It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Is anybody else getting fed up with the way things are? I look at the news and all I hear is blah blah blah, instilling fear in to us. This person died today this person is a terrorist.. like oh my gosh can it already you crazy ba*tards :p
Iv been feeling so stuck here in this society! Maybe its about time we fight against how we have been conditioned!

Like hmm.. why do people even here on ATS get in to big fights lol? Its just a website expressing opinions and what not, who cares if someone disagrees with ya? Inner knowledge is VERY powerful, if you think something than awesome!
To change the world, you must be the change that you want, nobody is perfect and acceptance is such an awesome feeling!
Drama and talking about others is something I simply DO NOT indulge in, at my work It feels like high school again haha! Its like, people form clicks and everyone talks about everyone? Well not all but you know, a lot of people do it.. it doesn't help you in any way, or anyone else? Arguing is healthy yes, but project it twords something that will actually further our race not set us backwards?

If someone disagrees, respect their opinion and move along, because you cant make everyone agree with you! People are going to disagree with this thread even, but you know what thats okay

*Be the change that you want the world to be

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
What a contradicting thread hehe

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Candles

Nobody would watch the news if it didn't report the scary things. It's like watching a movie with no antagonist, or reading a book without a villain; boring.

As for arguments, I'd like to consider them spirited discussions.

And I must disagree. It is our job as people to mock and ridicule ridiculous theories. Otherwise, we'd still believe that the Earth was flat, demons caused disease, the sun circled the Earth, leeches cured sickness, and eating dirty meat was sanitary.

If your beliefs cannot stand up to scrutiny, then you ought to find new ones, because your current ones are probably false. Real truth can endure scrutiny.

~ Scribe

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
That is true, but if it is constantly being brought up over and over again, would it not stick in a weak individuals mind? Thoughts effect reality, I believe the way things are run is driving people mad and it is quite sick!

Iv been a long time lurker, and noticed that some of these uh.. "spirited discussions" never really get anybody anywhere
What i mean by this is there will be a thread with.. 200 pages and still no answer just gabbing and bickering! hehe x) I didn't say arguing is bad, but arguing in situations that don't provide any gain is just a waste of your energy
Thank you for the opinion

edit on 11-12-2012 by Candles because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2012 by Candles because: elaborated a little bit

edit on 11-12-2012 by Candles because: typo

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I think a lot of what we see in the world and ATS is, as you say, driven by emotion. You might want to take a look at this thread, it might have some answers for you. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I will indulge in your thread and reply in the morning because I may pass out, :p thank you for sharing!
edit on 11-12-2012 by Candles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
So I read your thread and it indeed did give me some answers! Flagged it
Especially the obama thing! Divide and conquer eh :\

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Candles

There is no news, just entertainment. What you need to know doesn't appear on the news shows or the printed press, and certainly not on ATS which has moved decisively from denying ignorance to reinforcing it.

Look for quality, not quantity...and be your own editor.

top topics

join