It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company says it has made an invisibility cloak

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
I'm pretty sure that video is a hoax, it was determined that the guy running across wasn't picked up correctly by the poor quality camera.

But I'm sure somebody already has this form of technology already, and the canadians are behind the curve.

Is there a site/video somewhere analysing the footage, or was this conclusion arrived upon by some YouTube comments?

Whats with everyone's distaste of the Canadians? I bet its just because they are developing state of the art equipment for foreign militaries.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This tech could really save lives.
Imagine in hostage situations etc.

If this is public, the mind boggles with the tech we do not know about.

*edit*
edit on 11-12-2012 by Markive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Markive
I think this tech has been out for some time.
Remember this video?

I'm pretty sure that video is a hoax, it was determined that the guy running across wasn't picked up correctly by the poor quality camera.

But I'm sure somebody already has this form of technology already, and the canadians are behind the curve.

Well I can't comment on the video, but I've got to say that having tech like that would be pretty cool ! See the picture of me wearing it below

edit on 11-12-2012 by edtheduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Is there a site/video somewhere analysing the footage, or was this conclusion arrived upon by some YouTube comments?

Whats with everyone's distaste of the Canadians? I bet its just because they are developing state of the art equipment for foreign militaries.

Well, is there another video detailing how this is even real, and not just the camera / poor lighting? And I wasn't implying that I have distaste for canadians, I just said I think they were behind the curve on this tech. I have a lot of canadian friends, personally have no issues with them.
edit on 12/11/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Imagine the tech we do not know about.

Agreed!

I was watching an area 51 documentary once where they were interviewing some of the Black Bird pilots and some other people. They said that the Government is 50 years ahead of the stuff they announce to the public.

Some of the stuff they would have would be insane i reckon!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Imagine the tech we do not know about.

Agreed!

I was watching an area 51 documentary once where they were interviewing some of the Black Bird pilots and some other people. They said that the Government is 50 years ahead of the stuff they announce to the public.

Some of the stuff they would have would be insane i reckon!

+1

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The site looks like bunch of high school kids made it.

I will not be surprised if its fake. and i do know about the light bending technology.

Good info none the less.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by edtheduck

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by daaskapital

You are correct. This cloak is the final marketing of the research we have all been studying.

What is bothersome is that he won't discuss it for reasons of "security". Oh really? What does that mean?

It means that it is used by the military and they don't want enemies to know how it works. Why develop something and them tell the enemy how it works? and how to spot your soldiers using it ? That would not be smart .

Well, from a 2nd amendment point of view, I am not sure that it is in the spirit of the law for the DoD to support that.

Regardless, my concern comes from the increasing propensity of our government to classify US Citizens as "enemies".

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Well, is there another video detailing how this is even real, and not just the camera / poor lighting? And I wasn't imply that I have distaste for canadians, I just said I think they were behind the curve on this tech. I have a lot of canadian friends, personally have no issues with them.

Countering a question with another question

To answer your question: Not to my knowledge. If there isn't any video or site anywhere analysing that video then i guess the event is still in limbo.

I know. I was just screwing around with you. There was just another member who posted a similar thing to you regarding the Canadians.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Well, is there another video detailing how this is even real, and not just the camera / poor lighting? And I wasn't imply that I have distaste for canadians, I just said I think they were behind the curve on this tech. I have a lot of canadian friends, personally have no issues with them.

Countering a question with another question

To answer your question: Not to my knowledge. If there isn't any video or site anywhere analysing that video then i guess the event is still in limbo.

I know. I was just screwing around with you. There was just another member who posted a similar thing to you regarding the Canadians.

But honestly I say that about the video not only because of youtubers, I happened to watch that video 2 weeks ago because I was looking into the technology at the time, and I watched that video about 30 times, and for awhile I thought it was possible that it was a cloaked soldier, but if you honestly think about it, the red circle is going to force your eye to look at whatever it focuses on.

I think it's just poor camera quality, and poor lighting.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by edtheduck

You are correct. This cloak is the final marketing of the research we have all been studying.

What is bothersome is that he won't discuss it for reasons of "security". Oh really? What does that mean?

It means that it is used by the military and they don't want enemies to know how it works. Why develop something and them tell the enemy how it works? and how to spot your soldiers using it ? That would not be smart .

Well, from a 2nd amendment point of view, I am not sure that it is in the spirit of the law for the DoD to support that.

Regardless, my concern comes from the increasing propensity of our government to classify US Citizens as "enemies".

We live in a multicultural world and I don’t think citizens are seen as enemies, I think that society is so diverse that they just keep an eye on the population in general .From Star Trek “the needs of the many,i.e. most people and keeping most people safe must out way the needs of the few ,i.e. those who want to kill you or do you harm, it’s that simple .

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

LOL! You beat me to it! Actually, just the other day my daughter came home from school telling me that "Harry potters cloak was real" she meant it as a joke, but she had been shown the video about it in her social studies class! I just laughed with her and didn't think too much about it, but I guess there might really be something to it after all. Usually the military vets stuff like this pretty throughly before giving it the "green light" so I guess well have to wait and see....

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Yes, the video is from CNN. Guy Cramer talks about this new 'invisibility cloak' for soldiers.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Once the DOD gets their hands on it, we will probably see all mentions of it disappear.

Reminds me of the John Kanzius story. He was able to create fuel out of water and radio waves.

Sure enough, the Department of Energy and the DOD swooped down. Not only did he die a short time after, we have never heard about it since.

Omg DoD n Doe familiar ops.
Though I have the cloaking tech too
The ozzie company has done well to produce
their tech and yes it may disappear into the black ops

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I doubt these will be available to the public, but man I'd love to own one of these. Imagine what you could do if you had one.

I'd never have to pay a bus fare ever again.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

but hey, if the military has said it works

please cite where the military say it works

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Markive

Yes. And i think that is why this thread here, excuse the pun, may play a significant role in the invisibility cloaks For the important material perhaps?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a general rebuttal of the concept of " invisibility " - the problem of parallax

in breif - 2 different observers would need to be presented 2 different " views " of the same point , a pic to demonstrate :

now who sees what ?????

PS - before using " quantum " please understrand what it means and be prepared to offeer the nobel prize winning explaination of a quantum effect visible at macro scale
edit on 11-12-2012 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Us pawns in the game will not see this kind of tech on our markets for at least 75 more years, if ever. My bet is on this being seized and classified for national security reasons of course

I want me one of those, sneak into bilderbugger meetings and such would be fun

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Maybe it is something like hollograms.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join