It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can somebody tell me what this Black Beam is?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
My apologies for my brilliant camera work! Went out on the balcony early hours of this morning to catch a breath of fresh air
and saw this black beam. Took plenty photos, but most of the zooms came out crappy, but the "beam" is still visible.

I wanna know: Can this come from a light source?

And, It was raining & totally overcast

I am placing a link of the full quality pics here, if anyone is interested to have a look.

I played with PS on this one, as it was a clearer one, but very dark. Original one in the imageshack link.

Thank you

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
not really sure but could it have being left behind by a plane
are you close to an airport

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

I have no clue what that is.. What I cannot tell is at what angle the black streak is.. If it's going straight up then I have never seen anything like it. If it's coming at the camera but high up then it could be a contrail.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

I am about 40 km from O.R Tambo International, which is east from me. This beam was North West. The beam was there for a long time. I went out at about 2.30 and it was still there. So, at least an hour. When i went out after 4am, I could not see it anymore.

It went straight up, no angle. I know that ones eyes can play tricks on you, but, this baby went straight up, 90 degrees IMO. But, that is why i am here as i could be wrong

reply to post by Dustytoad

I thought about a contrail before i posted this. This beam went straight up. It was not a plane, again imo

I too know it is difficult to make out an angle from the photos. With ones eyes you could see this beam as clear as day. Lower clouds moved across the higher end of the beam and when they passed it was there. It was visible from the ground continuously. Seeing the clouds were so low i would not have seen a contrail.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

At a single glance it looks like a single strand of spiderweb hanging ddown from the roof gutter.

Personal Disclosure: Any chance of showing some pictures from varying angles?

P.S. If it is in the distance as is claimed then it could possibly be a failed tornado as the weather looks rather nasty.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
. It was visible from the ground continuously. Seeing the clouds were so low i would not have seen a contrail.

I see your point about the cloud levels, compared to contrail heights. It does look like some kind of beam, but it's hard to get a feel for it from the pictures alone.

I've never seen anything like it, I mean besides a search light, but that wasn't black haha..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
' Mommy Mommy - the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes.'

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
That's weird I've never seen a line in the sky like that.
Seems to be related to the chemtrail/contrail phenomenon.

Here's a youtube video of one supposedly
dark vertical line in the sky

Looks like there are two camps in explaining the dark lines

Chemtrail related: The dark line is either a chemtrail made of an actual dark chemical or the dark line is being projected either by the plane or by some other object for the plane to follow.

Contrail related: These dark lines are simply different types of shadows.

contrailscience.com...

I've only given all this a cursory glance. hope it helps.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Hi OmegaLogos

No, i was on my balcony and only have about 10m to move around on, so no different angle

I also took a tornado/whirlwind into consideration, hence me watching it for about 15 minutes and going back later again to have a look. I switched the tv off, too, to listen for any distant rumbling.

reply to post by Dustytoad

It is difficult to get a "feel" from the pictures, no doubt.

Haha, i, myself was thinking of a searchlight

I tend to lean towards the simplest explanation. I am more of an occam's razor man. This one does have an explanation, but i am too find it. I have been googling the whole day. Results led me to ATS in explanation of a black beam, but that was to do with the shuttle.

I cannot find anything on search.

I would not have put it up on ATS 'cos i know people can get rather brutish around here, but my curiosity got the better of me. I am prepared for a kind lashing, if i get to know what this beam was, it is all worth it

reply to post by Josephus

Thank you so much for the video

I can't see it being a contrail, i just can't. As i explained above why, it boggles my mind.

This beam touched the koppie/hill. I can say for sure this was no contrail from an airplane, or can i?

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Reminds me of the cover of EPOCH.

:p

I have to find my filters photoshop again

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Look closely at the picture and you will see the black eyes of the alien playing on computer keyboard.

Buhaha

Was it raining in that location or did you have cloud coverage?
This one is interesting.

edit on 11-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Possibly it's a secret military test because the light source is coming straight from the ground, like that one picture from the pyramid. There does seems to be an object in the sky but I'm not sure if it's a plane, cloud, or a blimp. Or possibly you captured two demons going at it. Who knows. I'm still playing with the image. Downdloading more filters.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I doubt it is a secret military test South African military doesn't have a big enough budget for it and our president is too busy using all the spare money building himself new houses and bunkers ,I wonder if the beam is coming from the ground or from the sky?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Hey hey howdy countryman,if this was taken alot later in the morning say just before sunrise then it could have been a shadow created by the clouds but you took them way before sunrise and the beam was not in the east as you said but north west so I really can't say ,I am not aware of any secret military projects that SA would be involved in the military does not have the funding to keep all its naval ships running ,I know this cause I live near Simonstown ,so I can't see it being any black budget project ,but it is a mystery as to what it might be ,maybe check again same time the next morning and see if it returns and play with the exposure settings on yr camera a bit.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Light source seems to be coming from the ground. When I play with in photoshop, that specific area is extremely bright. Too bad the the pillar of his apartment is in the way.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is when I do an outline filter. But it looks like a blimp

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Light source seems to be coming from the ground. When I play with in photoshop, that specific area is extremely bright. Too bad the the pillar of his apartment is in the way.

I agree.. The beam is spreading as it travels up, if it is a beam that is.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

Hi there cookiemonster
Glad to see a fellow Safrican here!

Definitely not from a naval ship, as i am 500km from the Indian Ocean which is the closest. The direction the source came from is SW. Facing in that direction is the Atlantic, which is 1000km+. The question on any military test = You answered that

I will definitely take photos if the light/beam should appear again, TRUST ME!

I agree. The source is from the ground. I could see it clearly from the ground and the higher it went the light would fade as lower clouds would pass it. We had quite a cloudy and foggy night last night & early AM, and i never lost sight of the beam from ground level. This beam shone, IMO, from ground, hence me asking: Could this be from a "light source"..??

In the pics it does indeed seem that the light is expanding, or that it becomes wider the higher it goes. But, when looking at it, it is exactly like a straight line, same width, from ground to clouds.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: grammar/spelling

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
With the outline filter, it looks like X marks the spot. And the middle of the X is where the beam should be.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I lost you there. Throw me the X

top topics

<<   2 >>

join