It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At both opposite horizons, a strange orange glow

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

See my above post. There is a lot of meteor activity at the moment including the Geminid Meteor Shower which hit its peak yesterday according to various sites. There is also another post about a fireball landing in the sea in Turkey which is quite spectacular!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

Thanks Ill take a look . The subjects : volcanoes, meteor dust, chemtrails and radiation come to mind . I think someone needs to get an air quality report.From an independent lab.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well, whatever is causing the many beautiful sunsets over the last two years is great. I've seen more colorful sunsets in the last few years than I saw in all the preceding years of my life.
edit on 15-12-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Im from Western Australia close to Fremantle and I too have noticed an orange glow after sunset. I've only noticed the last couple of nights but it is at a time where I would expect no more sunlight to be present (~11pm I have noticed). it only seem present on the horizon, more prevalent at the most northern and southern points with only a slight amount if any to the east, but nothing to the west. I thought at first it was possibly beacuase there is refineries to the south about 50ks from my position and to the north is in the rough direction of Fremantle which is a city by definition, however I have never noticed this before and Fremantle shuts down quite early along with your average suburban shops (9pm at the latest).

Also there is no cloud cover at all and this glow seems like if it was to be artificial, it must be very powerful to project such a light a distance without anything in the sky for it to reflect off.

Ultimately it does seem it can all be rationally explained away, however something just doesnt sit right with me, I have never noticed this before, which I would have if it were normal. When I add that to odd weather (occasional raining and thunderstorms in December which is summer, it usually stays 30+ Celcius with no rain in December) kinda makes me think something is up.

As for pics I tried to take some with my mobile phone but its ability to take pictures at night is quite useless.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Don't forget that your horizon is someone else's center so if it was anything strange, we'd know about it. Only half the world sleeps at night. I'd say that it is fog in the distance being illuminated by city lights. That can give off an eerie glow. It could be just an atmospheric phenomenon due to the sunset too. Just because you haven't noticed in past winters, doesn't mean it's not always been there.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Don't forget that your horizon is someone else's center so if it was anything strange, we'd know about it. Only half the world sleeps at night. I'd say that it is fog in the distance being illuminated by city lights. That can give off an eerie glow. It could be just an atmospheric phenomenon due to the sunset too. Just because you haven't noticed in past winters, doesn't mean it's not always been there.
Maybe it's determined by the angle of view? Huh? Ever thought about that?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I wish I could attribute it to moisture in the air but this glow isnt normal for Arizona sunsets. The consistency of the air has changed

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I haven't noticed it the last week. Have you people noticed any change, those of you who've seen it?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Avgudar

i havent noticed it this past week either but there has been a lot of chem trails and subsequent rain. Yesterday and today were clear although it rained last night. There seems to be a perpetual misty like substance in the air but rhe clear skies are a blessing,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join