It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next-gen US drone: now equipped with ‘death ray’ laser

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
rt.com...

First they could send up stuff to fly around and watch us.
Then they could kill us one target at a time.
Now they can just fly around and keep killing.

And you wonder why people hate America and want revenge against the great Satan.

When does it stop?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
rt.com...

First they could send up stuff to fly around and watch us.
Then they could kill us one target at a time.
Now they can just fly around and keep killing.

And you wonder why people hate America and want revenge against the great Satan.

When does it stop?

Every country develops weapons. The only reason other countries hate us is that we have the means to produce these things and they don't.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The more they lose control the more their fantasies of super robots, super beings, super warriors, super weapons exhilarate. What one can expect from a falsely created super power and empire which is the most indebted on this planet amongst the rest - and even worst than Greece.

I like this comment from cyberoneiric.

It seems like this kind of technology could open up a whole new can of worms though; as the article states, it is theorized that a swarm of these UAVs could defeat a defense network. What happens when the offensive technology surpasses the defensive technology? And if Russia has these, I'm sure China does too, and as the world's manufacturer, that's kindof interesting to consider. China could swarm our a**es with these things.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
and the equipment to go to their country and kill lots of their innocent civilians trying to get to them

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill

When does it stop?

For one, when you stop calling us the "Great Satan".
That's just downright offensive.

For two...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CincinnatiReds

Actually, the reason many people "hate" America is because Americans go around the world killing people in large numbers, men wome and children, for complete BS reasons, and propping up dictatorships doing the same.

I, for one, have nothing but contempt, for the US military machine which, lets face it, is nothing to do with defence or protecting Americans, and everything to do with offence and murder in foreign lands for the benefit of the bankers and corporations (and a nasty little foreign nation that dictates US foreign policy).

Of course, American arrogance dictates that we all want to be like Americans and are jealous in some way. If that makes them feel somehow superior, then I'm afraid the place is even more effed up than I already thought!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Of course, American arrogance dictates that we all want to be like Americans and are jealous in some way. If that makes them feel somehow superior, then I'm afraid the place is even more effed up than I already thought!

That would be a very ignorant view of even a fraction of Americans... That is not what we are like. We don't like our government any more than you, but your hatred doesn't end there does it?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Have you ever thought that there are those who want to kill others...all in the name of religion and subjugating them? Regardless of whether it’s the US or not? Do the Tube bombings ring a bell?

We’re just giving them the opportunity to play on their own turf. It’s cheaper for everybody involved.

That said, I am a advocate for total war, not this pin-prick death by a thousand cuts thing that mankind wages nowadays.

As far as I am concerned, if you attack us, we utterly destroy you. After the enemy unconditionally surrenders, then we institute a version of the Marshall Plan.

It worked for the Axis after WW2.

edit on 11-12-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Actually, the reason many people "hate" America is because Americans go around the world killing people in large numbers, men wome and children, for complete BS reasons, and propping up dictatorships doing the same.

I, for one, have nothing but contempt, for the US military machine which, lets face it, is nothing to do with defence or protecting Americans, and everything to do with offence and murder in foreign lands for the benefit of the bankers and corporations (and a nasty little foreign nation that dictates US foreign policy).

you mean these wonderful leaders, kadaffi, bin laden, hitler, mussolini, hussein, tojo, ...the muslim fundementalists with their sharia law have murdered tens of thousands of people, but they are not counted and it's not reported. or how about north korea, or pol pot, or the mass exterminations in africa by a whole host of murderous leaders. stalin of russia mudered millions of his own people...please, history is not on your side of this arguement.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

yeah americas so evil for trying to keep terrorists from throwing battery acid in the faces of little girls for the crime of learning to read.

We should know by now that forcing your children to live in cloth bags and beating them when they try to escape is what freedom is all about.

Islam has shown itself to be disgusting, so has every other religion... other than buddism. I say burn them all to the ground. We can care about the sovreign rights of nations when all the religious people are removed from society.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Here is the video referred to in the Article. I have pretty much verified everything else in the article through Darpa's own website. Darpa

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
There's no such thing as a death ray and Jesse Ventura and Dr. Judy Wood are nuts.
There's no such thing as drones either; that's a conspiracy theory started by extremist muslims to make us look like unethical killers.
The Tooth Fairy is in control and don't you forget it.

Actually this scares the poo out of me and is right along the lines of what I've figured they've been working on.
Of course we're crazy to believe this would ever be used against the general population.
It's purely coincidental that they want 30,000 drones in US airspace before 2016.
I'm switching to heavy duty foil in my new hat!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Islam has shown itself to be disgusting, so has every other religion... other than buddism. I say burn them all to the ground. We can care about the sovreign rights of nations when all the religious people are removed from society.

Hitler tried that already.
Atheism was very popular in Stalinist Russia but people don't seem to learn do they?
Don't worry, it's coming back in vogue and maybe you'll get your chance to kill some religious "kooks".

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The headline is incorrect.

No drones have been equipped with HELLADS. Ground testing of the complete system has not been completed and no airborne tests have been done.

Since lasers are severely limited by problems with weather and line of sight visibility, the primary target for such a weapon would be airborne.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

All of this coming from a Brit? Hmmmm. How many years did the British ruled the world(if not all but majority of the world)? How did they go about acquiring/conquering kingdoms/regions? Could you care to share some of the colourful/colorful history of Great Britain?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Really? And other countries do not kill without laser and no reasons? Lets be realistic please.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

That's basically a sales ad they put together, to show what it will look like IF the Predator C gets a laser system installed. And DARPA is working on a great many things.

But HELLADS is just now supposed to have a completed prototype, and won't have the first test firing on the ground until next year.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CincinnatiReds
Every country develops weapons. The only reason other countries hate us is that we have the means to produce these things and they don't.

No, its that your country uses more weapons than any other one, against dozens of other countries, without cease. Its not jealousy, it is fear that produces such hatred.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

yeah americas so evil for trying to keep terrorists from throwing battery acid in the faces of little girls for the crime of learning to read.

We should know by now that forcing your children to live in cloth bags and beating them when they try to escape is what freedom is all about.

Religious extremists can be bat # crazy, but the kool-aid they are getting is the same thing you are getting, just different flavor.

Keeping terrorists from throwing.. gimme an effin break.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
now what i want to know first off, if this stuff is so top secret, whos getting the information????

are these drones even real, and if they are why would you neccessarily think that they are american, has the president or anyone else for that matter someone whos not a conspiracy theorist give you this information, did the military give you this information, where are you getting this information, and please dont tell me from a website,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join