It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by randomname
so, humanity has the ability to run a simulation and this is the best we can come up with.
death, war, famine, evil, poverty, disease, suffering and every other human sorrow you can think of.
what would be the point.
The six initial projects to use Titan include:
- - S3D, a project that models fine grain physics surrounding combustion aiming to improve the efficiency of diesel and biofuel engines.
- - In 2009, they produced the first fully resolved simulation of autoigniting hydrocarbon flames relevant to the efficiency of direct injection diesel engines using Jaguar.
- - The WL-LSMS project simulates the interactions between electrons and atoms in magnetic materials at temperatures other than absolute zero.
- - Denovo simulates nuclear reactions with the aim of improving the efficiency and reducing the waste of nuclear reactors.
- - Large-scale Atomic/Molecular Massively Parallel Simulator (LAMMPS) is a molecular dynamics code that simulates particles across a range of scales from atomic to relativistic to improve materials science with potential improvements to semi-conductors, biomolecules and polymers.
- - Community Atmosphere Model, a global atmosphere model, and High Order Method Modeling Environment, a code that solves fluid and thermodynamic equations. CAM-SE will allow greater accuracy in climate simulations.
- - Non-Equilibrium Radiation Diffusion (NRDF) plots non-charged particles through supernovae with potential applications in laser fusion, fluid dynamics, medical imaging, nuclear reactors, energy storage and combustion.
Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
How do we know man invented computers, simulations and all ideas in regards to computers?
If man invented the computer and simulation, are we to say he invented reality as well?
Answer: common sense.
Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by 0bserver1
I am not sure I believe it or not but I will add this video as my contribution to your thread.
I thought this video was interesting.
At about 3 minutes 50 seconds is the interesting part.edit on 11-12-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by redbore
If we are indeed in simulation it would probably also mean that we don't really have freedom of choice. Everything that happens is dictated by the rules of the simulation and the start-setting. They may re-start the simulation anytime and they would end up with the exact same situation.
Currently we have many simulated worlds for entertainment (Sims, WoW, etc.), maybe this is also for entertainment and we are just NPC's (non-player characters) and the people running the simulation have fun by controlling powerful characters, the president of the US for example .
variables and glitches in environmental data stream 1111 1010 111 222 333 444 555 666 777 888 999
Originally posted by Malynn
Providing links to Wikipedia does not = proof. Man saying they invented something doesn't make it true. How do we know someone from another planet did not invent computers and give the design to an Earth human? How do we know that other civilizations a long way away did not invent computers millions of years ago? I realize your answer to this will likely be that "there are no beings or civilizations other than ours." I say prove that.edit on 12/11/12 by Malynn because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Hasnt it already been proven that nothing exists without something to observe it?