It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey bashers and bashers of bashers.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange

Originally posted by adjensen

It was most certainly collated by him.

No, it most certainly was not "collated by him." Development of the Biblical Canon -- do you see Constantine in there, apart from the note that he legalized Christianity?

Although there's truth it in, your source is from the University of St. Thomas, Houston, Texas and only touches on official Canon, and on a website that looks like it could have been designed by a 3rd grade student no less.

HTML skillz doesn't change the truth, Ace. Your claim that Constantine "collated the Bible" is not true.

Or were you implying that religion is NOT a key factor in many wars?

If you can read, you should go back to see what I said -- religion played NO role, zero, zilch, nada, in 60% of recorded conflicts. On the other hand, your claim that religion "is most certainly a device used to rally support in almost every single war" is utter crap.

Those are your words, Ace, not mine. "Almost every single war".

Defend that.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

It was most certainly collated by him.

No, it most certainly was not "collated by him." Development of the Biblical Canon -- do you see Constantine in there, apart from the note that he legalized Christianity?

Although there's truth it in, your source is from the University of St. Thomas, Houston, Texas and only touches on official Canon, and on a website that looks like it could have been designed by a 3rd grade student no less.

HTML skillz doesn't change the truth, Ace. Your claim that Constantine "collated the Bible" is not true.

My name is not "Ace".

Pleas re-read the first part of what you just quoted from me. Of course there is truth in it. As I said, it was not official Canon, which is all that this site outlines. And your source is biased and displayed in a rather adolescent-looking format which is absolutely worth noting.

Or were you implying that religion is NOT a key factor in many wars?

If you can read, you should go back to see what I said -- religion played NO role, zero, zilch, nada, in 60% of recorded conflicts. On the other hand, your claim that religion "is most certainly a device used to rally support in almost every single war" is utter crap.

Those are your words, Ace, not mine. "Almost every single war".

Defend that.

Well I'll have to retract my statement, as it was poorly worded and that is completely my own fault, and replace it with "Almost every single modern war of our current time period".

I really don't see how your assumptive, condescending tone is helping your case, in any fashion -- seems pretty juvenile. Relax.
edit on 12-12-2012 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join