It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Danger of Doomsday Sayers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by stereologist

If you commit suicide that's nobody's fault but your own. Why not just wait for the world to end if that's what you believe. Stop trying to make people feel guilty for things that aren't there fault. That's is like me telling japan last year that an earthquake was coming. Should they commit suicide over it? Is it my fault if they do? Simply; no.

wow.

So, anyone that is bullied to the point to where they commit suicide.....that was entirely their fault then by your logic, right?
I mean, of course it was their fault. They should have just sucked it up and dealt with it, right?

It was in no way, shape or form the bullies fault at all, correct?

Unbelievable.....

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I'm not condoning anything. Your straw man argument is of no merit here.

The issue is not corporations, but of doomsayers that have collected money and caused fear, panic, and at least 1 death.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

It's a different thing to posit the world ending and people taking that information into their own hands; and blankly telling someone to committ suicide.

Sorry, but the law thinks otherwise. They do not fall for such a childish argument.

It reminds me of kids saying, "I didn't kick them my shoe did."

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

So you are telling people what to think and post?

No. I am pointing out the potential consequences of those like yourself that post lies and hoaxes.

Aren't you concerned that the hoaxes you promote may bring injury to others?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I'm not really in the mood to get into this but how is what he's doing any different from what you do? When someone argues with you you either insinuate that those people are disinfo agents or you outright say they're inferior. You are conveying the message that anyone who doesn't agree with you should not be listened to. In other words you are telling people what to believe and what not to believe.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So here we have an article about places that have had to take action to prevent trouble

news.yahoo.com...

Are there questions about safety for the visitors and the local population?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What about Peter of Sedona fame that plans what he calls a Leap of Faith. Unlike others he is going to jump to his death in a few days. You might say go for it, but someone has to clean up the tomato paste mess afterwards.

What about copycats? Will others follow suit thinking that Peter might not be in the right spot to save the universe from shutting down?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I had to look this up cuz I had no idea what you were referring too.. please tell me someone is going to stop him from doing that... what madness is it when you can announce when and where your going to "jump" do we not care anymore... as long as you call it a religious act you can pretty much jump off the highest cliff with grace while people just stand by and watch?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I'm not sure if it's so much about safety as it is about not simply wanting to be associated with 2012. While it would boost tourism in the short terms it could also bring a stigma that hurts them in the long term.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

I post a long winded thread about the issue, but the mods took it down without explanation.

That is why I did not mention much here.

It is going to be a circus. If you look into it even a bit you will see that there might be betting from Vegas and media coverage from all over the place.

If you did not catch the background you might miss that the person has terminal cancer and won't live much longer regardless of the "Leap of Faith."

Imagine if the folks in the Pyrenees decide to jump off the cliffs to catch a ride on the UFO as it leaves its hangar.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Wow... just wow.. that's all I have to say about society right now... Suicide as a spectator sport good grief.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

It's too bad that the mods removed the thread. I had collected a shocking amount of information on the media circus that was evolving around this guy.

The guy has a video out asking for cash so he can accomplish some things before he saves the universe.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

wow.. i wonder why it was taken down.. maybe because they didn't want anyone else to get a weird idea.. too many around here seem a little gullible ..( not talking about any one person or topic specifically) but I have talked to people who seem ready to believe anything. I'll be looking around more for further information.. what could he possibly need with cash if he were going to go through with this though? That's my thing ( red flag/ bs meter).. if your asking for my money.. ummm you just lost all my attention because your not taking it to another life/realm/mother ship.. what are they gonna do with it?
edit on 11-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

That's not what I said. There is a difference in committing suicide over being teased, bullied, ostracized, what have you; and it's an entirely different thing for someone to commit suicide merely because you told them the world was ending.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I'm sorry but being close friends with a lawyer; that's bull#. You can't hold someone legally at fault because they committed suicide over you discussing doomsday prophecies. Now it's an entirely different thing for them to commit suicide through some form of coercion. I didn't make you pull the trigger, nor did I even tell you to do such a thing. Take personal responsibility for your actions.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

My argument is of perfect merit. It's not cool for some random woo woo nut to make a couple hundred thousand in book sales; but corporations can totally make billions of dollars while poisoning people at the same time, yet you find it is more appropriate to attack these guys. Somewhere along the lines your moral compass went way out of wack.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I'm also curious as to whether being gullible is an inherited trait. Is it inherited or learned? I have no idea.

You are probably safe from most cult types. That is the subject right? Think about it. Jim Jones and his end of the world cult. David Koresh in Wacco. Heavens Gate, the Japanese dude that used nerve gas on the subway in Tokyo, even Charles Manson and his race war theory about the end of civilization. They all preyed upon people that they snookered to follow them to their destruction.

I doubt that most people (even ATS people) would blindly follow these types into hell. One must be careful though. Look at all the threads on here that endlessly fortell the end of the world.

Keep tongue in cheek.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
So, anyone that is bullied to the point to where they commit suicide.....that was entirely their fault then by your logic, right?
I mean, of course it was their fault. They should have just sucked it up and dealt with it, right?

It was in no way, shape or form the bullies fault at all, correct?

Not a valid point.

Bullying and writing books/websites about doomsday theories is not the same thing.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
What about Peter of Sedona fame that plans what he calls a Leap of Faith. Unlike others he is going to jump to his death in a few days. You might say go for it, but someone has to clean up the tomato paste mess afterwards.

What about copycats? Will others follow suit thinking that Peter might not be in the right spot to save the universe from shutting down?

I'm sure animals and insects would make short work of the mess.

Let them do it. If they are as stupid as he is the world doesn't need them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join