It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World’s most dangerous religion: Atheists face worldwide persecution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
From the link in 1. post.

“constitutional provisions are in place that bar atheists from public office and one state, Arkansas, has a law that bars an atheist from testifying as a witness at a trial.”

You cant be trusted or have a work if your an atheist???? How come they give more credebility to "the deluded" believers, who have NO proffs that what they claim in general is real??

That is just redicolous, you are radicalizing your country. In "normal" democracies theres a seperation between church and poletics.... Why is it US wants to look like the fanatic religious countries they are bombing? Remeber Bush asking for "Gods blessings" before the Iraq war, making US precidency look like a religious fanatic.

"If you dont belive what your government does your a criminal that dont deserve a job....this is brainwashing at governmental level and it is disgusting - I hope the poleticians behind this will burn in hell for their pervertet thoughts - If God does exist,"

No im not a pure Atheist, probably more like an agnostic...I dont know what is out there, but i certainly dont think it is the "skywizard". IF I'm wrong I will get my punishment in hell, but if I'm right why should I be punished at all and in that case "you" are a criminal racist. How dare "you" tell me what your "God" thinks, do you know he's inner thoughts??

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

You've hit the nail in the head... Even if you pretend this is a mock rethorical expression, actually, we're still suffering from the previous unfair ménage of politics and religion, we now need to separate economy from politics, which will -finally- end our pretended democracy.

Regards

Walter

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Now i wonder why hopelessness and despair would be the world's most dangerous religion? With the name of Jesus we can bring hope, give life back to those seeking to kill themselves and give them the strength to carry on, but you folks? You steal hope and leave people with nothing but despair, i know because i used to be one of you.
edit on 11-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

So you used "to be one of you" meaning atheist? If you are originally from a state like Arkansas or any of the surrounding bible belt states, that would be odd for you to have been ANYTHING but hard-core narrow-minded CHRISTIAN from DAY ONE until the LAST DAY on earth. I think that they STONE and BURN people at the STAKE for not being one there but maybe they changed that since the late 2000's.

I think I also hear that if a babies third word isnt "jesus" it is believed to be "devils child" in those parts.

All the Abrahamic religions are SILLY MAN-MADE FAIRY-TALES, PERIOD. I used to be a DEVOTE Christian for decades and now agnostic as I KNOW FOR CERTAIN the Christian religion and all others are SILLY fairytale.

So you've been canceled out with one who ALSO "used to be one" of the opposition. As I was Christian and now agnostic. Your "used to be one" has been canceled out.
The "jesus" character is a good one (even though NO Christian acts like that character) , but overall its a VERY SILLY religion and I've studied many of them in my day. VERY SILLY!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
This is the 3rd thread in less than 3 days that has attempted to bait atheists, either through thread titles or posts from smug religious followers.

It's just begging for mod scrutiny at this point.

This was not a thread to beg the petty bickering that I am reading!

When will both sides get this...
Persecution goes both ways.

The atheists belittle the religious and the religious belittle the atheists.

You people at ATS claim you are thinkers and smarter.

Prove it and mature. Grow up!

Prove your way is better by your action, because the way I read it, I see no difference in the treatment of others.

Walk the walk and people will follow.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I've seen it in my own life in the short time I've been an atheist. It really is interesting after being a fundamentalist Christian for so many years, to now be on the other side of the fence. I certainly don't go around telling people I'm an atheist, but I don't hide it either.

People definitely treat you different when they know you're a heathen. Some even have a fear of you. And some just straight up hate you.

edit on 12/11/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
5 billion people believe in God in one form or another. Poking the bear is always a bad idea whether he deserves it or not.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
This is the 3rd thread in less than 3 days that has attempted to bait atheists, either through thread titles or posts from smug religious followers.

It's just begging for mod scrutiny at this point.

The atheists belittle the religious and the religious belittle the atheists.

Sounds about right. Both are alike in the sense that each claim to know the truth and prosecute others based on their beliefs (faith). The Faith of believing or the Faith of not believing.

As far as I'm aware their is no scientific evidence that proves that a Creator doesn't exist nor is their any scientific evidence that a Creator exists? So in the end the Atheist takes a leap of faith in one direction and the religious believers take a leap of faith in the opposite direction.

So who is right? Neither one, because neither theory has been proven or disproved .
edit on 11-12-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
People who are Atheists aren't that smart. People from most religions around the world do not really like atheists. Nothing like hanging a target on your back for 80 percent of the people in the world to throw darts at.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
While this report is certainly eye-opening and disconcerting, I think we would all miss the "moral" point of this story if we devolved this into mere "belief vs non-belief", "religion is the cause of all problems", "atheism is the cause of all problems"hand waving and debate-bating arguments. I think the point is this: humans have natural and innate biological tendency to associate all things that are different or "other" with that which is "bad" or "threatening", despite proof otherwise. This article could have easily been written: World's most dangerous religion: Christians (or Islamist, or Buddhist, etc) face world wild persecution..." IF the world was predominately secular, atheist, agnostic, and so on. Let's not collectively fall for the trap of seeing the forest for the trees. This a tragedy that has its root causes in the human condition, rather than religious fundamentalism (although I would argue that religious fundamentalism is the expression of this condition).

-Ghoster
edit on 11-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
People who are Atheists aren't that smart. People from most religions around the world do not really like atheists. Nothing like hanging a target on your back for 80 percent of the people in the world to throw darts at.

Do you believe this is true?
Really?
Believers are smart, non-believers and agnostics are dumb?

Takes a smart person to ask questions, to question everything.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

People who are Atheists aren't that smart.

Yeah they are all dumb. All that thinking for themselves has fried their brains. If only they had given up their minds to the church earlier..

People from most religions around the world do not really like atheists.

Feeling is mostly mutual I am sure.

What's your point though?

Nothing like hanging a target on your back for 80 percent of the people in the world to throw darts at.

Ahhh so that was your point. Throw darts at people you don't like. Sounds about right.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I do not have anything against people who do not believe in god. I do think it is extremely unwise for people to cut down those who believe though. If I chose not to believe in god when most people do believe in god, I would not do it outright. History dictates that nonbelievers were tortured and killed in history multiple times. People who believed in other gods were given the chance to change belief. Do you think people have changed that much? I don't.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

A friend of mine once told me. " A smart person won't say anything, a dumb person won't know the difference." The ones in between get in all the trouble.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

This really made me think why doesn't ATS have an ISI flag (Ignorant Statement Indicator)?

You seriously don't believe that do you?
edit on 11-12-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Oh yay, another religion vs athiest battle is brewing. *grabs popcorn*

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther

Originally posted by jude11
True atheists are not a religion. I don't attend an atheist church. I don't spread the non-word and I certainly don't bow down to a non-entity.

It's not a religion, just a fact.

Peace

A fact of what?

Good question.

Since not proven it is a belief. Since it does deal with belief and\or disbelief there is certainly a connection to religion. After all, the root word is theism.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I do not have anything against people who do not believe in god.

For the exception that you think we are dumb.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

"Freedom of religion is a principle that supports the freedom of an individual or community, in public or private, to manifest religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship, and observance; the concept is generally recognized also to include the freedom to change religion or not to follow any religion.[1] The freedom to leave or discontinue membership in a religion or religious group —in religious terms called "apostasy" — is also a fundamental part of religious freedom, covered by Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.[2]

Freedom of religion is considered by many people and nations to be a fundamental human right.[3][4] In a country with a state religion, freedom of religion is generally considered to mean that the government permits religious practices of other sects besides the state religion, and does not persecute believers in other faiths.
(This article is from Wiki)

Technically, to be in compliance with international law, Atheism has to be considered a religion. If not than it is not a protected right.

I have to say that I am not a believer in organized religion even though I believe in god. I prefer to talk to god in the woods. I also talk to my father, part of who resides within myself because I am his son. It makes me feel good to talk to my dad who died long ago. He was my mentor, the man who taught me what I perceive, a man who only went to church on Christmas and Easter. I would rather talk to nature than to people in the church who wear way too much perfume and cologne which bother my breathing. So to some I am evil, the antichrist even though I believe what Jesus taught was good. I see that what Jesus was trying to teach was twisted to fit peoples desires today and throughout history. So technically I am not even a Christian anymore by todays standard.

People have a right to believe in their god/religion without persecution. Unless their rights are in opposition to certain laws that we have created to stop atrocities.
edit on 11-12-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by NthOther

Originally posted by jude11
True atheists are not a religion. I don't attend an atheist church. I don't spread the non-word and I certainly don't bow down to a non-entity.

It's not a religion, just a fact.

Peace

A fact of what?

Good question.

Since not proven it is a belief. Since it does deal with belief andor disbelief there is certainly a connection to religion. After all, the root word is theism.

That may be, but that doesnt make it true or very likely. I chooce not to believe that dog gods got scales, breath sulferic acid and live on Jupitor, which seams very unlikely, but it is theism according to you........whats your point if i may ask?

edit on 11-12-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by inivux
I find most atheists are even more hypocritically ignorant and arrogant than the deluded and faithful groups they so vehemently oppose.

There are good and bad, smart and dumb, etc. etc. in both groups.
edit on 11-12-2012 by inivux because: (no reason given)

Don't forget that there are many atheists out here in the world who don't scream about being an atheist, and don't weigh in on threads which focus on religion. Kind of like how Clint referred to the republicans in Hollywood during his chair speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join