It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we live in a computer simulation? researchers say idea can be tested!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
What if we created this program a kind of "total recall" experience where we are totally emersed in this computer game or experience that we have created. No virtual reality goggles of gloves...we are inside the reality? I keep feeling that someday I am going to wake up in a dark room when this all is over and realize that it was just a game.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nf1del

Originally posted by redbore

Currently we have many simulated worlds for entertainment (Sims, WoW, etc.), maybe this is also for entertainment and we are just NPC's (non-player characters) and the people running the simulation have fun by controlling powerful characters, the president of the US for example

Let's go deeper down the rabbit hole, maybe they are controlling "god", maybe "god" is part of the simulation as well?

I also think about this lately... Then the one that bothers me is "Who created they?"

I also imagine a possibility that when we combine our knowledge together, we can create an alternate dimension for all of us, a final dimension, singularity.

So even if we are inside a machine, and this machine is turned off, we can still escape to that dimension we create.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
After conducting a lot of research into this I believe it is a distinct possibility that we are actually in a simulation.
I have wrote an entire article on this subject over at Tsecretguy.
Four Crazy reasons We may be living inside a Computer Simulation.
edit on 29-8-2015 by TSecretGuy because: Forgot article

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
A decade ago, a British philosopher put forth the notion that the universe we live in might in fact be a computer simulation run by our descendants. While that seems far-fetched, perhaps even incomprehensible, a team of physicists at the University of Washington has come up with a potential test to see if the idea holds water.

The concept that current humanity could possibly be living in a computer simulation comes from a 2003 paper published in Philosophical Quarterly by Nick Bostrom, a philosophy professor at the University of Oxford.
In the paper, he argued that at least one of three possibilities is true:

• The human species is likely to go extinct before reaching a “posthuman” stage.

• Any posthuman civilization is very unlikely to run a significant number of simulations of its evolutionary history.

• We are almost certainly living in a computer simulation.

He also held that “the belief that there is a significant chance that we will one day become posthumans who run ancestor simulations is false, unless we are currently living in a simulation.”

We could also be Artificial Intelligence programs being evaluated/trained/evolved in a simulated environment before being used in the real world

In fact, AI researchers are strongly considering this approach to develop future AI. Especially to test if the AI will become dangerous.....The best/safest way to test it is obviously through a simulated environment that is completely isolated from the real world..

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Then we might say we are gods and our creators are also been created, like a multi verse of creators building there own universe .. and someday the AI will look back and starts to ask where did it all begin?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join