At both opposite horizons, a strange orange glow

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have every night since the first of december seen the strange glow at both of the opposite horizons. It is very strong and makes the clouds visible. What is this?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't mean at all to be in any way rude or belittling, but it could possibly be the glow of street lights.

They do give off sort of an eery glow at night.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avgudar
I have every night since the first of december seen the strange glow at both of the opposite horizons. It is very strong and makes the clouds visible. What is this?

Since the 1st of december!!! well how about some pictures then? please.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll
I don't mean at all to be in any way rude or belittling, but it could possibly be the glow of street lights.

They do give off sort of an eery glow at night.

No. If that was the case, the glow would have been seen in all directions. Furthermore, I have lived here for ten years through all seasons and I have never seen anything like it before.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I would very much like to see pictures, if you have them.

It would be easier to possibly determine what it could be!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Avgudar

Very strange we were just talking about this in another thread. I live in the Appalachian mountains and I was posting about reddish/kinda orange fog in my area.
edit on 10-12-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by Avgudar

Since the 1st of december!!! well how about some pictures then? please.
How I have tried, but such a picture would require long exposure and a camera other than the one I currently posses, which is an old nokia phone.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Avgudar

Very strange we were just talking about this in another thread. I live in the Appalachian mountains and I was posting about reddish/kinda orange fog in my area.
edit on 10-12-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)
I have read your post, although I doubt it relates to my case. I have written about this eerie glow before, but had no replies.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It's almost as if this fog everyone is seeing hides something during the day. Then again I could just be a loon.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
yes I also have noticed an orange glow in the evening and we don't live close to a town. But the #1 thing that bothered me a few weeks ago was the bright red sun, and normally that tells us the next day will be Hot, or that day even. Well at that point it was in the 30's in the day so it surely didn't mean the heat was coming.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Unrelated or not, I must also mention it has snowed here every day since December the first. Not a lot on all day's, but enough to be worthy of mentioning. This is not unusual for the north, but surely for the south where I live. It is currently below 9 degrees Celsius.
I asked my elders regarding the abundance of snow this December, and they where amazed as well.

Picture in paint.
i.imgur.com...
edit on 10-12-2012 by Avgudar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have seen an orange glow in the sky as well. Its really weird, as the area I saw the glow wasn't over where any lights are, and I kept trying to figure out what it was, but eventually couldn't and gave up. I haven't noticed in the past couple days though.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have experienced, a few times in the past couple of weeks, while the sun is setting in the west there is a orange/pink glow. At the same time to the east is the same glow. I questioned a friend about this wondering how could the same glow be opposite of where the sun is setting.
The few times I had noticed this there was the most beautiful blue sky in between. This was seen from the blue ridge mountains.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
I have experienced, a few times in the past couple of weeks, while the sun is setting in the west there is a orange/pink glow. At the same time to the east is the same glow. I questioned a friend about this wondering how could the same glow be opposite of where the sun is setting.
The few times I had noticed this there was the most beautiful blue sky in between. This was seen from the blue ridge mountains.
Exactly the same phenomena I was describing. Perhaps it could be and optical illusion? A mirage?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Avgudar

I have no explanation for it. Just an observation of it. I have lived here for 10 years and never seen that before. It is very strange indeed.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Avgudar

Swamp gas, sewer gas, chinese lantern, fireworks, helicopter, the moon, venus, etc etc. Pick one.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Funny this thread came up, just mentioned to my wife tonight at dark that there is a weird looking orange glow above the sunset tonight. Could be normal & attributed to sunset but it was different enough to comment to her on it.

Did not take a photo, did not see sunset as its overcast and the mountains across the water on Van Isl. were shrouded in clouds right up to about a 1/4 of the sky above the horizon where there was a sharp orange line with a dissipating orange glow above it. and then grey clouds above over the rest of the sky.

It looked neat but i'm sure just normal & explainable.

Edit: will look east as well tomorrow if it appears again.
edit on 10-12-2012 by criticalmindseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have seen this is as well, I live in a rural area of middle Tennessee.

I just checked outside and don't see it tonight, but I have noticed it rather frequently in the past month or two.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mendy

I live on the Tennessee, NC line and I witnessed the same thing,

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It could be zodiacal light, sunlight scattered by dust in space.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-12-2012 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join