It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company says it has made an invisibility cloak

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Well, I could see it being kept under wraps for a few reasons. One, to protect the rights to the stuff, and two, to keep enemies from knowing how it's done. Otherwise, any advantage would be lost. That said, there is a lot of room for abuse with something like this. Those that had it could use it in ways that would violate the rights of citizens, and to commit other crimes.

If it is real, i don't know that we would even hear; they might prefer people forget. I remember, some years back, seeing some show on "possible future" technologies, that included invisibility armor. I would not be at all surprised if they had it, even then.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hmmm....Does anyone see a rise in "Black Ops" happening in the very near future? Assassinations could be carried out with extreme ease using one of these not to mention a lighter weight gunny suit for snipers.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Sad that it will be kept hidden, I can only imagine what bending light in such a way could be useful for.

I wonder if such a material, when applied to roofs in hotter areas, would provide nice insulation?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Thank you for this information. I am quite interested in this as well and have been snooping around. I do not know how it works, just that there are no batteries. And from your post of plastic course surface sounds a lot like porosity within the cover layer and throughout subsequent layers. Seamed layers would lead me to believe that alignment is important.

So I started thinking and remembering other data points and what made a lot of sense was Graphene nanotubes situated in a matrix. In my job, I work with thin film materials and graphene nanotubes are being used within a thin polymer multi layer (approx 5-7mm) for bendable displays. It's in the development stage. So I thought, with some mods, why couldn't it work here, with this? Instead of a powered and lighted pixel for a display, the background becomes a display. In effect, mechanically bending the light around said object.

Here's a link that better describes the concept I tried to discuss (poorly, sorry).

pico.phys.columbia.edu...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions
reply to post by ignorant_ape

How so?.

as this farce continutes :

you claim that the material is 5mm thick - the company claims you can make a parachute out of it

you claim it doesnt protect a moving target - the company claims it does - in 3 seperate claims

both your , and the companys claims of how it works are to be blunt - utter twaddle

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It is important to remember that while it is impossible to create a Harry Potter invisibility cloak because the laws of nature forbid it, it is possible to come really close through illusion. And that is what this cloak is about. It is not about you wearing it, standing right next to me, and I don't know you're there. If I knew you were there, I could tell exactly where you are. The point Guy is trying to make though, is that if you didn't know to look for someone then you're probably not going to know they are there. The human eye can spot "fakeness" pretty well, but it can also easily skip over something if it doesn't jump out at them. We all can attest to this. For example: Looking for the car keys.

So, some of us here would do well to remember that no one is claiming they have a magical invisibility cloak. They are claiming, however, to have the next best and only thing mankind will ever be able to achieve. And oh yes, it will make a difference on the battlefield if true. No one ever called stealth aircraft useless.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Does it work in locker rooms?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Originally posted by SoulVisions
reply to post by ignorant_ape

How so?.

as this farce continutes :

you claim that the material is 5mm thick - the company claims you can make a parachute out of it

you claim it doesnt protect a moving target - the company claims it does - in 3 seperate claims

both your , and the companys claims of how it works are to be blunt - utter twaddle

Ok sir, think what you want. I shared how thick the initial material is. They said it could be used by parachuters. That has nothing to do with the thickness of the material other than another layer of cloth being spread under it.

I also shared about the plating, the reasons why, and how the company already uses a layered "armor" in their uniforms already being sold. The idea is that it fits behind the material. Why is this so hard to understand?

And my company claims come from from a direct source. Call it Twaddle if you like though. I'd like to know what you know about it since you have all of the answers?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If you mad a huge tarp out this, and threw it over this, you just increased the deadly nature of it, 10 fold.

Mobile and stealthy !

edit on 17-1-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join