It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this thing near the Sun? Is it a comet or meteorite? It hangs out for at least a week.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Good post btw,there must be a way of finding out when Mercury is going to pass the sun take a video of it and compare it to the object and see if they are different if they are then it is not Mercury,in my opinion it looks like it is too close and getting blasted too much by the solar effects to be Mercury and if it was Mercury then the ice they found on it would be vapourised and the probe they got circling that planet as well.peace
(don't hate me I am a man)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

It looks like mercury to me after going through all the plots.. I don't know if stereo B is right on the ecliptic plane, or if mercury even is, but that bright light does seem to be in the right spot for mercury if there is enough of an angle to put mercury that high in the picture..

For anyone who is confused, you cannot see the sun in these pictures.. It is behind the small dot in the middle.. That whole field of view is not the sun... Mercury is not as big as the light makes it look either..

edit on 12/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
Good post btw,there must be a way of finding out when Mercury is going to pass the sun ...

Yes, there is a way.
Boncho posted the link on page 1.

Mercury passed the sun, as seen from Stereo B, in timeframe of Nov. 24th to Dec. 1st.

... take a video of it

Somebody did get a video of the Stereo B images in that timeframe.
Manhater posted it at the top of page 1.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

No it's not a planet are you serious?

It wouldn't give off light like that. It's not reflecting light it's actually illuminating it's own.

What kind of Alien ship that was illuminating its own light appearing on 2009-10-13?

The planets Venus (left) and Mercury (right) as seen by the STEREO Behind COR2 telescope on October 13, 2009

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
edit on 11-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

... take a video of it

Somebody did get a video of the Stereo B images in that timeframe.
Manhater posted it at the top of page 1.

I think cookiemonster32 means taking a video camera and film mercury from a roof

edit on 11-12-2012 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Well that's definitely Mercury.....thanks to boncho for all his explanations (and EVIDENCE) provided. Thank you, sir.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

What's more interesting than looking at mercury is that last picture you posted boncho.. Those curved lines between mr sun and venus..
I don't know if it's some strange camera effect or what, but it does look odd. Almost feels like I am looking at currents in the solar wind, moving around magnetic fields..
edit on 12/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

It is a planet.

Let's compare Mercury's transit in August with this latest transit in November/December shall we?

14th August - 20th August

24th November - 1st December

You can use those dates to watch the two transits for comparison.

The link to the movie maker is HERE

Behind COR2

It's Mercury.

Please stop with the misinformation

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Positions of STEREO A and B for 2012-08-19 21:29 UT

The Blue B in the top left is Stereo B.

The dotted line that follows that B to the Yellow Circle is Stereo B's field of view.

So when you look at a video of a picture with the same exact time and date.

You should not see Mercury where it is at on the above picture.

If in fact that is Mercury, It should be behind the sun relative to Where is Stereo?

Here is Stereo B's Field of view from OP's TIME AND DATE IN THE VIDEO. Relative to Where is Stereo?

First thing that is weird is the object is not on the same plane anymore. It's actually higher up than it was in the previous picture.

Here is a September 19th Helio Picture.

Sep 17th

Sep 16th

The object in the above picture is behind the Sun Which is not relative to Where is Stereo. Since Where is Stereo shows Mercury far away from the back of the sun on Sep 16th.

As you can see the object is traveling clockwise. Because it ends up behind the sun from Stereo B's Field of View. I am reversing the days in Helio. Going backwards.

The orbits don't match. The alignments are off. And the orbits are faster than that of Where is Stereo. Not only that. They are faster than they should be.

If you watch OP's Video the object orbits the sun within days. It's very fast. Mercury wouldn't clear nearly the whole back side or even an orbit half way around the sun within days.

So if you think these are planets something has changed the orbit to make it go backwards? Faster, And not match Where is Stereos pictures of exactly where Mercury is at a specific time.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

I see your point, in this pictures, the small gray dot is "behind" the big yellow dot
it is an spaceship than !

I will help you with this...
those are just diagrams, the size of the dots and what looks to be behind or in front doesn't matter

the sun has a diameter of about 1,392,684 km
mercury's orbit smallest radius is 46,000,000 km and the biggest about 70,000,000 km

now make yourself a picture where the gray dot is 45 times further away that the size of the yellow dot
edit on 11-12-2012 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Your last images are showing Venus right where it should be, and your first images are showing mercury right where it should be...

color me confused as to what you are seeing..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

helioviewer.org...

There you go.

The object behind the sun from the beginning of the video is supposed to be Venus. Which I think it's traveling too fast to be.

Now towards the middle of the video. That object is supposed to be Mercury. Mercury would have already made it's orbit behind the Sun. Especially since Venus is coming around it.

So if we did happen to see Mercury coming back around it would be in front of Stereo 2 and infront of the sun from Stereo 2's field of view.

However it travels behind the Sun.

Way faster than it should.

And as it gets closer to the sun it gets smaller.

Just so you know though, Mercury isn't supposed to be next to the Sun on 9/25/2012.

So what's the object that comes into view in the middle of the video that goes behind the sun?

edit on 11-12-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

If you watch OP's Video the object orbits the sun within days. It's very fast. Mercury wouldn't clear nearly the whole back side or even an orbit half way around the sun within days.

Mercury entered Stereo Behind's field of view around the 24th and exited 6-7 days later:

Mercury appears to move to the left when it is behind the sun and to the right when in front of the sun. (From Stereo B's perspective)

Source

You fail to acknowledge that STEREO is itself orbiting the sun. The way that Mercury appears is not always the same. In some cases the duration it appears in SB's field of view is different as well. And you will notice that it does not appear in the same spot every 88 days, the duration of a year for Mercury. This is because both objects are orbiting and their relation to one another is constantly changing. Something I believe you are failing to grasp because you keep mentioning the length of a year for Mercury.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hey check out the video I just posted.

Clears it all up my friend. 2 objects in the video. Moving too fast, And mercury is not supposed to even be near the sun at that date and time. Yet we see 2 objects. 1 of which either gets really close to the sun or goes behind. And Where is Stereo shows that mercury isn't even in field of view yet on that date.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
A applaud those trying to explain this objectively but do understand, you can only lead a horse to water. Some here want to see something else and that is what they will see; no matter the amount of evidence that points otherwise, i.e, Mercury.

Don't take this as a knock to those who don't see it as such, but the evidence is pointing in that direction that it is indeed Mercury.

ATS, Already Taken Sides.

This seems to be the general consensus with topics I see lately.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Why don't you make a thread about it. This is about ManHater's COR2 clips which have been shown to be Mercury.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by Dustytoad

helioviewer.org...

There you go.

The object behind the sun from the beginning of the video is supposed to be Venus. Which I think it's traveling too fast to be.

Now towards the middle of the video. That object is supposed to be Mercury.

Yes first object is Venus.. The speed looks fine to me..
Second object I have no clue what that is, but it is NOT mercury, and is not Supposed to be mercury based on the plots either.. In one post you think the field of view is just the dotted line, and then in this last post you apparently think the field of view is huge..

Like I said I don't know what that second object is in your video. Maybe an asteroid?

All planets go counterclockwise around the sun I am pretty sure... Therefore that second object which is going clockwise, is something else..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

In your video...

The object moving right to left is Venus.

The object moving left to right is Jupiter.

You need to click on outer solar system to see the other planets in the field of view in the STEREO orbit tool.

edit on 11/12/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCJustJ

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
A applaud those trying to explain this objectively but do understand, you can only lead a horse to water. Some here want to see something else and that is what they will see; no matter the amount of evidence that points otherwise, i.e, Mercury.

Don't take this as a knock to those who don't see it as such, but the evidence is pointing in that direction that it is indeed Mercury.

ATS, Already Taken Sides.

This seems to be the general consensus with topics I see lately.

They can take sides. They wont be able to debunk my video that clearly shows the object going behind the sun on it's rotation back around between Stereo B's FoV..

I think what we are seeing is not planets. They would not go from the top of the video to the bottom in another. Unless Stereo is falling down or moving in some way which obviously is not happening. So the objects should always be at the correct degree of ecliptic.

I can understand Venus illuminating that much light. But I cannot say the same for Mercury. What are they are fire? It's not possible.

There is more than Venus and Mercy in the videos. Anyone can go on Helioviewer and back up and watch all the videos that show there are objects at different ecliptic degrees and some that are not orbiting the sun properly.

Everything I see, You can see too. Go on Helio, Use Where is Stereo as a reference so you know for sure that the object you see at the position in Helio video is exactly where the planets are supposed to be at. When you do this you will see that they do not add up and if in fact they are planets (Highly doubtful) then something has changed their orbits.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

This should clear it up for him:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join