It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all Christians blindly hypocritical?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I've meditated many times through various Tai chi methods. Indeed there are some unprecedented levels of consciousness barriers that seem to be broken. I read a recent article on scientists who were able to teach monkeys to meditate through reward systems along with EKG testing.

As it seems I am the opposite of you. I grew up in a heavily Christian influenced family. I had steadfast faith for the majority of my life. Then I decided to find the answers myself. I looked into most every faith. I didn't lose any respect for them because I know that there is a lot of intelligence and human experience behind many of them, especially Buddhism. I merely interpret the cause and effect of these things backwards than most. I think we detect the timeless permeating question but that we hone in on it through science.

What do you think of this article? (Semi off topic)

pulse.me....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

As it seems I am the opposite of you. I grew up in a heavily Christian influenced family. I had steadfast faith for the majority of my life.

If you would look into the History of Christianity, you'd find that there was once a huge debate/argument/schism, called the great schism of 1054 where Eastern and Western Christianity split/parted ways due to several different factors. The Western version, which are the majority of the prominent denominations in Europe and the U.S., are actually bastardized version of the original. They lack logic, reason, insight, and clarity and cause all sorts of perversions and stupidity.

The original version (Eastern Orthodoxy) was very practical and allowed scientific insight and theory to be discussed, as well as including psychological work on one's personhood. Still to this day, they discuss going to long 40 day retreats, meditation, insight, and testing the principles that Jesus taught including the direct mystical experiences.

I was raised Catholic but thought it all to be easter bunny and santa claus, because the folks at church cound't answer deep questions I had as a kid

I think we detect the timeless permeating question but that we hone in on it through science.

I love science, and fell in love with it after all my mystical experiences, particularly embracing Quantum physics. I see a grand design and complexity in reality and existence.

We need balance and marriage of spirituality and science and forsee a time when they will inevitably merge through technology wit the release of spirituality machines. I personally know a Phd who has a brain machine that opens people's third eye after using it twice for 20 minutes. However their psyche's weren't ready for what they were able to see with the third eye, so he's all wrapped up in ethical red tape right now. But he's also saying the tide is turning and these machines will come out eventually.

All the Spiritual things will eventually be described in scientific ways and logical explanations.

What do you think of this article? (Semi off topic)

I Love the article and have known about this possibility for a few years now. Interestingly, Buddhism and various philosophies and spiritual paths (Including some sub branches off of Christianity), have been saying for 2000+ years now that we live in an illusion, and Enlightenment reveals what's real going on behind the illusion.

The Whole Matrix serious was written by the Wachowski's who used to be house painters. They would literally discuss all these philosophies while painting and wondering how to apply all of this to a movie, hence the Matrix serious was born, and there is alot of truth and deeper hidden meanings going on in that movie.

Many Futurists and Philosopher's are saying we may have a war with Quantum A.I. in the future. Or we might use A.I. and technology to reach a mass Enlightenment

<< 10  11  12   >>

join