It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At both opposite horizons, a strange orange glow

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

So we are in the same general area. I am on the VA/NC boarder, south western VA - not far from the TN/NC boarder.

edit on 10-12-2012 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ahhhh,, I think I've got it... The Earth is flat... You're seeing light spilling over from the other side. Conspiracy, conspiracy !!!

* Starts handing out tinfoil hats*

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

In order to determine if there is an alternate light source look at the direction of the shadows. Do they all flow the same way? Ive been noticing this glow on the horizon myself in Arizona and a lot of dust particles in the air that arent settling like they used to. Maybe the change in the air composition causes this "glow" on the horizon.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Avgudar

Perhaps others have said virtually the same thing. I live in NW FL. and when I was near downtown area
the sky had an orange glow. Now keep in mind that this area has high humidity levels and perhaps that does
have something to do with it. It's also flatter than some areas of course. I would take note of weather conditions, as many as possible and see if you can find the answer there. Lots of volcanoes are active now too so maybe they
have put some measure of debri in the atmosphere adding to the effect.
Sorry I can't help really.
njl51

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
thanks to everyone who is posting their location

i live in northwestern montana, and no, no orange glow, and we do get em, so, it would be great if you all could pinpoint where this happening..

so far we have the south and now florida..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
It could be zodiacal light, sunlight scattered by dust in space.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-12-2012 by Tearman because: (no reason given)
Hm, I don't know. The color is sort of similar, but having checked google image search the shape is not. Also, is this in both horizons?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by julia53
thanks to everyone who is posting their location

so far we have the south and now florida..

Isn't FL still in the south? About as far south as you can go in the U.S.?

I will be keeping my eyes to the skies to notice any orange glows. Haven't seen any here, but I haven't been looking.
It has been cloudy for the past couple of days. I'm in E. TN.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Avgudar

What time of night do you see the light? And what is your location?

edit on 11-12-2012 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
reply to post by Avgudar

What time of night do you see the light? And what is your location?

Sweden, far south,~ 12 o clock to ~ 4 o clock.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Avgudar

What time does the sun rise there these days?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hey this is my first post here but I too have noticed a strange orange glow on the horizon. I live on the NSW central coast in australia, and overlook the nearest city of Gosford and so I am familiar with the glow of streetlights and particulary when the stadium floodlights are on. However, the glow i am seeing is eerily orange and on the western horizon. From my perspective, this is a mainly rural area (there is some light industry but this wouldnt be running at night). It has seemed to get brighter some nights and my mum even acknowledged that it was weird when we were having a smoke. (shes not one to comment on strange things, will usually just shrug it off)

On a cool side note, the glow appears to be coming from the same area as the Gosford Glyphs. I'm not suggesting any causal link, just thought it was a cool thing to point out. (I personally believe that there is nothing mysterious about the glyphs, just the hobby of some individual with in interest in egyptian mythology etc.). Gosford is also known as an area of high UFO activity, not that I have seen one myself. Again, I am not suggesting this is aliens, but I thought it was strange that I too am seeing a strange orange glow on the other side of the world from everyone else.

edit on 12-12-2012 by projekt03 because: real bad typo lol

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Avgudar

I would recommend seeing, first, if something new has been constructed in those directions. If it is a construction, it should not be too difficult to locate. There is also a possibility of some Christmas event in both places, that has more lights in use than you would normally see. Odd, that it would start both places on the same night, but possible.

Beyond that, I don't know what to suggest.

You know....I have relatives in Tennessee; maybe I can ask some of them if they have seen anything? Intermittent contact, so no promises, but can try. I will also try and look where we live, and see if there is anything here like that. Small enough place, I can get good sunset pics, so some odd glow to the east should show up, if it's there.
edit on 13-12-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: additional note

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

I was driving down the highway tonight and wanted to stop to take a photo of the "sunset', over an hour after sunset was said to have been here in my area. I was not able to find a spot to pull over to take the photo. It was over an hour after sunset and it was still a bright orange glow. I will try to tomorrow if I can get capture a photo for you.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
yes I'm not the only one in Australia who thinks this glow every night is weird.

every week there is a pattern emerging, cloud cover one week sunny the next.

probably hiding something in space that has a pattern of appearing each fortnight.
edit on 13-12-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Below is a message received from a friend of mine regarding "the light".
Don't know if this orange glow is related to this message, but I thougt the timing was very interesting!

Source: www.the-starpeople.net...?lang=de

Message Sunday, November 11 2012 (waking state, sent by our star sisters and brothers) Monika: „What is important to know for our group regarding the upcoming “event”"
Antwort: „Pay attention to the light. It will tell you that it is beginning..."
The time is drawing nearer! Let us be in pleasant anticipation and let us be torchbearers of love for all the others!
reply to post by Avgudar

edit on 12/13/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Don't forget Greenhouses. Here in Holland the skies are almost lit orange every night due to the greenhouses.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kenniestuk

Good observation but thats not the case in Arizona.. I`m thinking that the change in the sunsets is due to the particles in the air`s ability to absorb or reflect light.We dont visually See a light source after the sun has set ,yet there often remains a recording of that event.. But whatever is causing this phenomena is evident without an identifiable lightsource.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Is this evidence of pole reversal? The south is warmer than the north? Usually by now it's -30 to -40 in the north and around -12 in the south!

i.imgur.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Rather than a pole reversal which is by all accounts a total impossibility (unless youre talking about magnetic poles), could it not be the huge amount of meteor activity December is currently experiencing?

Also Finland has been having some amazing never before seen columns of light appearing all over the country which isn't too far from yourself.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've seen bugger all here in England.....my life is so monotonous it seems so I'll live it vicariously through everyone else

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have got to admit that I am a little shocked and concerned that this phenomena is world wide and not just in my neck of the woods.However this is not an overnight occurrence as it has been going on for some time. I had remarked on the eerie glow on the horizon to a friend just the other day. I have heard meteor dust as an explanation.Any one hear of any huge meteor hits? Back in October I was getting on an elevator in Laughlin, Nevada and there was a huge explosion that rocked the elevator back and forth. It wasnt an earthquake. At the time I thought it was a blast from the mines.Id be interested in hearing plausible explanations about this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join