It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dash cam shows handcuffed burglary suspect steal police car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Watch how fast this dude is in and out. The robber even follows the law and obeys the traffic stop sign.
This video cracked me up. Enjoy.

I would really hate to be that officer right now...because you know he or she is not going to hear the end of it.

edit on 10-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
LMAO. Totally got away. Stupid cop appeared to have even spun out at one point, and then bottomed out the car so bad it knocked the camera askew. Probably get a promotion.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ok it's a possibility that it was him. That made the car spin out.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Just what is the world coming to when you can't even trust that a Cop car is safe to leave with the..ahem..keys in it ..and probably even running... and yeah.. just why is it left sitting that way anyway? Hmmmm... Still, stealing it was downright rude.
It's not like he was getting away with anything by that point. I mean, more than just the cop knows his name by the time he's been cuffed and stuffed. lol....

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Barney Fife left the keys in the ignition? Way to go Barn...

Squad cars are supposed to have the window switches in the back of the car disabled, but not this one, Lt. J.P. Bevering said Monday morning. Porter was able to roll down the window, reach out and open the door. Dash cam video shows him climbing into the driver’s seat and taking off. The car was found abandoned at a nearby apartment complex, Bevering said. Porter remained at large Monday.

White Settlement police arrested Porter as recently as April on an assault charge. According to online court records, he pleaded guilty to a different charge and was sentenced to 90 days in jail. Porter has a criminal history dating back more than two decades that includes arrests for several burglaries and thefts.

www.oregonlive.com...

"It kind of reminded me of the Keystone cops," Boone said. "They were all running for their police car to chase this guy. I shouldn't say it was funny, but it was kind of comical."

news.yahoo.com...

More here.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

If you watch close the video cut from the back car to the video of the first car(0:32) the cops don't even give chase by the looks of it...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Yeah, I was wondering about that too.

Maybe they weren't in their cars.

I was wondering why it was taking them so long to chase the guy.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

According to the Yahoo! article linked above me they were not in their cars, they were left in a stupper.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Gee, I'm awfully glad the bad guys never seem to figure out how to get the rifle/shotgun out..whichever these stolen cars are carrying. World's dumbest or the pursuit shows carry these just often enough to wonder about the sanity of man in general. I mean okay, I guess you could steal a blaze orange micro bus or something and be a little LESS conspicuous and difficult to find but I don't know, this might have that beat too.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Im suprised I havent heard of this until now. White Settelment is pretty close to where I live. Been there a few times to.

There's 2 things I see here.

First - Why didnt the cops give chase once the dude took off? I mean, the camera in the car behind the one being stolen saw the whole thing?!?! There were "atleast" 2 officers there at the moment. Even if an officer/officers go and investigate the burglary scene, are you supposed to still leave a suspect out of view, even if he is handcuffed? I thought you are always supposed to have atleast 1 officer watching over the suspect at all times.

Heck, they didnt even know their car was stolen until multiple 911 calls came into the dispatch center while the dude was spinning out and running stop signs in the cop car. (Said in the 2nd video posted).

Second - How was this dude able to roll down the windows in the back? The back doors and windows are supposed to be disabled from being opened from the inside the car. Sounds like the officer in control of this car definantly forgot to lock them.

ETA - It seems it took awhile for the officers to notice their car was gone, considering it took multiple 911 calls before they figured it out. Seems like they took a long time before going out and (if he didnt steal the car), checking on the suspect. What if he had a seziure, drug overdose, destroyed evidence, ect...during that time? Seems like a ton of officer negligence.
edit on 11-12-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join