It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Calls For World Government!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Would it help to see the pertinent portion of the Pope's speech? Please note especially the second paragraph. I agree that it is current news, but I maintain there is nothing there to cause offense.

From a re-evangelization of society can derive a new humanism and a renewed commitment and cultural design. It helps dethrone the modern idols, to replace individualism, consumerism and materialistic technocracy, with the culture of brotherhood and benevolence, love. Jesus Christ summed up and carrying out the precepts given in a new commandment: "as I have loved you, so you also love each other" (Jn. 13.34); Here lies the secret of all social life fully human and peaceful, as well as the renewal of politics and national and international institutions. Blessed Pope John XXIII motivated commitment to building a world community, with a corresponding authority, just moving out of love, out of love for the common good of the human family. Thus we read in Pacem in terris, "there is an intrinsic relationship between the historical content of the common good and the configuration of public authorities on the other. The moral order, i.e., as requires the public authority in partnership to implement the common good therefore demands that the authority to do so is efficient "(No. 71).

The Church has not tasked to suggest, from a legal point of view and political concrete configuration of such an international system, but offers to those who have responsibility for those principles of reflection, judgment criteria and practical guidelines that can ensure its anthropological and ethical frame around the common good (see Enc. Caritas in veritate, 67). On reflection, however, is to note that you shouldn't imagine a superpower, concentrated in the hands of a few, that would dominate on all Nations, by harnessing the weakest, but that any authority must be understood above all as a moral force, may have a second reason (cf. Pacem in terris, 27), i.e. as related authorities, accrual and limited by law.

www.vatican.va... (Run through an online translator)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
And this guy is the leader of a religion?

Since when was spirituality a political movement?
edit on 11-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

The Catholic Church is in every country of the world. They are partners with the UN. They aren't christian anymore, and they are a political force for world gov't.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

The Catholic Church is in every country of the world.
I would expect that to be pretty much the case for a group that's been around for 2000 years and probably has believers in every country in the world.

They are partners with the UN.
They only have observer status. If they are "partners," they're mighty small potatoes.

They aren't christian anymore, and they are a political force for world gov't.
And, of course, I appreciate hearing your opinion on these two points, but still, it's only an opinion.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Why does the Pope think he has any business at all speaking his opinions on anything other than Jesus (which I think is even really a stretch of his actual authority, though I understand millions disagree with me.)?

I also understand that the Pope used to be a pretty serious political power, back in the day. But this is the modern (largely Non-Catholic) world.

So is he calling for a resurgence of the Dark Ages, except with a one-world-something-or-other?

I think the Pope should do less politicizing and more poping. But maybe that's just me.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

You may want to read the portion of his speech shown above. I don't see any politicization that's objectionable.

As far as getting involved in the world, the Church speaks out regularly against poverty, materialism, loss of freedom and human dignity, and many other problems. Of course, Jesus did too, so maybe the Pope is just following the Boss' example.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
So he says:

The proposed body (World Government) would not be a superpower, concentrated in the hands of a few, which would dominate all peoples, exploiting the weakest.

And then "In 2010 the Catholic Church sought the establishment of a new Central World Bank that would be responsible for regulating the global financial industry and the international money supply."

These scumbags always start a large power grab by making is look harmless & superficial, something with pure intentions; and then they steadily ramp up the law to reflect their innate corruption. Considering the central banks we have now are already insanely powerful, lawless entities that print trillions on a whim & control the money supply utterly. Consolidating banker corruption to a world central bank is about as bad of an idea as it can get. At-least in our current state where greedy monsters run the world.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

In the form of religion?

Since its inception.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
And this guy is the leader of a religion?

edit on 11-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

If you want god to literally be with you then go the mystical route. If you want a mask of holiness that can make you feel good about your ego and choices then choose dualistic Christianety as taught by the priest.

You cannot be both with god and hide behind a mask of human dogma. But then some people will never stop eating the apple of duality, thinking they know right from wrong.
edit on 11-12-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I will be so happy when that pedo infested #ehole is blown up. I just need to have patience.

Of course the pedo would want to rule the world... the only thing cramping his kiddy time is interpol.

destroy the fargon lot of them. I like my eggs benedict well cooked with plenty of mayo. thx

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by iwilliam

You may want to read the portion of his speech shown above. I don't see any politicization that's objectionable.

As far as getting involved in the world, the Church speaks out regularly against poverty, materialism, loss of freedom and human dignity, and many other problems. Of course, Jesus did too, so maybe the Pope is just following the Boss' example.

Is he following Paul or Jesus? One preaches duality the other nonduality.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Your probably right..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Religion is an out of body ideology..

Christ said the temple of god is within.

You work it out

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BlavatskyChannel

"Religion is nothing more than the remnants of the old form of politics.",
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Here's a reliable source on the recent comments from the Pope, directly from Catholic News Service....

Pope calls for world authority as 'moral force'

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
Here's a reliable source on the recent comments from the Pope, directly from Catholic News Service.

From that source

"New ideologies -- such as the hedonistic and egoistic one of sexual and reproductive rights

Forgive us holy one. Forgive us for believing we have rights to our own sexuality and reproductive systems.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

I will be so happy when that pedo infested #ehole is blown up. I just need to have patience.

Of course the pedo would want to rule the world... the only thing cramping his kiddy time is interpol.

destroy the fargon lot of them. I like my eggs benedict well cooked with plenty of mayo. thx

If you look at the history of the Catholic church you will find lies piled on atrocities buried under misdirection and rotten to the core sexual practices that they have spent untold millions to cover up. The pedophilia is just the worst of it. There have been stories of aborted fetuses buried under the basement floors of the convents and rectories circulating for longer than I have been alive. In fact the celibacy ruling has nothing to do with scripture. It was instituted as a political ploy to gain tighter control over the priesthood. When you consider that the male sex drive, and to a lesser extent the female drive, is one of the strongest forces in human nature you begin to realize that the celibacy ruling was one of the worst decisions ever made by Papal leadership.

When sexual frustration sets in in a normal male and the only outlet is the innocent children who you have control over the outcome is inevitable and sickening.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

The Vatican had their chance at a One World Government.

The inquisitions, the Wars it started in the name of Christ and Religion.I am sure the death toll, in the name of its Religion has to rival that of Stalin.

Just crazy talk........

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Righto pope, come clean, spill the beans, give back all you stole, get rid of money............and then we'll talk.

Kindest regards of course......A

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by surrealist
Here's a reliable source on the recent comments from the Pope, directly from Catholic News Service.

From that source

"New ideologies -- such as the hedonistic and egoistic one of sexual and reproductive rights

Forgive us holy one. Forgive us for believing we have rights to our own sexuality and reproductive systems.

There was a presidential cabinet member, I don't remember who it was, who got into trouble for a comment he made about the Papal encyclical that pretty much solidified the churches ban on contraception. He said, in a thick and phony Italian accent, "He no playa da game, He no maka da rules". I still burst out laughing when I think about it.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join