Federal Employees Make an Average $32,000 More than Private Sector

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
news.investors.com... uT2Qk

That's right, your in the wrong market. You may have lost your job, but since taking office, the O administration has hired 143 thousand more. Over a hundred more each day every day and isn't going to get rid of this practice. So now we who have no jobs will be taxed to pay for these jobs which make more than we ever hoped to.

Makes sense...right.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
No what makes no sense is the constant whining and complaining of people, that continually vote against their economic interests. Despite having certain issues with public sector employment, it is important to understand that they aren't evil or leeches, they are trying to hold onto what they have like everyone else. Want to complain, want to whine, fine but please for the love of God whine and complain about the real problem crappy trade policy designed to undercut the private sector workers in an effort to destroy the unions. It isn't the public sector that is the real problem. It is the private sector employers paying garbage wages expecting the tax payers to make up the difference straining the social safety nets.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
From the report I just read people on government assistance get more money in benefits than I make.

So to recap government workers and government freeloaders both make more than the private sector.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that it should be felonious for any publicly funded (i.e. taxpayer) worker to organize a union. I'm not necessarily 100% against unions in general, more like 65% against unions. The reason I think it should be illegal for public employees to join a union is that unlike the private sector there is no recourse against them. In the private sector, the management ALWAYS has the option of shutting down and liquidating a company if they cannot reach a deal with their unionized workforce. Governments do not have that option, they only have one recourse when promises negotiated by public sector unions cannot be kept due to budgetary concerns---RAISE TAXES ON EVERYONE ELSE. Some states are worse off than others in this regard, and I believe Illinois will be the first state begging to the Federal government for money to fund the obligation that they have both negotiated and written into their constitution.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
For one, the source is incredibly bias.

And two, while I think we need to shrink the federal government, the workers are not over paid. Salaries are less in the federal government than in the private sector. The jobs are just more often high skill jobs.

Fifty-one percent of federal employees have at least a college degree, compared with 35 percent in the private sector.
Five myths about the federal workforce

The federal workforce is much more educated than the general population, has a higher percentage of professional jobs, and therefore makes more money on average. Not complicated.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
142,000 new workers out of 2.2 million is approx 6%

That report found the average civilian federal government worker collected just under $84,000 a year in taxpayer money, about $32,000 more than the average private sector worker. That's a total federal worker package of about $236 billion a year. Read More At IBD: news.investors.com... TRK1E

6% of $236 billion is $13 billion in new employee costs.
For what exactly may we ask?

I've never known a Federal worker to be laid off or fired yet could name dozens who were forced to leave private sector jobs. Even when they screw up Federal employees rarely lose their jobs. After 9/11 those who goofed often got promotions. Not sure how that works exactly.

What about the "Czar" positions?
Are they included in these figures?
edit on 11-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Just know this: U.S. Postal Workers wages are not paid from taxes, unlike corporations and large oil companies that outsource jobs to foreign countries.

So please do not dump them in with politicians, etc.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Pay them market wage and you have solved the budget problem.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

If only. You could take all of the accrued wealth in America and it will only pay 1 year of the U,S, budget

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I remember when the public sector made about 85% of what the private sector did for the same position but employees took it for job security and the benefits.
edit on 11-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's good to be the King!!

73% of new jobs created in the last 5 months are govt. jobs!! Way to pad the job numbers right before an election!!

While the media pants with exhilaration over a dip in the unemployment level that was created by over a half-million people giving up and dropping out of the workforce, a deep-dive into the employment numbers also reveals that it's mainly government workers benefitting from what meager job growth we are seeing. Over the last five months, 73% of all jobs created were government jobs. Moreover, the unemployment rate for government workers plunged to 3.8% in November -- which is considered full employment.

3.8% unemployment rate among govt. workers in November. No wonder DC is so blinded to the plight of the average American.

How is this for reality.

according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, of the 847,000 new jobs created since June, a full 621,000 were government jobs. In November alone, 35,000 new government jobs were created.

In other words, as the labor participation rate plummets to a thirty year low -- which means we have fewer taxpayers -- we're not only increasing the number of taxpayer-funded jobs, but the government is using the creation of these jobs to juice the employment numbers in a way that makes it look as though the job situation is actually improving.

Fewer people paying taxes and yet the burden on the tax system increases in order to pay these new highly paid workers. Hey. just tax the rich.... that will fix everything... Let's higher more IRS agents in 2013 to enforce Obamacare mandates. God only knows how much that will cost.

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 11-12-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You can't fix Stupid! The last election demonstrated that over 50% of Americans have descended into either willful ignorance or outright stupidity. In either event, I've learned that neither deficiency can be corrected.

Nope... the game is over. This needed to be addressed 30 years ago when the communists were infiltrating our education system with the goal of indoctrinating and programming. We have lost an entire generation of Americans to this programming. Take a look at this vid... Nazi youth!

Fascism is now fashionable. While these children were being fed a steady diet of propaganda and revised history, their parents were out buying BMWs on credit and partying endlessly instead of parenting.

We're screwed! It's already over... we're just waiting for the corpse to cool off enough to bury it in the ground.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I would like to know how they determine average. You don't see department heads pulling in multi-million dollar salaries. Very few people make over a GS-12 which is about 100,000.

The jobs I have seen pay a base way a little less than the market but make up for it in really good benefits.

As someone said, most Federal jobs are not unskilled labor. It's pretty complex and important work.

You can't keep sinking down American wages. I'm sure there a plenty of people who will do American jobs for two meals a day and a nice tent. Is that what you want?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Now that's HILARIOUS! I'm a federal employee. I sure wish I made $32k more than the same job in the private sector!

Although this article does not actually compare apple to apples, does it? It compares a specific skill set job, requiring a Bachelor's Degree, and compares it to flipping burgers. In that case, yes, I probably make $32k more per year than the burger flipper. As it should be.

By the logic in this garbage article, there are million upon millions of people in the private sector making 32k or more per year above other people. It's called career advancement. Losers.
edit on 11-12-2012 by usernameconspiracy because: added "stuff"

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
No what makes no sense is the constant whining and complaining of people, that continually vote against their economic interests. Despite having certain issues with public sector employment, it is important to understand that they aren't evil or leeches, they are trying to hold onto what they have like everyone else. Want to complain, want to whine, fine but please for the love of God whine and complain about the real problem crappy trade policy designed to undercut the private sector workers in an effort to destroy the unions. It isn't the public sector that is the real problem. It is the private sector employers paying garbage wages expecting the tax payers to make up the difference straining the social safety nets.

Throw in people living beyond their means and by extension throwing money at companies and by extension their CEOs and shareholders when they really cant afford it. The companies are posting record profits, if you all keep sending them money, what exactly is their incentive to change anything at all? Somebody seems to have the money to drive their profit margin up.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Most government workers don't get paid minimum wage because there aren't that many minimum wage government jobs.

As numerous people have already mentioned, a government job is generally a skilled labor job. Where are all the people that normally proclaim that government doesn't create jobs? Where are they to say that 2.2 million people just pretend to bring home a paycheck?

At the same time though, government workers don't have to watch as their leadership languishes themselves with multi-million dollar bonuses and raises each year. Government workers don't have to worry about a dip in the stock prices forcing layoffs of hundreds of coworkers because of some Wall St. number-cruncher miscalculated that quarters earnings.

Government jobs are good jobs because they're stable. Union jobs are good jobs because you get paid a fair wage. Everything else is just throwing yourself under the money-driven, capatalist locomotive careening up and down Wall St. eating up all of your money and benefits so the multi-million dollar passengers can get the 'thrill' of going faster and faster.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This isn't true in my field (systems administration). Every position that I have been looking at has had a higher pay range in the private sector (for the most part) compared to the government. However, government employees have access to better benefits, and more time off.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is why we have $400.00 hammers and $300.00 toilet seats. It is inefficiency at it's finest. The gov never does anything smart. In the private sector, the guy with the revolutionary plan gets promoted...he scores cash for the company and everyone is happy....in the GOV...if you find a way to streamline things...you get canned. The Gov is the absolute worst organization in the world....completely inefficient.

I do not understand the people that love GOV....it is NOT your friend. It works to control you, label you and steal from your community....there is absolutely nothing good about it. If you think that because they are willing to feed you they are good guys...I offer this for your edification....

Those of you that do not understand what this video is so excellently saying...I can only offer my hopes and prayers....You are a human and I have a love for you....but you do not understand that you are walking to the gas chambers...freely and willingly...and it is terrible and aweful....
edit on 12/11/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

I say we all get payed like chinese laborers so we can bring back somejobs. we just can all down size our homes and our luxuries. We can bring back jobs if we tell corporations that.

At the same time chinese laborers will grow a pair and start pushing for labor reform. Then we can get those jobs back.. meanwhile in china their quality of life will go up and we won't have a life because we will be perpetually working for miserable wages to sustain the consumption of the chinese.
edit on 12-12-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-12-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Is anyone wondering why the postal service lost 16 billion this year?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join

$('#skin').click(function(){ window.location.href = "http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1008463/pg1"; });