It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this thing near the Sun? Is it a comet or meteorite? It hangs out for at least a week.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
You have this bright object ...

You've been given the tools to work it out.

1. You know that this strange object is in line with the sun, as seen from Stereo B, on the 28th of November.
2. Boncho gave you the link to see where the planets are in relation to the satellites.
3. Plugging in that date shows that Mercury is in the same direction as the sun on that date, as seen from Stereo B.

So, the question you have to answer is...
If you DONT accept that this object is Mercury, then explain why Mercury is NOT seen in the Stereo B images.
Because it should be seen.

edit on 11-12-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

^ Look at that heat shield. Or some type of shield. It's obviously experiencing friction.

There is no friction in space.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

reply to post by JrDavis

That was the best I could do. I went by how helioviewer set it up. So if it skipped a day then it has to be them. You know how they like to block stuff out. lol

I don't think it's a planet either.

Lol it's not a planet.

^ That's on the 24th of November. Even though it's already passed Stereo 2 someone wanted to show the passage of Mercury between the Earth and Sun.

The Video you posted shows between Stereo B. Which happened almost 2 months ago.

So that picture is kinda irrelevant..

I would love to see the 28th of November. It's definitely taken out lol. Not you.

But the object seems to dim a little while it passes. And the shape is obviously changing. At least the illumination of light is.

Good find!

Don't hate all men; I gave you first star/flag! Some people I guess just don't understand lol.

I think it will come down to some type of debris or something... But the direction and speed is pretty weird...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by JrDavis

^ Look at that heat shield. Or some type of shield. It's obviously experiencing friction.

There is no friction in space.

Then it's an over-shield? lol, Or getting burned up by the sun?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

You have this bright object ...

You've been given the tools to work it out.

1. You know that this strange object is in line with the sun, as seen from Stereo B, on the 28th of November.
2. Boncho gave you the link to see where the planets are in relation to the satellites.
3. Plugging in that date shows that Mercury is in the same direction as the sun on that date, as seen from Stereo B.

So, the question you have to answer is...
If you DONT accept that this object is Mercury, then explain why Mercury is NOT seen in the Stereo B images.
Because it should be seen.

edit on 11-12-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

If that were the case you wouldn't see the object BETWEEN Stereo B and the Sun. The picture you have provided shows mercury behind the sun.

We see the object passing over. Not behind.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

JrDavis seems to be doing a good job at explaining it.

Can't wait to see Phage's take on this.

Maybe it's Nibiru....

edit on 11-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

reply to post by alfa1

JrDavis seems to be doing a good job at explaining it.

Can't wait to see Phage's take on this.

Maybe it's Nibiru....

edit on 11-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Nah not Nibiru. Too small imo..

But possibly alien craft. Mercury orbits in the opposite direction too lol. The object is going counter clock.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Some people just cannot accept the truth............

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

It takes Mercury 88 days to rotate around the sun.

And roughly 7 days to go in and out of STEREOS perspective...

So that means another 88 days for it to orbit back to Stereo B.

The STEREO satellites orbit themselves around the sun. You won't find Mercury in the same position every 88 days.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The project, called STEREO for Solar TErrestrial RElations Observatory, began in 2006 when two satellites were launched into unique orbits around the sun, one slightly ahead of Earth’s orbit (where we will be in three months) and the other trailing slightly behind (where we were three months ago).

www.pbs.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Watch the beginning of this video and tell me which direction Mercury is going on. Were you planning to make up any other lies?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

you know what, I"M SURE it's an alien ship hiding for earth, it has shields like you see in "spaceship enterprise"
but I think this aliens are very bad guys, they first will eat up our sun, you know.. sun is like a gas station for them, they want fuel... and than, finally, after they have landed they will use us humans for experiments.

sorry !

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well now you got me convinced it's not Mercury. Mercury is Twice to Three times smaller than that object. Not even no where near the size and shape.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by JrDavis

It takes Mercury 88 days to rotate around the sun.

And roughly 7 days to go in and out of STEREOS perspective...

So that means another 88 days for it to orbit back to Stereo B.

The STEREO satellites orbit themselves around the sun. You won't find Mercury in the same position every 88 days.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The project, called STEREO for Solar TErrestrial RElations Observatory, began in 2006 when two satellites were launched into unique orbits around the sun, one slightly ahead of Earth’s orbit (where we will be in three months) and the other trailing slightly behind (where we were three months ago).

www.pbs.org...

Give up on the Mercury thing man.

^ What you're going to tell me she has moons now? That illuminate their own light?

2012/09/23 03:55:40

You can see for yourself. There's more than 1 out there...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Here is a link to a video from STEREO A

Watch the video. Guess where Mercury is at the time? (The exact same relative distance and area of the OP video)

Same object as the OP. Both satellites, relative distance to Mercury, with the same positioning, both have same object, both on different dates....

Not sure what else you really need on this...

The only reason the OP video looks a tad different is because the CCD is clearly taking in light differently than normal, or there is something wrong with the processing of the data. You can determine this by the darker tone of the red in the image. And by the brighter than normal appearance of Mercury.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Give up on the Mercury thing man.

Well you just posted a picture of Venus in your latest post so no worries. That one's not Mercury...

Look closely at the time... And then at your latest pic... and then where Venus is positioned. Do you find it odd that your alleged space Armada only shows up when planets are passing through the field of view of the STEREO satellites?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
We see the object passing over. Not behind.

The solar system isnt flat.
Mercury has an orbital inclination of 7 degrees.
It will almost always pass over or under as seen from the plane of earths orbit (and that of the Stereo satellites).

And again the question isnt answered, if the object isnt Mercury, then why isnt Mercury seen in the Stereo images?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Photo of Mercury from STEREO-A four weeks prior to it making an appearance on STEREO-B, which OP has presented...

edit on 11-12-2012 by Factmachine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Well now you got me convinced it's not Mercury. Mercury is Twice to Three times smaller than that object. Not even no where near the size and shape.

Oh please tell me what planet is below, since you are able to tell simply by looking at them...

You should consider getting a job at NASA btw, since you can pick out planets by appearance in crappy under/overdeveloped photos used by instruments that do not record primary for viewing in human perceptible wavelengths...

Big$$$

edit on 11-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Those aren't even in the Months of Nov. and Dec. Geesh, not even the year is correct. Get with the times.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
A applaud those trying to explain this objectively but do understand, you can only lead a horse to water. Some here want to see something else and that is what they will see; no matter the amount of evidence that points otherwise, i.e, Mercury.

Don't take this as a knock to those who don't see it as such, but the evidence is pointing in that direction that it is indeed Mercury.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join