It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just a thought.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
hi.
i dont post much, but ive been around for a while.
right now im sitting in the bath doing my annual christmas haul over.

ive got my laptop with me for some washing instructions, a very helpful diy christmas washing guide.

As usual when im about to do boring stuff i drift away in more pleasant activities, and this time i ended up her in the midst of all doom and gloom.

if i fail with the spelling and grammar, then those of you who take offence of that are more than welcome to take it up with someone who cares about your opinion about spelling, like,,, hm,, lets say a shrink who works with obsessive behaviour issues.

There, what was it now that i had on my mind.................. ahh i got it now.

climate change, not to many disspute that as a fact, the reason for the change is a whole different thing.

but my thought goes something like this. how come that in a place like this, where the apocalypse ist hailed in tribute for bringing some excitement in to the mundane, there is no popular thread about the fact that we within a four year period are majorly screwed if we dont act now.

but there are plenty popular threads about the maya doom n gloom, and other apocalyptic senarios that aint got no real hard proof, hey dont get me wrong here, i buy in to a lot of scetchy subjects, but i worry allso about the real stuff thats out there.

is it because folks in general on this site use this site as a kind of escape from reality straight in to fairytaleland, and therefore get a lump in the belly of real SHF scenarios and choose to not see it.

and how come that we are so incredible understimulated that we must seek our chemical brain releases in theories about how the world is going to end.

if one live an pleasant and satisfactory life, then one dont need explanations of the unexplainable, or?

i love my wife, i love my kids, i love my home, i love my work, i love my hobbies and have both time and money enough to act on them.
in short, i live a very good life with lots of endorfin and adrenalin,
yet i still keep searching for answers that i probably will never get, how come?

how come that we humans willingly lean back out of lazyness in front of the tv channels, many who hates there life even, instead of rising up to the things that are unjust and screwed up in the world.

is it that simple that instead of following our inner voyce telling oss that we feel bad about our lifes and what we need to do to fix it, out of lazyness seeks the answers at the therapeuts,
for f___ s sake, we dont need someone to tell us why we feel bad, we only need to listen at our own thoughts,

going to a job that one hates, sleeping with a partner who has lost its flame for you, kissing the ass of someone you despise, and so on, our mind tells us these things are bad for us,

all we need to do is to start lissening to our own voices and act upon them,
follow our own path instead of someone elses,

how come that what is supposed to be the most easy thing in the world, like follow ones own instinct, in fact is the hardest thing in the world.

well time to start scrubbing, and please dont mind the fact that i sat completley naked in all my sexiness, soaked in shimmering water while i wrote this little bathtub rant.

hugs n kisses all
jimmy, the soon to be clean swede

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
OK..I may be addicted to ATS, but never to the point where I felt the need to bring my laptop in the bath with me...
kinda dangerous, y'know???
Secondly, that's a lotta mixed thoughts in one post.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

This is the psychology forum. A spilled brain-bucket like this is the equivalent of finding someone's diaries abandoned in the bureau that's been hidden in the back of your attic for the last 30 years. It's a glimpse into someone else's world, the most precious gift a person can give. There are many things in this world that are valuable - understanding is one of the greatest.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Haha, yeah well danger is my middle name.
Doing all sorts of risky things all the time, like licking the envelope instead of buying envelopes with real glue just to feel alive

But thanks for caring about my safety

Yep a LOT of thoughts
just figured they would go away if i throwed them out there

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

This is the psychology forum. A spilled brain-bucket like this is the equivalent of finding someone's diaries abandoned in the bureau that's been hidden in the back of your attic for the last 30 years. It's a glimpse into someone else's world, the most precious gift a person can give. There are many things in this world that are valuable - understanding is one of the greatest.

Agreed...but thats a lot of thinking for one bath.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jisujaaljo
[H]ow come that we humans willingly lean back out of lazyness in front of the tv channels, many who hates there [their] life even, instead of rising up to the things that are unjust and screwed up in the world[?]

Because it is the path of least resistance. Ignorance is bliss. Self-educating is difficult. Philosophy is worthless. Reality is difficult. Waste time here to gain time in eternity.

In order to rise up, one must get off the couch. In order for someone to tackle problems, he must first tackle his own problems.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Hi

Glad you like buckets of spilled stuff,
I think. Hehe, well, whats the verdict then, am i completley bonkers or is it normal thinking patterns ive spilled.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by jisujaaljo
[H]ow come that we humans willingly lean back out of lazyness in front of the tv channels, many who hates there [their] life even, instead of rising up to the things that are unjust and screwed up in the world[?]

Because it is the path of least resistance. Ignorance is bliss. Self-educating is difficult. Philosophy is worthless. Reality is difficult. Waste time here to gain time in eternity.

In order to rise up, one must get off the couch. In order for someone to tackle problems, he must first tackle his own problems.

Reality is not difficult. It is only difficult when you want it to be different. Then it is you that is difficult. This difficulty can be eliminated, then all 'your' problems will be solved.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jisujaaljo

All right, all right. I'll go and change that axle shaft joint on my jeep. I've been spending time here on ATS so I don't have to do it. It's got to be fixed or I will have to bring it to a garage. Thanks for the kick in the butt.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Well, what can i say.
You sir got some class.
Correcting all my spelling whitout a the need to scream to the whole world that you are better at spelling than me.
Respect.
Oh and very true indeed, your reply that is.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Haha, well even though it wasnt my intention to scare anyone away in to hard labour, im happy for the fact that you took the time to leeve you fotprint in the thread.

Happy carfixing.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You wanna know strange thoughts? I take a leaf from Alice's book and imagine 10 impossibilities before I finish my morning coffee.

1. I'm gonna get married.

2. I'm not gonna kill my kids.

3. Someone will actually like me.

I kid. But my thoughts are a dangerous place to be. Ever seen Cat in The Hat? That little cartoon world they fall into? That's my head.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Are you really sitting Ina bathtub with your computer? .....I bet if you put the computer down, and sit and relax in the bath tub you will feel better! You know sort of a mild meditation? You can't relax if your on the computer, and if you allow yourself to relax I bet you may sort through some of your questions..just a thought!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Ouch, telling and scary thoughts indeed.

Am i going to get married, and risk getting dumped on the altar. Or even worse, find my mate in bed with someone else than me in the future, and then feel like a dumbass for being so trusting as to marry a liar.

I wont kill my kids, therefore i will not let them go to the party without a warm hat on their heads, because if you dont keep warm, then you will get a cold.
And if you catch a cold, then you get a sour throat.
And if you get a sour throat you have to wisper.
And everybody knows that if you wisper, you are a liar.
And that liars are thieves is common knowlege.
And if you steal then you also do drugs.
And drugs kill so. Nope no party without a hat.

And what if someone likes me. Little old me. For being nothing but me.
That would firstly require me beeing me in front of somebody else than me. Real scary.

Aint all our minds scary in the sence that we are terrifyed of showing whats really in there.

Heres a hug

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

Yep i really was in the tub with my laptop.
I actually meditate quite often.

But not in the tub. In the tub i read and today i wrote even.
But i guess your right in that some truth and some sorting will come out of relaxing.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Lots of of creativity comes from writing! Not many people of this generation do that..they play video games instead..keep up the writing!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Everything can be explained by narrowing them down to concepts. I would go into a lot more detail but I hate typing out long ideals, because I feel their a waste of reading time. I mean, who wants to read all day when the point can be made short and clear.

Anyways...your answers:

Everyone and everything perceives, forms concepts of their perceptions, and then tries to reproduce the concepts.

Grief, anger, and fighting arises when concepts are threatened.

Happiness, love, and bliss arises when concepts are affirmed.

Feelings, doubt, skepticism, and other mental disorders are our minds way of protecting its concepts.

One who is skeptical only wants affirmed concepts. One who is gullible doesn't care. However, they both want concepts, and they usually try to reproduce said concepts once they have them.

That's it... that's the secret to life, the universe, and everything.

42 = concept (re)production

People who do not share their concepts are in protection mode. They fear their concepts may be threatened so they do not share them.

People do not talk about the real sht fan stuff, or rather, they down play it, because they're afraid it threatens the reproduction of their concepts.

If you found out tomorrow that your wife has cheated on you and your kids hate your guts, and they now call the other man daddy, your happiness would end and grief, anger, etc would step in. Your happiness is just your concept of "what's good", being affirmed to have been produced, but it's just a fairy tale that exists only in the mind.

Which leads me to have to tell you... all concepts are fairy tales. The only difference in truths and fairy tales are the amount of people who agree to share or affirm said concept.

And last but not least, humans aren't the only ones who suffer from concept production - it's not just a human thing. It shows its presence in all existence.

42 is literally concept (re)production.

eta: sorry if that went way too deep, as you may have only wanted a superficial answer. I have a hard time stopping myself. :facepalm:

edit on 12/11/2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Woooah!
Someone is having the brain switched on

I think what you're saying is that as long as life lives up to our expectations all is good an dandy.
And if our expectations are punshed in the face by life we get sad.
Thus all happyness and sorrow is the result of fulfilled expectations or unfulfilled expectations.

That makes sense. But it still dont explain why many seems to prefer to roll around in misery, instead of doing something about it.
Or, perhaps it does in a way.
Thanks for the short answer friend

Would have been cool to get to look at the long one.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Well people aren't as evolved as you're assuming.

Also, we can't just stop being a product of concept production.

That is to say, it goes much deeper than just our malfunctioning minds.

Concept production is the root of all.

edit: You're looking at the malfunctions of people as you see them, but they are just trying to protect concepts just as you are, by trying to protect them by speaking out about the sht fan. They protect in a different way.

The truth is, there's really no problem that truly exists as you're thinking. Problems and perfection are just fairy tales given as a by product from concept production.

You're just brushing the surface... think deeper.

edit on 12/11/2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

You aren't bad at explaining that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join