It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What really happened to the Royal Nurse?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

When you call a Hospital to ask how a relative is the nurse/staff nurse or who ever else that answers the ward phone kind of takes what you say at face value. They dont start asking you mega security questions to confirm your identity.

I dunno about that... where I live, a security code number is given to those the patient has consented to share info with. When you call to check on someone, the first thing they do is ask you what your security code number is. I experienced this first hand when my husband went in for gall bladder surgery. We are just your average people, yet a big emphasis on confidentiality on my husband's condition. I would think the royals would have even more stringent methods in place to protect from snooping people.

Has anyone read any information about what the normal protocol is at that hospital when someone calls to inquire about the condition of a loved one?
edit on 12/12/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

When you call a Hospital to ask how a relative is the nurse/staff nurse or who ever else that answers the ward phone kind of takes what you say at face value. They dont start asking you mega security questions to confirm your identity.

I dunno about that... where I live, a security code number is given to those the patient has consented to share info with. When you call to check on someone, the first thing they do is ask you what your security code number is. I experienced this first hand when my husband went in for gall bladder surgery. We are just your average people, yet a big emphasis on confidentiality on my husband's condition. I would think the royals would have even more stringent methods in place to protect from snooping people.

Has anyone read any information about what the normal protocol is at that hospital when someone calls to inquire about the condition of a loved one?

I deal with this kind of thing on a part-time basis in an English hospital and I sit in interviews where people on the first rung of an NHS career are advised on this. Everyone signs a confidentiality agreement, everyone's informed about dignity and care, data protection and so on. Even during actual face-to-face visits, ward staff &c, are unable to pass on details to family members and friends without specific consent from the patient (with obvious exceptions). They can report general things, 'slept better', 'ate today', 'up and about' and so on but nothing specific.

However, there's no protocol here as you describe above.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

I deal with this kind of thing on a part-time basis in an English hospital and I sit in interviews where people on the first rung of an NHS career are advised on this. Everyone signs a confidentiality agreement, everyone's informed about dignity and care, data protection and so on. Even during actual face-to-face visits, ward staff &c, are unable to pass on details to family members and friends without specific consent from the patient (with obvious exceptions). They can report general things, 'slept better', 'ate today', 'up and about' and so on but nothing specific.

That's interesting. So what would a hospital staff member do if someone called to inquire about a patient?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

That's interesting. So what would a hospital staff member do if someone called to inquire about a patient?

They'd want to know the relationship between the caller and the patient and, unless specified, only be able to make general statements with nothing specific. Usually, they'd be put on to the patient's 'named nurse' who'd have a better idea as to who can or should know relevant information.

However, it's a bit of a fallacy to try and use regular protocols as some kind of template as to what would have or should have happened with the 'Royal nurse'. No matter how enshrined a procedure is, someone with a higher status than you will expect you to ignore that procedure on their behalf. A good example of this was with the politician Andrew Mitchell who caused a media storm because of his 'ignore protocol' demands on the police and the abuse he gave the police when they refused. Most people at one time or another will experience this with their boss or 'superior'. In hospitals it's a daily occurrence with many doctors/consultants/directors confusing their job status with that of demi-god.

Multiply that tenfold, thinking someone is the Queen, at 5.30 in the morning when you're dead on your feet, having to do someone else's job because managers wouldn't employ a receptionist at the time, even though the hospital has prestigious patients, and it's hardly surprising that protocol goes out of the window.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

They killed her. British security agencies or Kate herself(if she is really witch). I dont belive to such crap like suicide.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Where i live in Glasgow(3rd or 4th largest city in the UK) if you want to know how a family member is getting on in Hospital you simply phone the ward, tell them who you are asking after and who you are. Wait about 30 seconds to a minute and then a nurse will give you a response. No codes or passwords, just simple communication. I naturally assumed any other Hospital in the UK would have a similar if not identical method of communication since they are mostly NHS in nature.

I know for a fact this is the procedure in the Victoria Infirmary, Yorkhill Children's Hospital and the Southern General. Granted my experience are all of hospitals in Glasgow. However that's how it works up here unless it has changed in the last month or so. Feel free to try yourself.

I do however think security procedures in the near future may become rather more draconian regarding inquiring after a patient when the media is finished with this tragic incident.
edit on 12-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Morrissey vs. Kate Middleton: Brit Rocker Blames Princess, Royal Family For Nurse's Suicide

"And I'm sure the Palace and Clarence House (Princess of Wales residence) put maximum pressure on this poor receptionist and nurse, and of course that's kept away from the press. I'm sure the British press hounded this poor woman to her death, that's kept away. And by this time next week she'll be forgotten. And that's how the British royals work.

Story here

Morrissey brings an intresting angle to the discussion.
edit on 12-12-2012 by brice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just a couple of the instant red flags to me that something was suspicious were how quick they were to say it was a suicide, The fact that its not an issue you would ever commit suicide over, that fact that we are dealing with the royal family, the fact that she was a mother and even a devout catholic. So many things just do not seem to add up. And don't let me forget that mainstream media would tell you 2+2 = 3 if they thought they could get away with it!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by brice

Morrissey vs. Kate Middleton: Brit Rocker Blames Princess, Royal Family For Nurse's Suicide

"And I'm sure the Palace and Clarence House (Princess of Wales residence) put maximum pressure on this poor receptionist and nurse, and of course that's kept away from the press. I'm sure the British press hounded this poor woman to her death, that's kept away. And by this time next week she'll be forgotten. And that's how the British royals work.

Story here

Morrissey brings an intresting angle to the discussion.
edit on 12-12-2012 by brice because: (no reason given)

It's only in interesting in an 'Old Queen bitches about another Old Queen' angle.

It doesn't make sense as a conspiracy view as it's unnecessary. The hospital would have put pressure on the women involved without the influence of the Royal family - and so it's an unnecessary narrative element in order for the same outcome to have transpired.

I say this as a Smiths/Morrissey fan, from Manchester, and who used to know one of Morrissey's oldest friends. I've no axe to grind: I just think he's wrong on this. (I only include this paragraph as I'm conscious of the fact he's a fairly divisive figure.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

She didnt kill herself!! She was wacked!! Question is what did she know? Who did she upset?

I would speculate that the King Edward VII Hospital offed her.

Bad for business if the staff don't follow protocols to protect the hospital's most lucrative client...The Royals.
It's just public relations, you know! happens all the time.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by petar258

They killed her. British security agencies or Kate herself(if she is really witch). I dont belive to such crap like suicide.

Who told you? Her head witch, Elmo (Tickle Me) will not be pleased that this information has gone public. If i were you, i would head straight into hiding.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Who told you? Her head witch, Elmo (Tickle Me) will not be pleased that this information has gone public. If i were you, i would head straight into hiding.

Most of the uk popuation would have to hide then! No hiding from these parasites!!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
was it foul play?

1) the police have deemed it not suspicous..which means no police investigation..hmmm

2) blaming the djs...alot happens in three days, and phone pranks like this is not directly responsible for the death.

3) k being in hospital for a week..and a nurse tops herself!

the fact that the police wont be opening a can of worms...makes it suspicious.

but hey...if you lay with snakes....

peace

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

for people that like conspiracies it is suspicious that the police doesn't do any further investigation after they examined everything and came to the conclusion it was a suicide. But the story is of course much more nicer if the police, the hospital, the royal family and who knows more are involved in some kind of scheme to kill this girl because she made a mistake, it doesn't make sense at all.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenoftheworld
reply to post by thePharaoh

for people that like conspiracies it is suspicious that the police doesn't do any further investigation after they examined everything and came to the conclusion it was a suicide. But the story is of course much more nicer if the police, the hospital, the royal family and who knows more are involved in some kind of scheme to kill this girl because she made a mistake, it doesn't make sense at all.

i tell you what...that was a quick ass inquest
theyr not dragging there heels here

if only there was a way of knowing what the scars on her wrists are

and can one find out if a person was strangled, before being hung...??

never thought about this kinda thing before...why here?

edit on 13-12-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Then why haven't they killed the one that gave out the information? Why just the one who was on the phone for 6 seconds?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Nothing to see here people. Now move along quietly!

If thats the line they seem to be toeing you can be sure something's out of kilter.
edit on 13-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Nothing to see here people. Now move along quietly!

If thats the line they seem to be toeing you can be sure something's out of kilter.
edit on 13-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

That appears to be the case! Also it maybe nothing to do with the prank call. Might be about what this nurse heard, knows etc. Like I said earlier there is more to this story and its connected to succession and ability to have a baby maybe.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Then why haven't they killed the one that gave out the information? Why just the one who was on the phone for 6 seconds?
The prank call might have nothing to do with it. That might be a smoke screen.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have read some local news sites report that Jacinta was found hanged, with a bruise on her hand/arm.
I cannot find sources for the report as of now. It would certainly make an interesting twist.

Also, we have very opposing claims as to what her brother realy said to the press:

www.dnaindia.com...

“We will send a formal and official request to the British government and the investigating agencies to share the full details while asking the Indian government to allow second post mortem and investigation by an Indian agency,” D’Souza said.
“We are not happy the way this incident is being treated by the authorities in London as there has been no flow of information regarding her death, we do apprehend foul play,” the late nurse’s brother, Naveen Saldanha, said.

If realy determined she had a bruise on her hand, that would indicate to me someone very strong grabbed her by her hand and twisted it behind her back, while hanging her. I dont see how she would hurt her own hand while hanging herself.
edit on 13-12-2012 by badnickname because: Repair link url cause of #ty ATS html parser

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join