World’s most dangerous religion: Atheists face worldwide persecution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I think Atheists should just say they are Agnostic instead of Atheists. To tell people who believe something strongly that they are wrong is not wise. Wise = smart in my book. Smart includes common sense.

Work on lessening the radical sectors of religion. Most of the people I know that are Christians are good people. I know some thatare overpowering and use people also. People use others beliefs all the time to get to powerful places in the government. Religion does not make people good, but a lot of good meek people turn to religion. Most people prefer to be followers instead of leaders. Right now we have too many followers as leaders in this country, they follow the money.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I think Atheists should just say they are Agnostic instead of Atheists.

Should we also tell the ubber religious to say that they "think maybe their is real" too?

Why do religious expect everyone to compromise to appease them?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I fail to see where that makes an atheist dumb?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Like I have said before in other posts.
It is good to provoke a response because we are all searching for something.

If a religious person can make a believer out of me, I am not against that, but nobody has convinced me.
They cannot use faith as a fact, that's a fact Jack.

Oh how I would love to believe there is an omnipotent being out there, but I have trouble with that.

I may be agnostic, but if there is a god at all, it's not what religion tells me.
More so that the Universe is god, it created me and you. (that's a fact)

I say there is no god with hesitation, I simply do not know, therefore you are right.

But in that sense we are all agnostics, but some believe and some don't, but none of us can prove anything.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mimir
From the link in 1. post.

“constitutional provisions are in place that bar atheists from public office and one state, Arkansas, has a law that bars an atheist from testifying as a witness at a trial.”

You cant be trusted or have a work if your an atheist???? How come they give more credebility to "the deluded" believers, who have NO proffs that what they claim in general is real??

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that this is overstated -- it is likely that said "constitutional provisions" and the Arkansas law are regarding swearing an oath while placing one's hand on the Bible, something an atheist could do if they wanted to.

Most states have alternative provisions, but clearly there are exceptions.

As for your comment regarding atheists being barred for employment, I have no idea where you're coming up with that.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Basicly the structured energy of the Universe would be god. Chaos is not god, a bunch of random people out for only themselves can not easily create great things. Working together, the bond, is god.......God is the word means god is communication or a link ......
edit on 11-12-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Agnosticsm seems to be a good a balance, we do not need radical believes, we should always stay open-minded and accept whatever the cosmos has to teach us. We must not become hardened in any kind of thinking because in this infinite universe there are infinite possibilities.
Religious extremism and atheist extremist are both wrong, we must not force believes on one another, as that would be dogma and dogma leads to ignorance.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

I should have said not as smart as they think they are. Sorry for saying dumb.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
Agnosticsm seems to be a good a balance, we do not need radical believes, we should always stay open-minded and accept whatever the cosmos has to teach us. We must not become hardened in any kind of thinking because in this infinite universe there are infinite possibilities.
Religious extremism and atheist extremist are both wrong, we must not force believes on one another, as that would be dogma and dogma leads to ignorance.

That is very wise.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by interupt42

I should have said not as smart as they think they are. Sorry for saying dumb.

I can agree with that. Anyone certain of the uncertain can't be as smart as they think they are.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Basicly the structured energy of the Universe would be god.

So, according to your logic, me saying the Universe created me, it all boils down to interpretation weather I am a believer or not?

The Universe created us, therefore it is my god?
Even if it does not think, or care, or even recognizes that we exist?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I don't care how many people believe in god.

You do not get the point and you probably never will!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You've got to be kidding me.

You should see the stuff that comes out of the mouths of religious followers.

I have a very hard time believing that there's a shred of intelligence in that lot.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You should actually think before you type something.

This is ATS, home of "Deny Ignorance" and you're promoting it whether you know it or not.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The energy of the universe created us, the bond of the minerals, metals, and glucose makes us look like what we are. If the frequency changes a lot so does the bond between things. For everything to come together like this there has to be something structuring it locally, like the frequency of vibration of the earth. If the frequency of the earth changes so does our shape and size.

I would say that because of this that the early Earthism religions were more appropriate. I often thank mother earth for making my stay here a reality. I suppose technically I do pray in the woods so I am talking to god through nature which means I am sort of a pagan who learned the teachings of Jesus.
Strange thing is I read the bible a lot so I would have ammo to debunk my mothers overzealous and irrational religious beliefs......thinking she could buy her way into heaven by donating to quacks. I've also had an interest in every god that ever existed and went to many different kinds of churches to check them out. Curiosity killed the cat but I'm a mouse

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Not all religious people are that way. I know lots of people that just go to church and follow the rule of "don't judge others" I don't know who you know, maybe everyone who goes to church where you live is overly religious but not here. Hardly anyone I know talks much about religion outside of their church circles.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Deny ignorance by excluding the perception of over eighty percent of the population of the world?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
rickymouse;

So, you are like my brother, claims to believe in god, but it's like your god.

It's the stuff contained within matter and all the forces around us, the force that moves through all things.

I just don't know if that really constitutes a god or not, but some people like to think that.
Forces are a fact, how they work we don't know, they are there, but are they god?

But the 'spirit' that moves through all things is separate from us, does not care, does not listen, does not answer prayers, and won't win you football games.
It won't communicate (at least not all the time), is it god then?

What I meant by the part in brackets is that I do believe that at odd times one can tune into that force(s), like a radio picking up waves.

And that is the reason (looking for answers) that I am not totally atheist and why I ride christians so hard, and I am willing to bet that every atheist that posts here are also looking for validation, either to confirm, or deny a god.

But I cannot have faith in what religion tells me, not at all.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Well, god does not answer our prayers or help us win ball games. How can this frequency or energy do that. Joining into a communication that can make things happen can do this. Say a lot of people who are of a kind believe a certain way and are connected telepathically. Their combined will and energy can do a lot. Say you are lost out in the woods and pray to be found. Someone who is tied to you, even nature itself can give you info telepathically to get out of the woods. I don't think we lost this ability to communicate, I think the ones running this world want us to think that we have. That way we look to them for information instead of our brethren. This way we are dependent on them instead of our friends, family and community. Have you ever thought you should get ahold of someone and they knock on your door fifteen minutes later? Why did this idea come to you? Is this god? I think god is made up to try to explain this communication. Is the communication god? Could you use it to predict the future?

So how far does this communication go? Maybe across the universe in an instant? It is possible, science is not nearly as evolved as we think here on earth. So could a communication "word" like this be considered god or even the devil? Depends o who you are tied to. Could this communication interact with our minds to create illusions or hallucinations? Sure it could. Could there be energy beings amongst us that can utilize this? It is possible, maybe they are angels and maybe they are something unknown. I see so many limits to our present knowledge of things. Everything can be taken apart into pieces and explained individually by science but why do they line up and form events. Looking at the whole picture after taking it apart is critical. Why is it that most scientists believe in god? Because they can see this pattern and cannot explain it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
True atheists are not a religion. I don't attend an atheist church. I don't spread the non-word and I certainly don't bow down to a non-entity.

It's not a religion, just a fact.

Peace

>I don't attend an atheist church
Most starting religions didn't have structural places to congregate, like temples, unless you count Internet places of congregation... like r/atheism.

>I don't spread my non-word
"It's not a religion, just a fact." Claiming beliefs as fact is how religions spread. Others definitely go out of their way to spread their beliefs to the 'stupid religious folk'; you may not, they do. Just having debates and trying to prove others wrong is an attempt to spread one's beliefs and convince them of it. It's not a bad thing, but it is what it is.

>I certainly don't bow down to a non-entity
No, you just accept one.

Crowds of people that have an accepted belief in regards to a deity constitutes a religion.

I see why you said "true Atheism," but that doesn't really help the case, especially when considering that Christians that claim to be "true Christians" are using the same argument, but it doesn't help them from being generalized either.

Just pointing out that extremes are always relatable in a sympathetic effort to deflate the delusions that they aren't. Also because I enjoy the show.

Also, since it's the good ole' holidays:

edit on 11/12/12 by AdamsMurmur because: "Merry Mythmas!"

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join