It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico UFO Report Index - NUFORC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I stumbled across this a short time ago while checking into something for a reply on another thread. I got so lost in this that I dropped the other reply entirely to focus here. Now I haven't taken the time yet to backtrack to the home page and then all the way back to find this page from that one. There are threads here on ATS about these folks and reports to/collected by them in 05, 08 and 09. Although none mentioned an index like this which is what really got my attention.

NUFORC - New Mexico UFO Sighting Report Index

They are submitted by the public and some are obviously interesting in terms of credibility, IMO.....but a great many look, read and sound like average normal people who just saw something downright odd and are doing their best to describe it.

All kinds of things, and again, reading like normal folks to me? If anyone knows anything about it being a credibility problem, I'd sure like to know before I spend more time reading through them. Assuming no one does, this seems like a real valuable resource for keeping an eye on general 'background noise' of activity.

I'd also throw out there that it may be of interest to long haul truckers or other truck drivers in New Mexico. I saw a great number of odd things here and there over 15 years essentially in the outdoors day and night. Little things....nothing major or newsworthy. This would have been valuable to know about to check out something I may have seen at a given time across N.M.. I-40 carries a good % of the cross country traffic after all. Just a thought on that for practical reference use for some as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

NUFORC reports are generally as reliable as 'some guy at work' or the 'woman on the bus' telling you. Sure, they could be made-up or they could be straight-up truth. I wrote a thread in 2010 that used some of the site's figures and we just have to use a little caution because literally anyone can post an experience...or hoax.

NUFORC used to be run by Bob Gribble and for the past 20 years has been Pete Davenport. Wherever possible, attempts are made to keep out the obvious hoaxes and they try and follow-up anything really interesting. It's tough because he's the captain of that ship and it takes time to research and more time to deal with everything else and RL too.

I don't think anyone doubts his sincerity or his commitment to ufology. If you'd like to know more about the site, its ambitions and Mr Davenport just search "Peter Davenport UFO podcast mp3" and you'll see interviews with Paratopia, Paracast and Binall of America. The BoA one is right to the point.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I very much appreciate the reply and I will look into this more over the winter break. It sounds like a valuable resource with some judgement applied to reading the sources and considering the relatively open nature of the submissions. Few are trying to be specific or tell some whopper of a tale in their description of whatever it is they are reporting by what I see and that really tends to add to the whole credibility of a report. At least, for what it's worth, it gives some 'back of the mind' context if I see something down the road in person. They're really fun to read too...a number of them sound like quite a sight.

It's ordinary folks with nothing in particular to gain, so right there they gain a step over MSM as a general rule right? (Only about half kidding these days...lol)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I like Mr Davenport and I like his site.

It's ufology and we all know (or should) that every report is caveat emptor!

The thing is for me is that I doubt very much that most reports are made-up by obnoxious n'er do-wells with time on their hands. Whatever the cause of what was seen, I think most reporters are genuinely interested with sharing their sighting. More often than not, it's human nature to want to know that at least somebody saw what you *think* you saw.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
New Mexico is a camping grounds for Tesla ship and I do mean look in
the camping grounds and you might see some land there.

At 11:50 Bill Lyne got UV buzzed with flashing lights through windows
he once saw ships off in the distance.

UFOs are a menace in NM and why the Roswell hoax took place.
Lyne thinks women pilot the UFOs, er Tesla ships, due to exposure
is detrimental to male pilots reproductive system. Also good for
landings with small humanoids exiting the ship in alien gear.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Roswell is not a hoax. I came to ATS thinking the people here would be more together than this. Yet I find so many chickens here thinking everyone is lying.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Wow nice !!! omg

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
Roswell is not a hoax. I came to ATS thinking the people here would be more together than this. Yet I find so many chickens here thinking everyone is lying.

Roswell is a hoax because there are no alien ships.
No alien ships means no aliens, the meaning is different and thus a hoax.

new topics

top topics

join