It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a proud dad :)

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
My son started taking karate a month ago, he loves it. Last night, he took his yellow belt test and passed. The praise his instructors have for him and his potential has me so filled with pride in him. The school he goes to, in my opinion, is one of the BEST schools here in my town. You get a very warm comfortable feeling when you walk in, the owner and her instructors he has are some of the kindest, caring people you can meet. You can tell the love they have the sport, and how they care about other people.
Anyhow, here's pics of me and him, and the video I took of his test, and I wanted to share it with you guys

poor kid looks exhausted lol

edit on 12/11/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Congrats, one of the best things I did for a family member was get them into martial arts. Probably only because it helped them focus their energy on something, and gave them something to be a part of. They were slipping, heading in the wrong direction, but turned it around fast.

Never too young to get them started with something that will encourage positive growth.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You seem to be a very fine daddy Homer

if one day i have kids .. i will come to see you for advices

Didnt know Bart was doing Karate !
must have missed that episode

anyway congrat to him for his yellow belt

soon he will be able to kick ur arss if you dont give him an ipad for Christmas ahah
edit on 12/11/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

What a handsome young man you have there Homer...I can see why you are bustin' with pride....

Des

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

That's a great achievement and you've every right to be proud! Good to see kids getting involved in meaningful self-development.

And only two deductions for his assesment: that's an excellent performance!

All the best to you and your family -- and especially to your son for putting in the effort and getting the well-deserved reward. Onward and upward!

Mike

edit on 11/12/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Tell him congratulations! Stick with it and stay focused. My kids trained with Sense Bill from Ft.Bragg and learned lots. Son was a blue belt and daughter was a brown belt- black stripe. They are grown now, but learned a lot and I believe it helped them become better kids because of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

That's awesome Homer. He'll be a better person in life. I'm sure you've already noticed his confidence boost.

I use to take martial arts years ago and the adult classes were after the children's classes so when I arrived early I sat and watched the kids learn.
I've seen uncontrollable kids that couldn't even sit still turn around and learn to control themselves and even bring up their grades in school. All while having fun. They had to turn their report card in to the Sense and he would direct more of his attention to the ones that were not doing as good in school. He usually turned them around by building their confidence which in turn made their grades better next report card.

Many get the wrong idea from martial arts. They automatically think your child will take whats learned and beat up every other kid. While this could happen with a bad teacher most of them will teach not to hit others but to defend themselves all while building their confidence. Children with confidence don't usually go around beating up others.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Congratulations to your little guy! It's important for a kid to know self defense these days.
Good job!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Way to go! I don't blame you a bit for being proud. Karate has helped my family immensely, as I know it will yours also.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Homer, tell him congratulations for me

You have every right to be proud of him. He looks good in that gi as well!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Congrats proud Dad!!! Your post has made my day. It's the best thing thst I've read on ATS for AGES!!!!!

Thank you to you both!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Aaww :-) love the pic of you+your son.Very wise to have one's child take up a martial art,wish i could do the same,but where we live,no such available.Good for you both:-)!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
TY for the kind comments everyone

new topics

top topics

join