kind did not do things for no reason as we do today. Everything had a strong relation to their beleives and understanding of reality and life. Today we ONLY do anything for money! We wait for science to figure things out and blindly follow tyranny which in the end probably want to kill us all...

Off topic abit sorry; but it fascinates me truely, how these civilizations lived and breathed everyday.. the things they understood, the knowledge they had, the creations they made.. mind blowing.

Thanks again K

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The pictures always get me. I wish I could travel and see them myself. Forget any sort of vacation anywhere else. I want to see the ancient ruins of the world. Thank you for this. While they make me sad for some reason, I love them.

S&F....well presented ideas as well.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

What a beautiful cave... it looks like something out of a fantasy story haha.
Great post, fantastic read.
Thanks
edit on 12-12-2012 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

the maize was gathered in and stored until the return of the rains

Also could be a reference to Kundalini-energy stored at the base of the spine dormant until the return of the rains(devotion,meditation,etc). There seem to be a lot of references to Kundalini in the mayan culture if you do a search youll find some stuff on it.
www.indiadivine.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

S&F Excellent OP.

I am sure there is a connection between the Maya & China.

Has it been proven yet?

Will come back later to re-read the OP and your "Stargates of China" thread. Worth a closer look.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Rather misleading title

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Hi kantzveldt,
This might be of interest to you, its not specifically about the Maya per se,
but it mentions the placement of maya temples that have a chaff mool.

After observation of the meridional alignment of these American Southwest sites, I examined other areas for other arrangements. In February of 1991 I first noticed a meridional concentration for the Dzibilchaltun observatory, Merida (prehistoric Tiho), Sayil, Kihoic, Hormiguero, Uaxactun, Tikal, Las Tinajas, and El Trapiche (Tazumal). I termed this longitudinal concentration the "Maya Meridian." On March 21, 1991, while checking the distances between Chac Mools, I noticed the 1/36 of circumference distance (10.0 degrees) from the Tenochtitlan pyramid to the Castillo pyramid at Chichen Itza (both have Chac Mools in their interiors). I also noticed the Tikal to Chichen Itza arc distance of 1/100 of circumference.

www.jqjacobs.net...

And this might help shed light on the striking similarities we see in eurasian and,native American cultural histories.

An article about compartive mythology and such.

Comparative folklorists usually pick one or several motifs and analyze their variants on a regional or global scale. One of the earliest examples is Hyacinthe De Charencey’s comparison of Old World and New World folkloric similarities (Le Folklore dans les Deux Mondes. Paris, Klincksieck, 1894). A similar effort was undertaken 10 years later by Paul Ehrenreich (Die Mythen und Legenden der Sudamerikanischen Urvolker und Ihre Beziehungen zu denen Nordamerikas und der Alten Welt. Berlin: von Asker, 1905). Katharine Luomala (Oceanic, American Indian and African Myths of Snaring the Sun. Honolulu, 1940) looked at the variants of the motif of Snaring the Sun across the New World, Oceania and Africa. Rudolph Rahmann (“Quarrels and Enmity Between the Son and the Moon: A Contribution to the Mythologies of the Philippines, India and the Malay Peninsula,” Folklore Studies 14, 1955, 202-214) analyzed variants of the motif of a quarrel between the Sun and the Moon in South and Southeast Asia. Claude Levi-Strauss authored a famous 4-volume set entitled Mythologiques in which he analyzed a large corpus of North and South American Indian myths to illustrate the binary mechanics of the human mind. Vladimir Napolskish (“The Diving-Bird Myth in Northern Eurasia,” Uralic Mythology and Folklore, edited by Miha ly Hoppal and Juha Pentika inen. Budapest: Ethnographic Institute of the Hungarian Sciences; Helsinki: Finnish Literature Society, 1989, 105-113; Drevneishie etapy proishozhdenija narodov ural’skoi jazykovoi sem’i: Dannye mifologicheskoi rekonstrukcii (praural’skii kosmogonicheskii mif). Moskva: Institut etnologii im. N. N. Mikluho-Maklaja AN SSSR, 1991) studied the variants of the Earth-Diver myth in northern Eurasia and North America. Or, they may study the whole genre of myths such as creation stories, which comprise multiple motifs (Booth, Anna B. 1984. “Creation Myths of the North American Indians,” In Sacred Narrative: Readings in the
Theory of Myth, edited by Alan Dundes. Berkeley: University of California Press.)

They discuss the common themes in early mythology and how they seem to have an origin in the new world,
Might help explain how Maya chacs can show up in early China.

anthropogenesis.kinshipstudies.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

Thanks, your kind comments and thoughts are much appreciated. As you imply societies of today are running on empty, our last resort will be to the magical, and i shall keep trying to find the right enchantment...

reply to post by zedVSzardoz

I think it makes us sad when we compare our present impoverished urban architecture...

reply to post by emeris

I guess one can make comparisons with the greater cosmological schemata and man as microcosm. If i was to speculate along those lines then i'd maybe look at the absolute darkness state of No Mind illuminated by a sudden flash of enlightenment...the calm and darkness before the storm.

reply to post by AuranVector

No, nothing proven there, but i've added to the smoke.

reply to post by bigrex

Not really, it's a suggested literal translation of Uxmal (pron' ooo-chs-mal_, in the sense of Uchaml-'that which is to come'.

There is also the consideration that the name derives from Oxmaal, 'built three times'. Perhaps it is a play on a combination of these words implying 'built three times but more to come'

edit on 12-12-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thank you friend
will put up the pics in the morning. Its bedtime soon here

I really apreciate you taking the time

By the way. Awesome thread you got going here

I will se masked dietys everywhere from now on

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Very welcome

For all the information and research you have given to this site.. you have few stars to show for it. This site is just a news outlet for people living in fear trying to pay attention to 'conspiracies' and the such.. People get massive amoutns of stars for useless information and ideas that serve NO ONE; but when a true-indepth research of our ancient history is presented here on AtS.. a handful care to give it a read

Says enough about this website

Keep up the good work K, you are being noticed, and appreciated

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

i don't know of any cult that has committed more blood sacrifices to terrorize and control the masses than the roman whore of babylon--all in the very name of their demonified christ! so the spanish replaced one brutal hierarchy with another even worse, with its perversion of jesus as the sanctioner of torture and murder to prevent the free exercise of thought or conscience.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
truly magical!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10
They discuss the common themes in early mythology and how they seem to have an origin in the new world,
Might help explain how Maya chacs can show up in early China.

anthropogenesis.kinshipstudies.org...

A similar and highly comprehensive study is Stephen Oppenheimer's Eden in the East which documents global flood myths and folklore. Amazing piece of work. I attempted a couple of years ago to catalogue 'Prometheus' type folklore in conjunction with meteor and comet strikes but fell short due to meagre resources
but again, there is clearly a common thread.

One of the drawbacks to broaching these common themes and threads, is the steadfast way in which most people cling to linear time, ideological dissemination just doesn't work within that framework. Until more can get their heads around the notion of sphere's of influence that reach out with multiple tendrils, much like bacilli or fractal growth, there is going to be this confusion. Ideas are living things that constantly evolve and adapt according to circumstances, or die out (or stagnate), once purpose is served or function becomes moot.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Did the Mayans or Lizard People leave a specific time for the event on 12/21? The Holidays have me running a tight schedule. Oh right the sister loving heart snipping savages did not wear watches they were too busy drinking blood and humping Lizards to predict their own doom much less ours.

The greatest conspiracy of all is it does not take a rogue planet, Illuminati, Pole Shifts, CME's or a New World Order to screw up Life on this planet as morons will do that all for us, and they are everywhere and dominate discussions on pages like this.

Want to help humanity? Send Supermodels into Mothers basements around the globe, when the losers run out in terror hit them in the head with a stick. At that point take the Super Model out and party..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join