It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member, weird find!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hola ATS members. Not really a new member but I barely post so Im new to many! haha. Though I have something interesting to post on one of my first experiences with ats. In my times of boredom, I do random searches on my last name, (Shurtleff) to see what I can find, who may have been a famous relative etc. Its a very uncommon last name so I feel 9/10 they will be related (distant,close). Especially due to the "chin" every shurtleff has. Well I felt froggy and did a search on ats, and come to find out one of the early members of Bohemian Grove was a guy named Roy Shurtleff. Weird huh? Looked at the picture, same chin, same creases in cheeks when smiling. Same block head (lmao) but really what are the chances Id find something like that?! Anyway nice to meet yall and dont try to say "YOU'RE THE ANTICHRIST!!!" Im just someone trying to deny ignorance

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the laugh, and welcome to ATS!
Looking forward to hearing you.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
No problem, I figured someone would get a good kick outta the story lol. It was rather odd though to see that

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Some people on here might say be careful about using your real name...

but welcome just the same. Maybe you can hook up with this guy and get the lo down on what really goes on there in the Grove. I want to hear what happens to them people they have in the mouth of the cave.

Just don't become one of them

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Computron

Welcome to the Asylum. Tin foil hats on the shelf by the door. ATS Addiction 12 step group meets on Tuesdays in the basement....bring cookies.....we like cookies....

Look forward to meeting you in the forums...or, the basement on Tuesdays.....

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
@ intrptr: they still have to figure out my 1st name

@ destinyone: Can I replace the cookies with beer? Opps I mean applejuice......

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Computron
@ intrptr: they still have to figure out my 1st name

@ destinyone: Can I replace the cookies with beer? Opps I mean applejuice......

Here ya go Sweet Pea...one of my specialties...a Black n' Tan. Guinness and Bass pale ale...

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Nice, Ive wanted to try that,(guinness) never seemed to cross my mind when Im buying a few though. Where's a 3d printer when you need one?!?!?!?!
edit on 10-12-2012 by Computron because: Cause I forgot to put something in?

edit on 10-12-2012 by Computron because: spelled something wrong, cause Im a derp der derp

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Computron

Well, one of my relatives was a "cammo dude" who worked for Whackenhut Security and patrolled Area 51.

Welcome to the nut house!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Interesting. Never heard of that before, but Ill look it up. And thanks. I do believe Ill fit in quite well with all these crazies.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use (The complete and end all guide to our policies)
Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

new topics

top topics

join